Thread: Kho Pha Ngan, thoughts for family

Kho Pha Ngan, thoughts for family

Just after any sort of feedback on the island, travelling there, hotels , food, beach's etc.

Anything would help, done the trip advisor and lonely planet searches but nothing like the real info from here, so thanks.

Young family, so nightlife not an issue, more about chilling and doing not much.

I think KPG is a nice island, much better imo than Tao..

Get as far away from haad rin as you can in your case.. I think you will still encounter a lot of the backpackery, fishermans pants, there for the booze buckets and party types.. But the south of the island this will be simply too much, go north and I suspect it will be tolerable.. Also of course timing to not be there at FMP time better for you.

Had Som/Had Salad area. Was perfect for the two of us with a 3 year old.

That was 4 years ago tho.

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio View Post
    Had Som/Had Salad area. Was perfect for the two of us with a 3 year old.

That was 4 years ago tho.
    agree with Hat Salad....or up near there on the north west coast...quieter, calm water (most of the time) more family oriented, plenty of restaurants etc about and easily accessible...

Bottle Beach is lovely as well however in-out is by longtail...as lil says stay well clear of Hat Rin and the whole bacpacker FMP thang...and also make sure your visit is well outside of any FMP period...a few days before and a few days after

thanks guys for the info, appreciate it.