Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Congratulations.....

Congratulations.....

......to the voters in the USA for finally getting it right!
    It looks like things finally may start getting done including the Keystone Pipeline and the lowering of corporate taxes to get some of that money back into the US economy....could be a huge boost.
    Also, looks like a complete repudiation of Obama's and Harry Reid's way of doing things (basically, doing nothing)
    Last edited by billpay; 5th November 2014 at 14:11.
    Pablo, tnlawyer, TLandHim and 2 others like this.
    The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

I predict, you will see even less done in the next two years because the GOP now is able to block even more than they did before. It was not Obama and Reid, that did nothing, it was mostly the House, that were more occupied by trying to repeal or dismantle The Affordable Care Act (more than 50 times, even though they knew it would get them nowhere) instead of doing things that could help the US.

Obama will have to govern by decrees and it will make a lot of noise in the GOP. I guess he will start with immigration.

You must be joking.....Harry Reid did zero....now, as you will soon see, things will get done.....unless of course Obama vetoes everything.

The people have spoken as far as who was doing nothing....GOP gained at least 7 in the senate....probably 9....10 in the House and gained I don't know how many governors....a tidal wave
    Those are FACTS, not your opinion.

Doesn't this always happen in mid terms? That the other party from whoever is in office wins. Same with British by-elections.

K2
    Well its not the economy ...

Why Obama And The Democrats Can't Get Any Love For The Economy

Hard to get passionate about politics anywhere TBH ... results were pretty much as expected as far as markets go, lets see if a positive attitude emerges in DC.
    Its My Life .....!

Quote Originally Posted by K2 View Post
    Well its not the economy ...

Why Obama And The Democrats Can't Get Any Love For The Economy

Hard to get passionate about politics anywhere TBH ... results were pretty much as expected as far as markets go, lets see if a positive attitude emerges in DC.
    The pro weed vote should help on the attitude....

Quote Originally Posted by billpay View Post
    You must be joking.....Harry Reid did zero....now, as you will soon see, things will get done.....unless of course Obama vetoes everything.
    In a sense, what the House did was even worse. They just kept churning out highly partisan bills, which they knew would never get passed in the Senate and most certainly not signed by Obama. Now it needs to be slightly more constraint though, in order to beat the filibuster. It will be a test on whether or not the party has finally turned to serious governing again… Then yes, it can actually be productive.

On Keystone, I doubt they will get a veto-proof vote in the Senate, so Obama really needs to show some backbone on this one. When we should be leaving most of the conventional fuels in the grown, in order to have a chance at the 2 degree target, we certainly cannot start retrieving unconventional sources. In that sense Obama’s decision can turn out to be one of those seminal moments defining this era. What is abundantly clear already is that the anti-science conservative message will be looked upon by utter disdain.

Again, it is apt to remind ourselves what happened to the Muslim world when they began rejecting science back the 13th century.

Quote Originally Posted by sundancekid View Post
    What is abundantly clear already is that the anti-science conservative message will be looked upon by utter disdain.
    The funny thing is they all sort of adopted the "I am not a scientist" before they reject what the scientists say. I mean, if you are not a scientist, then you really should listen to what the scientists say. If the scientists do not agree, you have some wiggle room, but that is not really the case when it comes to evolution, the age of the Earth and climate change.

For the first time in nearly six years, I'm starting to be proud of America again!.
    MrDK likes this.

What they need is a good old fashioned military coup, that would sort all this mularky out!!!!555

End up with cleaner beaches and everything!!!
    Pablo, steve w, slimbag and 2 others like this.
    Custard should be a colour...cos I could then paint over the mess I've just made!!!

I hate to break it to you but Australia voted in the "other guy" because we hate the "current guy" and things have gone from bad to worse to rock bottom and he's still digging.

Since a man with no economic policy apart from "lets hate the other guys" was elected unemployment is up, the dollar is down and consumer confidence is dropping. And they still claim the other guys had no idea how to run an economy.
    This post is known by the state of California to potentially contain more than the maximum daily allowance of awesome.

Interesting times........you can't deny the voting results

But the Reps still have no clear person that can win the Presidency.....so they control both the House and Senate but probably will still lose the Presidency

Not good to get things done in next 6 years

I'm just excited that I'll be able to finally buy wine in a grocery store in TN. Woo hoo!

Quote Originally Posted by tnlawyer View Post
    I'm just excited that I'll be able to finally buy wine in a grocery store in TN. Woo hoo!
    You joke but this is what these elections are great for and people don't use their voice enough
    They bitch and complain but you can really have your voice heard in these state elections

Why do you suppose they're called "blue" laws?

Congrat's counselor.

But then again, I live in a "blue" State, where you can buy liquor, cigs, and gamble in a gas station 24/7 every day of the year...? lol

Used to be that most of the local bars didn't even have locks on their doors. Because they never closed!

Then of course, the influx of california's worst elements and invasion of illegal immigrants, caused a lot of bars to install locks. And then to lock the doors and use cctv to admit customers in late night hours.
    Last edited by Pablo; 5th November 2014 at 22:32.

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    You joke but this is what these elections are great for and people don't use their voice enough
    They bitch and complain but you can really have your voice heard in these state elections
    No, I'm seriously excited. I was a part of the team that did most of the lobbying and negotiating. Took 7 years.

And I agree...state and local governments have a much more immediate impact on our lives than some asshole in Washington, D.C.
    slampay likes this.

Thanks. I know you're not sorry to see ol' Harry demoted. Now you just have to unseat him the next go around.

Thanks. I know you're not sorry to see ol' Harry demoted. Now you just have to unseat him the next go around.
    Yeah, that asshole is an embarrassment not only to Nevada, but the entire nation IMO!
    MrDK likes this.

I really like what Thom Tillis said after winning the North Carolina senate seat:.....'when government gives you something, they have to take it away from someone else'.

Can't wait for more pig castrating jokes from Joni Ernst......she really makes 'em squeal 555

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast