Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By snowy
  • 4 Post By LivinLOS
  • 1 Post By Bacon

Thread: Are You A Night Owl or a Morning Person?

Are You A Night Owl or a Morning Person?

I would say I am a bit of both.
    I used to stay up a lot later than I do now butI still love being up late. And I don't mean out partying late but just up doing mundane stuff in the middle of the night.
    But I am also very much a morning person. I literally dont wake up groggy. Nowadays I like to lie in bed for 10 minutes before I get up but I am fully awake and functioning as soon as my feet hit the floor. I also don't drink coffee.

Some of my favorite times:

I love driving in the car late night on a weeknight, 1-2am, listening to sports talk radio.
    I love going to a quiet diner late night with the paper.

I love being up real early in a big city l like NYC to see it sort of wake up
    I love walking early in the morning when it has snowed overnight and no one is up and only a few shops are open

Funny, people look towards retirement for a all reasons......I will be happy to keep odd hours 555

Yeah I keep really odd hours.. And like both tho doing a lot less all night boozing till dawn, more just odd..

Last few weeks I have been waking as early as 4am.. no alarms or anything, just waking then.. I love to cool of pre dawn here too..

I also like driving through the night, its a lot riskier in Thailand as after midnight so many are drunk, and riders without lights etc etc.. But for long haul drives I often plan to drive through the night and get there morning next day.. Hell driving in general, got another rd trip coming up soon and no way I will fly.. My poor little car will get beaten on again !!

I normally go to bed between 1 and 3 inn the morning, and wake up[ at 10ish. It's the same when I'm not drinking, but I think all the late nights in the bar have made my schedule fucked up. My best sleep is probably between 6 and 9 in the morning. I'm bad at sleeping tho, as I never sleep more than 2-3 hours between waking up. As I hate medicine I always stay away from sleeping pills.
    I love night time tho.....watching telly when it's no one around and all quiet suits me fine.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

I can only sleep a maximum of 7hrs, so if i sleep early, i wake up freaking early and will be tired by early evening. So i prefer to stay late, but not too late, slightly before midnight is fine.

Night... there is something seriously wrong with morning people.
    This post is known by the state of California to potentially contain more than the maximum daily allowance of awesome.

Early for me , I wake early and start to do whatever asap, pay bills, read news, reply to emails whatever, it's probably mainly due to a young a family and the only real time to get things done without kids asking to play games etc.

I now like to start drinking early in the afternoon and finish early, get all the family stuff done, family to bed and read or whatever on the net (like this)

So kind of a bit of both really, ( a good 6-8 hours of sleep is enough for me), i'm generally would be asleep by 11ish, but don't make a real time to sleep, normally a belly full of beer and wine is enough, but i'll wake at no later than 4.30.0-5.30 every day not matter what and never really feel tired or hungover.

Definitely night... I can stay up until 4am+ if I find something stupid to watch on YouTube (last night it was old Whose Line Is It Anyway shows). Problem is I usually have to be up by 10am for one thing or another yet 6hrs sleep doesn't bother me until the afternoon, and then I usually end up having an hour or two kip in the evening.

At the weekends I tend to sleep until 1-2pm to catch up on the week

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHoliday View Post
    Definitely night... I can stay up until 4am+ if I find something stupid to watch on YouTube (last night it was old Whose Line Is It Anyway shows). Problem is I usually have to be up by 10am for one thing or another yet 6hrs sleep doesn't bother me until the afternoon, and then I usually end up having an hour or two kip in the evening.

At the weekends I tend to sleep until 1-2pm to catch up on the week
    It really depends on your circumstances as well, when we were on Samui recently we slept so well it was incredible, but when you're home and have to get kids to school and you need to get to work eventually , you HAVE to wake at a certain time.
    NeedHoliday likes this.

Morning person during the week and night-owl on the weekends...

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Yeah I keep really odd hours.. And like both tho doing a lot less all night boozing till dawn, more just odd..

Last few weeks I have been waking as early as 4am.. no alarms or anything, just waking then.. I love to cool of pre dawn here too..

I also like driving through the night, its a lot riskier in Thailand as after midnight so many are drunk, and riders without lights etc etc.. But for long haul drives I often plan to drive through the night and get there morning next day.. Hell driving in general, got another rd trip coming up soon and no way I will fly.. My poor little car will get beaten on again !!
    I have a big East Coast biz trip at the end of this month but decided to head home to Boston for the weekend before
    I get home at midnight on a Thursday and took that Friday off
    I will get right in my sister's car and head for a drive, listen to sports talk and weirdly really look forward to that 555

When I was in LOS last, I got up and on road at 3:30am from HH to Surat Thani

weird...I'm traveling in AUS/NZ atm...doing 2 shifts of sleeping....if going out it's a nana nap from 6-8pm and then 4am-9/10am...if staying in its 11pmish-2/3amish and then another couple of hours early afternoon

In LOS it is never before 2-3am until 8-9am on home nights...and then 6-7am until noon-ish on the big ones...+ I always try to get a nana nap or quiet time in for 20-30 mins late afternoon most days

Good to read that most have odd sleeping hours. My habits have changed considerably after losing the job. I get to sleep around midnight oneish. Wake up at 4am. Watch a little TV till 5am. Then up at 7am. Then if I'm on the couch at 4pm it's nap time till 6ish. The randomness is killing my energy supply. If I could get 6 hours uninterrupted I'd be superman..55

I like early Sunday morning. Most are still in bed. Church quiet. .

Last edited by Dupree; 9th September 2014 at 22:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    Good to read that most have odd sleeping hours. My habits have changed considerably after losing the job. I get to sleep around midnight oneish. Wake up at 4am. Watch a little TV till 5am. Then up at 7am. Then if I'm on the couch at 4pm it's nap time till 6ish. The randomness is killing my energy supply. If I could get 6 hours uninterrupted I'd be superman..55
    when I finally got laid off until I moved to Thailand, I had about 6 weeks where I was getting paid but didn't need to go in
    I loved it
    I would be eating at the diner at 2am on a Tuesday night

On weekends, I am up at 5:30-6am, surf the net for a bit and fall back asleep from 7-8:30am

On my holiday 2 weeks ago, I didn't sleep past 6:30am, most days up at 5:30am

Quote Originally Posted by ub2yoo View Post
    Sounds like a ticket to LOS would be up, since you have time now as well...
    I'll be back to work soon. Like maybe this Monday. I bought a big screen TV and a new mountain bike instead of LOS..55

I'm neither a morning or night person. I love sleep. I have always slept well and deep. Solid 6 to 7 hours almost every night... and I think its why I am still so healthy. That and what the aliens stick into me at 3.00am.

You know those are not real aliens tho right ??

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    You know those are not real aliens tho right ??
    Tell me what the real ones are like and I'll let you know.... 55

Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post
    Tell me what the real ones are like and I'll let you know.... 55
    The real ones dont ask for a tip when they do the anal probe..
    geir, Dkdude, Bacon and 1 others like this.

I could have had 4 hours of sleep the night before and would be tired as fuck all day at work. Then the sun goes down and ping! Hello!

This probably sounds wanky, but night and day have very different energies. And I'm not talking about the bar on Soi 4.
    Waharoa likes this.
    ןooʇsɹɐq ʎɯ uo ʞɔɐq eɯ ʇnd esɐeןd sıɥʇ pɐeɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı