Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dontpanic

Thread: Etihad seat reservation, months ahead

Etihad seat reservation, months ahead

I have just bought a Etihad flight via an agent. Can I choose and reserve my seat on flights now, or do I have to wait until online check-in? I do have a frequent flyer number somewhere, but have not used Etihad for a couple of years.

When I buy an Emirates flight direct from the airline, I can immediately go to the website and reserve the seats, just wondering if etihad are the same.

Yes you can you just need the booking referance number and your surname from the manage my booking section of their website, think its a 6 alphanumeric code. You only need the etihad guest login if you are claiming or using airmiles.
    Sirgezza likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dontpanic View Post
    Yes you can you just need the booking referance number and your surname from the manage my booking section of their website, think its a 6 alphanumeric code. You only need the etihad guest login if you are claiming or using airmiles.
    Thanks, I have managed to retrieve my details but in the seats section it says ''check-in required'', so I'm guessing I will not be able to reserve my seat until I check-in, 24 hours before take-off. Maybe because I got a cheap ticket?

Could be worth giving them a ring I was able to pick mine 2months away from flying, etihad tend to be good at giving perks even with cheap tickets, the cheap tickets are usually only limited if u need to change dates.

I doubt the price of the ticket is a factor,isnt there a contact or online help on their website to ask the question ?

Reading the link below it seems you may have to ring them

Reserving seat on Etihad, using their web site ? - FlyerTalk Forums

Hi,

Etihad lets you reserve seats during online booking and then only in the last 24 hours at web check in.

However, you may call up customer service and have seats allotted in between.

Etihad's Web leaves room for improvement.

All the Best,

Good Luck

That doesnt sound right Ive changed seats plenty of times with lots of time before flying at no cost, then again I am silver tier on their guest club but again I dont think that makes a difference.