Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Waharoa
  • 1 Post By LivinLOS
  • 3 Post By soupdragon
  • 1 Post By soupdragon

Thread: 3BB fiber to the home..

3BB fiber to the home..

If its available.. Dont hesitate.. No idea why I put it off as long as I did..

Its as big a difference as going to ADSL was..

Color me impressed..

I love it, and regularly max out 30mbit/s with torrents. Obviously more expensive than their other products but definitely worth it.

Its not just headline speed, the pings seems way better, hence page loads are snappy to the point of being near instant..

Talking to the shop when I was trying to get my adsl line tuned for better adsl speeds, before fiber was at my location.. the shop kinda said "we are concentrating on our fiber customers for fast connections now, if your serious get the fiber even the lowest speed one" and this seems a major jump from my already acceptable ADSL.

I have had the option since the end of last year, just got lazy and thought how much better could it be.. Well a lot..

Ohh on a whim I picked up one of these also the other day..

Amazon.com: Logitech Rechargeable Touchpad T650 with Windows 8 Multi-Touch Navigation - Black: Computers & Accessories

Once you get the multi touch gestures memorized, the pinch zoom functions etc.. sure beats a mouse too.. Well worth adding to the peripherals..

It's all relative isn't it. I find anything under 50mb/s slow these days. In another few years we'll be grumbling when speeds are below a gig/s ...555
    LivinLOS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Its not just headline speed, the pings seems way better, hence page loads are snappy to the point of being near instant..

Talking to the shop when I was trying to get my adsl line tuned for better adsl speeds, before fiber was at my location.. the shop kinda said "we are concentrating on our fiber customers for fast connections now, if your serious get the fiber even the lowest speed one" and this seems a major jump from my already acceptable ADSL.

I have had the option since the end of last year, just got lazy and thought how much better could it be.. Well a lot..
    How much is it per month?

1200 for the 30/3 which is reading 35Mbit DL speeds..

Another 321/month to double the speed, sounds tempting.

Now has fibre reached Bang Tao yet ?

Or Kamala?

Life's too short to hang about waiting on downloads.
    Sipping from the Fountain of Youth that is Thailand.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbaz View Post
    Or Kamala?

Life's too short to hang about waiting on downloads.
    Yes they do in Kamala with 3BB shouldnt be an issue. But to be sure if available in your particular street (not sure every part of each area is covered yet) you just need to pop down to the office and they will look it up on google earth. Have no idea on Bang Tao would probably need to go to the center.

Only reason I havent done it yet as am looking at moving up near BKK so no point for short term (from memory there is a approx 5k initial install cost ?!! - might have changed now tho)

Stayed above Surin (Ayara) in the villa of an old schoolfriend last week. He paid for extending the coast road uphill.
    Was a big difference with the internet he had last year. So I suppose the big road in Kamala must have it also, and maybe Bang Tao

Quote Originally Posted by davis121 View Post
    Only reason I havent done it yet as am looking at moving up near BKK so no point for short term (from memory there is a approx 5k initial install cost ?!! - might have changed now tho)
    Theres a 2k modem cost (and its crap) and then they tried to ask for 6 months deposit, by virtue of being a farang.. I knocked that back and just sat there smiling while they squirmed for a while.. They had to get permission from a manager but called me back the next day to say yes it would be fine.. So I paid the standard 1 month up front and rolling monthly billing.
    davis121 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    and then they tried to ask for 6 months deposit,
    It's now a year here on Phuket, but you do get a discounted rate for that so if you plan a long stay it is worth it. Apparently a lot of farangs got deep in arrears then did a runner.

To be fair.. Given how transient so many people who want net are, I can understand..

Once I showed them huse papers, been there 4 years, etc etc.. They were cool.. They did heavily emphasize the fine I get if I dont see through the whole year tho.

New package available from 3BB, VDSL @ 750/month. Uses existing line just plug in the new VDSL router and 4 times the speed of the old ADSL and 200 baht/month cheaper.
    Attached Images Attached Images

As a side note 4G speeds are pretty impressive as well. This on Bang Tao beach.......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    snowy likes this.

I requested that a month ago and 3BB said CANNOT to Cherngtalay (Permsap), Went Fiber instead ....

http://

$45 per month