Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Easycpl

Thread: Long time listener, first time caller...What's up in Patong?

Long time listener, first time caller...What's up in Patong?

Not really but feel like a newbie not willing to search for old info....

1) What are the current closing times in Patong? Gonna head down from Bangkok in a day or two, just want to know the scene...

2) What are the odds of watching the Packers-Cowboys game (in full) at a bar in Patong? Bill's? Anywhere?

3) Any good gyms/fitness centers in Patong, my cheap a** hotel is pretty good, but no fitness center...any new ones?

Cheers,
    Robaht!

I would imagine Summer Breeze would be perfect for the NFL games

You can get a bit of a buzz and then head there and have them pop it on
    Will be about 1:30am I think??

Robaht, the Tai Life gym which is located at the Yorkshire Hotel on Soi Sansabai, is a great small gym, with a pretty complete set-up. For a slightly less expensive but much more smelly and meat headed gym experience, the Phuket Gym, is a couple of blocks further north, just off Rat-U-Tit in the little soi immediately south of Sainamyen Rd..

Tai Life is nicer by far, and has access to the nice pool at the Yorkshire, but if you're a serious meathead lifter/bodybuilder, then the Phuket gym might be more your style.
    Last edited by Easycpl; 10th January 2015 at 08:52.
    Robaht likes this.

Robaht..a gym is a gym..you make what you want of it..Tailife is nice..they ahve a pool, steam and sauna attached..they open at 8am...Phuket gym is older..but still has what you need..they open at 6am...Phuket gym rates are a lot less as well....
    Packers Cowboys game will start at 4:30 am..monday morning..can find at most any bar if you ask them to put it on for you...Channel 666 on UBC

Quote Originally Posted by DrFeelgood View Post
    Robaht..a gym is a gym..you make what you want of it..Tailife is nice..they ahve a pool, steam and sauna attached..they open at 8am...Phuket gym is older..but still has what you need..they open at 6am...Phuket gym rates are a lot less as well....
    Packers Cowboys game will start at 4:30 am..monday morning..can find at most any bar if you ask them to put it on for you...Channel 666 on UBC

Dallas-GB starts at 1:05pm est......Thailand is 12 hours ahead, no?
    So 1am

Yes thats right...1am

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    Dallas-GB starts at 1:05pm est......Thailand is 12 hours ahead, no?
    So 1am
    Yes, it's the Monday at 1am game. I have channel 666 here at home but the hotel I go to doesn't have that channel (I normally go to Leelawadi boutique, btw). I'm sure Summer Breeze or any bar would show the game, but since it starts at 1am and finishes around 4:30 am, it is dependent on what times bars are closing these days. Here in Bangkok there are a few relaxes here and there but generally all close at 2am sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFeelgood View Post

Tailife sounds perfect, thanks for the tip!

Bars are doing regular closing hours at the moment so depending on the bar anywhere from 2:30 - 6 am. Summer Breeze should be good if you want commentary not sure about other bars... there are a few other ones on Soi Sansabai that might show the game (with commentary). There should be a few beer bars in New Tiger that will have it on... or you can try Heroes Bar on Bangla... but I'm not sure if they will stay open past 2 am.

As SB is a "hotel/restaurant bar" would there not be dispensation on closing times for guests?
    Sipping from the Fountain of Youth that is Thailand.