Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By NeedHoliday
  • 1 Post By LivinLOS

Thread: Spotify..

Spotify..

What a resource..

So I have been on and off with spotify for the last few years.. I dont like having ongoing subs billing me, and have cancelled and resubscribed a few times. Especially as at 10 gbp a month its more than movies on netflix, more than the 700 channels of live TV I get for 80 USD a year on a streaming package.. More than lots of other services that it fells should cost more.. but.. well..

Its just such a good app and eco system.. It plays my home net music, but its really the fact its got got a huge online catalog, even rare odd and old stuff I like from stax volt and Motown to modern remixers and white label dance stuff.. The whole suggested artists and plaslists and radio functions.. It really is a great argument for 'make a good system and people will pay'. I can search almost anything and its there (unlike netflix), it just makes stealing it not worth the effort..

The way I can have my phone control it all, and stream it to the TV in the living or bedroom, or my Ipad plugged into the poolside stereo is just so user friendly.. I see now google are making 35 buck music chomecasts and i can see how putting one of these in each room for super cheap sonos replacements is going to be the way to go..

While another 550 baht a month for something as easy to pirate / steal as Mp3s are, is a bill I dont like.. the app(s) are so well integrated.. I just paid another year..

Indeed, more or less same reasoning I keep paying each month. I am starting to use YouTube more though (at home with wifi), even if I don't watch the videos themselves, I find sometimes there are songs/versions/mixes on YT that Spotify doesn't have.
    nelsonone likes this.

I like how you can create offline playlists too when you going for a long drive you don't have to eat up your data. Thing that pisses me off most tho is that songs sometimes just vanish. Whole back catalogs gone, I googled it and seems sometimes they just lose the licencing for some reason.

Regarding the price, a 10er (2 pints) is probably the max I am willing to pay. They have kept it as a 10er for ages so must be due an increase soon.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    more than the 700 channels of live TV I get for 80 USD a year on a streaming package..
    Sef whats the package? Browser only or do you need a box into tv etc?

Quote Originally Posted by kris-one View Post
    I like how you can create offline playlists too when you going for a long drive you don't have to eat up your data. Thing that pisses me off most tho is that songs sometimes just vanish. Whole back catalogs gone, I googled it and seems sometimes they just lose the licencing for some reason.
    Think that is cos some artists are peeved off as they feel they are being underpaid/hardly paid at all.....and yank their music.

We went away to Hawaii last year w/ another family
    Spent most of the week around the villa
    Didn't turn the TV on once..........just let random playlists play all week

Quote Originally Posted by Geespot View Post
    Sef whats the package? Browser only or do you need a box into tv etc?
    IPTV Private Server for MAG250, MAG254, KODI, AVOV, IPTV Stalker, Android IPTV, Stalker, STB Emulator, IPTV Live Channels, VoD

I run it inside Kodi.. So its built into the UI of the media system..

But you can run it with a mag250 IPTV box, or you can even run an emulator on an android box etc.. Lots of ways the same streams can be used.

Dont think theres a browser based way.
    Geespot likes this.

Love Spotify and also have the premium package. it's great how you can create your own playlists and use them offline. was a great when i did my roadtrip through eastern europe a month ago.
    Money can't buy love but it can rent a pretty close imitation.