• 1 Post By Iltis
  • 1 Post By dawsey
  • 1 Post By sundancekid
  • 1 Post By dawsey

Thread: KODI Media Software

KODI Media Software

Anybody run it? Worth the effort?

Kodi | Open Source Home Theatre Software

^ I saw that too. The boxes will just come without Kodi being loaded and you'll get instructions (or not) on how to download it. It may shut down the shops that push Kodi but there will always be an online source for these boxes. The Chinese know they have a huge market for these.
    Waharoa and Iltis like this.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

Yes and Yes, Brian.
    We run it through an Apple TV, Israel TV has heaps of Thai stuff on it ( Sat boxing is good), I know that's not something you need 55, but there's is plenty of stuff on it. 😁

I use it as well thanks to Dawsey and nowadays watch almost exclusively on Kodi. the amount of movies, series, sports and foreign tv-channels is incredible.

in Switzerland they sell the box without Kodi pre-installed but it was really easy to upload the content to the box. just search on youtube and you will find many tutorials about installing Kodi and many different addons.
    dawsey likes this.
    Money can't buy love but it can rent a pretty close imitation.

It looks like a court case against TV Addons.ag has closed down all their addons including Exodus and Phoenix, among others. Click on Exodus and you'll find everything still loads but there is an error message when you select either a film or tv programme. TV Addons have effectively shut down and none of their addons work.

But there is a way to carry on watching content on Exodus.

First, uninstall your current copy of Exodus.
    Next, go to System> file manager> add source and enter the following
    Index of /magic/ and name it magic if it hasn't already done so. Click OK.

Exit and go to System> Settings> Addons>Install from zip file > find magic and install Ares Project zip file.
    Go to Install from Repository> Program addons> and find Ares Project and install it.

Exit back to Programs click on Ares Wizard and the Ares Wizard opens. No need to Log in.
    Go to Browse addons> Video Addons> Exodus>and Install

Once reinstalled, go to Videos> Exodus and open it. Now you'll find all the films and TV programmes work again.

The Ares wizard is handy for different builds and to make a back up too.

Edit.I see the link I posted isn't showing as it should for inputting into an android box.
    The correct link is as follows without any spaces.

http :// repo/ares-project.com/ magic
    Last edited by dawsey; 22nd June 2017 at 21:42. Reason: because I wanted to.
    soupdragon likes this.

Been following this vaguely but its always going to be a game of whack a mole.. Each step to break nodes or points of centralization creates further decentralization and lack of pinch points.. So Exodus goes now, and next month a new 2.0 distributed idea is out.. Like napster they simply wont put the genie back in the bottle and whatever 'spotify' ends up doing media, if it isnt netflix, will be there.

I have always used kodi mostly as a local media player, initially because Thai net wasnt great for HD and then because I prefer nicely curated media library and the tablet controller solution. So none of this Kodi clampdown is really changing how I use it.. Before travelling back this last time I picked up a 4TB portable USB3 drive, size of a cigarette packet, which has more than I could watch in months, maybe a year, on it. Another couple of years it will be TB in your cellphone.

^ I've been looking into different ways of streaming media into the android box as well.

Showbox is pretty good for films and I found Droid Buddy was good for streaming IPTV channels but seems like V2.0 is in the pipeline and V1.0 is shaky.

FreeTelly is one of the rivals to host addons, same same Kodi, but as its a TVAddons.ag brainchild not sure how long it will be up for.

http://getshowboxapk.com/

How To Download And Install Droid Buddy Android

https://www.toptutorials.co.uk/free-...ning-2-builds/

Looks like the Canadian lawsuit against TV Addons is scaring a lot of developers from hosting addons. A few of the popular ones are loading the streams but buffering after 10 seconds and kicking out.

I don't think its a UK thing as Im using IPVanish and even stable APK's like Mobdro and Terrarium aren't streaming properly.

Solved it currently by getting a Real Debrid account and changing the settings inside Kodi using URL Resolver to accept real debrid account. It's a pain in the arse but its working again and even quicker with dedicated servers for the streams.

Thinking of going back to downloading torrents onto a 32Gb USB drive and sticking that in the back of the TV for the inevitable block on Kodi. They are resisting at the moment, but there will come a time that addons supplying the hosting for copyrighted material will be unable to be loaded.
    Anyone got some good sources for good quality torrents? I see Pirate Bay has gone again.

I still use Pirate Bay for movies and older stuff, and eztv for new series. You just need to locate the proxies that work.

https://pirateproxy.cam/
    https://eztv.ag/
    dawsey likes this.

^Thanks for the links SDK.

EZTV link isn't working for me, even through a VPN.

Found it here though. https://torrents.me/proxy/eztv/
    Last edited by dawsey; 11th November 2017 at 20:06.

was having problems ... got slamious installed no issues for week now, best yet imo

^ Lots of addons vanished this past week due to cease and desist actions being taken against the developers.
    But the great thing about this platform is as one addon disappears, another one takes its place.

Haven't tried Slamious above, but I'll take a look.
    Best ones at the moment for movies and tv are Placenta, Neptune Rising, At the Flix, Incursion, Uranus and the nicely titled "The Dogs Bollocks"

Most can be installed through this link if you want to take a look.
    https://kodiapps.com/addons-chart
    collectskulls likes this.

Ur anus is the best 5555
    Money can't buy love but it can rent a pretty close imitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Iltis View Post
    Ur anus is the best 5555
    It is a good one, along with Placenta and The Dogs Bollocks. 5555