Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nelsonone

Thread: OPEC and the effect on Thai tourism?

OPEC and the effect on Thai tourism?

Just speculation, like. Will the fall in the price of oil, and the resulting slide in the value of the double, linked to an interest hike in Russia mean less Russian visitors to Thailand? What about the Russian "dancers". If they are paid in Thai Baht, they will be earning more back home?

K2
    RUB fallen 50% this year alone - will hit the low end Russian invasion would expect (also the JPY has plunged 20% this year) - time for the BoT to let the Baht slide to stave off what will probably be a nasty economic contraction, once US rates do rise and/or we have another economic crisis.

'Russian' dancers might well want to stay as their earnings (in RUB terms) have doubled this year!
    Its My Life .....!

Over a good few months noticeable drop in Russian tourists. I guess it's gonna get worse (or better) depending on you perspective

Russian go go dancers..........not enough to care about!!

No idea if its coincidence or not but the bungalows up the back from us here were almost all occupied by young Russian couples this time last year....this year its all Germans, Austrians and French..not a Russian in sight

not a lot of captains hats on the beach either
    LivinLOS likes this.

I guess also a lot of Ruski's had booked their holidays well in advance which also doesn’t give a completely true reflection of the situation yet either?

And nervous times for Russian business owners in Thailand too I would imagine!