Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By TLandHim

Thread: Beer, Bourbon and Peach Moonshine

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    928

    Beer, Bourbon and Peach Moonshine

    Tnlawyer
    Bill's got those liberals on the ropes, now they are asking him to quote the scriptures to them!!!!!

    My heart fluttered when you mentioned you had been hunting.
    You sure are in a gorgeous neck of the woods, drove down the Natchez Trace a few weeks ago and it has to be one of the prettiest drive ever. Couldn't help thinking what lovely deer country, so open, rolling and pretty, not the wet, hilly, dense forest we have.
    Here is a couple of photo's
    Now where do you get that Peach Moonshine that they served us in jars? It was just so delicious
    Attached Images Attached Images
    tnlawyer and LivinLOS like this.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Thin White Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Afrique du Sud
    Posts
    2,891
    Yee hah......finally a thread about moonshine and the good old days.

    Can't wait......

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,059
    When I was in high school we used to get coconuts, hollow out the small plug, stuff it full of dried sultanas and a shot of Mum's cooking brandy, tape it up and bury it.
    About 3 weeks late the raw alcohol was mixed with coca cola (the real deal back then) and we'd spend the rest of the classes sleeping with our eyes open or giggling 555!
    Sipping from the Fountain of Youth that is Thailand.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Thin White Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Afrique du Sud
    Posts
    2,891
    There was a time.....long ago when we as kids used to roam the streets.... free as birds.....free of crime , litter and general riff raff.

    Braaivleis (barbecue), rugby, sunny skies and Chevrolet was the catch phrase.

    How I miss those days.

  5. #5
    Senior Member tnlawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    2,651
    Quote Originally Posted by TLandHim View Post
    Tnlawyer
    Bill's got those liberals on the ropes, now they are asking him to quote the scriptures to them!!!!!

    My heart fluttered when you mentioned you had been hunting.
    You sure are in a gorgeous neck of the woods, drove down the Natchez Trace a few weeks ago and it has to be one of the prettiest drive ever. Couldn't help thinking what lovely deer country, so open, rolling and pretty, not the wet, hilly, dense forest we have.
    Here is a couple of photo's
    Now where do you get that Peach Moonshine that they served us in jars? It was just so delicious
    You should have told me you were down here. Would have tried to meet up. As far as the moonshine goes...

    "We learned in the Sunday school who made the sun shine through. I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from". If you want some, I know a few sources.

    Great pictures.

  6. #6
    Senior Member tnlawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    2,651
    Some really great bourbons coming out lately. Small batch, single barrel, and other regular bourbons. The older I get the more I'm starting to enjoy scotch. Can anyone recommend a good, peaty scotch? Preferably one that won't break the bank.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,059
    Quote Originally Posted by tnlawyer View Post
    Some really great bourbons coming out lately. Small batch, single barrel, and other regular bourbons. The older I get the more I'm starting to enjoy scotch. Can anyone recommend a good, peaty scotch? Preferably one that won't break the bank.
    Laphroag - an aged single malt.
    You're a lawyer - I'm sure you can find someone's bill to add it to 555!
    Sipping from the Fountain of Youth that is Thailand.

  8. #8
    Senior Member tnlawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    2,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilbaz View Post
    Laphroag - an aged single malt.
    You're a lawyer - I'm sure you can find someone's bill to add it to 555!
    Thanks. Will give it a whirl.

  9. #9
    Senior Member BroTiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Seattle WA, USA
    Posts
    658
    You might also try Glenmorangie. It has a nice earthy note and warms all the way down, as a good Scotch should.

  10. #10
    Senior Member tnlawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    2,651
    Quote Originally Posted by BroTiger View Post
    You might also try Glenmorangie. It has a nice earthy note and warms all the way down, as a good Scotch should.
    Yeah I have some Glenmorangie and like it but was looking for something a little more heavy on the peat.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Pablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,269
    https://www.forwhiskeylovers.com/sto...e-flagon-750ml

    Many, many years back, one of my brothers sent me a bottle of scotch whiskey for my birthday.

    I took a look at it and figured it was some "gimmicky" sort of floozy scotch, because it came in a funky "maple syrup like" ceramic jug. I wondered why he wouldn't just pop a few $$$ and by me my favorite Chivas Bro's, instead? I put it away in an upper cabinet and forgot about it.

    Then, a long time later while having a bit of a house party, we ran out of Chivas. I thought "wait a minute", I've got a bottle of scotch in the back of the cabinet...don't know how good it is though".

    I popped the cork and poured a shot for myself and a couple of guests.

    After my first sip, I grabbed the bottle and put it back in the cabinet, to save for myself alone. lol

    Probably the smoothest and best tasting "blended" ever to touch my lips.

    Then I looked around and found out the price on the stuff, and decided to thank my brother again. The last time I checked on it (couple of years ago), it was in the $130 range.

  12. #12
    Senior Member tnlawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    2,651
    ^sometimes the best stuff comes in unexpected packages.
    Last edited by tnlawyer; 24th November 2014 at 11:50.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    375
    Oban, love it

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    928
    I envy you guys with a discerning palate that can enjoy the subtleties of the aroma and taste of whisky.

    I'm a peasant I have to admit

  15. #15
    Senior Member tnlawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    2,651
    Quote Originally Posted by TLandHim View Post
    I envy you guys with a discerning palate that can enjoy the subtleties of the aroma and taste of whisky.

    I'm a peasant I have to admit
    It's something you have to work at and develop, at least it was for me. Same with cigars. But once the light begins to come on, it's amazing all the aromas and tastes you can pick up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •