Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: NETFLIX officially live in Thailand!

  1. #1
    Senior Member NeedHoliday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,105

    NETFLIX officially live in Thailand!

    You can now get Netflix properly without any hacks/patches/workaround etc. My Apple TV is on a UK account so it comes up as 5.99/month, but sounds like it will 280B/month if you have a Thailand based account.

    Prepare for mass slowdowns if it catches on here (not sure if they have local content or not).

  2. #2
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,153
    I notice that UK gets second tier access to US access.. I wonder how far down the chain Thai access will be..

  3. #3
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,632
    Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    I notice that UK gets second tier access to US access.. I wonder how far down the chain Thai access will be..
    You can easily change the code to US on Apple TV and get US Netflix
    I actually pay for my code 5usd/mo but they have have them out on YouTube also

  4. #4
    Senior Member NeedHoliday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,105
    Just tried streaming HD - no issues on a True 8mbit ADSL. I've got the free month so will see how it goes - definitely lacking a lot of US shows though, but good enough to just find something to binge watch I may not have seen yet.

  5. #5
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,632
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedHoliday View Post
    Just tried streaming HD - no issues on a True 8mbit ADSL. I've got the free month so will see how it goes - definitely lacking a lot of US shows though, but good enough to just find something to binge watch I may not have seen yet.
    But I'd imagine they have all the Netflix content which is enough in itself

  6. #6
    Senior Member NeedHoliday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,105
    Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    But I'd imagine they have all the Netflix content which is enough in itself
    Yeah DareDevil and Jessica Jones are being promoted on various screens - shame as I've seen both already.

  7. #7
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,153
    Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    You can easily change the code to US on Apple TV and get US Netflix
    I actually pay for my code 5usd/mo but they have have them out on YouTube also
    I dont think you will without geo-unlockers..

    Probably different for canada being Region 1 and N America.. Certainly doesnt work that way for UK to USA and expect even harsher for Thai to USA.

  8. #8
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,153
    Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    But I'd imagine they have all the Netflix content which is enough in itself
    I was actually pretty disappointed with UK netflix.. I barely open it even tho I can leech a family member account.

    Loads of things I expected to be there are not (Ray donovan, many many mainstream movies, etc).. When I was in UK last popcorn time was working and it was 1000% better than paid netflix.

  9. #9
    Senior Member NeedHoliday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,105
    Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    I dont think you will without geo-unlockers..

    Probably different for canada being Region 1 and N America.. Certainly doesnt work that way for UK to USA and expect even harsher for Thai to USA.
    I wonder if they've changed with this move to unblock. Doing further searching of the series I'm seeing a hell of a lot of US series (Elementary, Gotham, Arrow, Suits, Brooklyn-Nine-Nine etc) which I didn't expect to be on a UK account. There is also a section "British TV shows" which suggests it knows I'm UK (billing account).

    So if the choice is still based on geo location rather than account billing, either Thailand has a lot better access than UK, or even UK accounts now have better access to US content.

    It's been so long since I tried Netflix UK (as it sucked) I can't recall compare properly.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,490
    Would suggest "Making a Murderer" docu series that was just released before X-mas. Its a good watch.

    Also, if you like the outdoors, "Mile, Mile and a Half"

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Koh Samui
    Posts
    81
    https://play.iflix.com/ Has a free 30 day on at the moment

  12. #12
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,632
    Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    I dont think you will without geo-unlockers..

    Probably different for canada being Region 1 and N America.. Certainly doesnt work that way for UK to USA and expect even harsher for Thai to USA.
    I've seen youtubes to change UK to USA

  13. #13
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,632
    Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    I was actually pretty disappointed with UK netflix.. I barely open it even tho I can leech a family member account.

    Loads of things I expected to be there are not (Ray donovan, many many mainstream movies, etc).. When I was in UK last popcorn time was working and it was 1000% better than paid netflix.
    Ray Donovan is not on Netflix, on Showme or something

  14. #14
    Senior Member NeedHoliday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,105
    Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    Ray Donovan is not on Netflix, on Showme or something
    It's on my Netflix at the moment .

  15. #15
    Senior Member tnlawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    2,660
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedHoliday View Post
    It's on my Netflix at the moment .
    Wow...that's a Showtime show and it's still ongoing. Surprised they would allow Netflix to carry it.
    Get out there in the game, don't sit up in the bleachers. That is the philosophy of pimps and preachers.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Waharoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    6,207
    Ray Donovan is on Sky Atlantic in the UK as well.

  17. #17
    Senior Member briofoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by tnlawyer View Post
    Wow...that's a Showtime show and it's still ongoing. Surprised they would allow Netflix to carry it.
    So who is Netflix? A Universal Company? And Showtime, Fox? 280Bt a month seems OK.

  18. #18
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,632
    Quote Originally Posted by briofoz View Post
    So who is Netflix? A Universal Company? And Showtime, Fox? 280Bt a month seems OK.
    Just its own company that has deals with all types of networks.
    Just that certain shows are now on certain Steaming services.
    In Canada Ray Donovan is on Showmi.

    Netflix has really good original content.
    House of Cards
    Narcos
    Bloodlines
    Making a Murderer

    And a bunch more

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •