Thread: Android Car Stereo

Android Car Stereo

Anyone got one, or used one before? To me looks a better option than available in a lot of the stores here as so much more potential functionality. Did see one Android one here but was 20k+ THB , whereas these on ebay look much much cheaper

Bit dubious about going for some of these Chinese makes which have never heard of before......although the treadmill is a Chinese special from Tesco here and still going strong 3 yrs later

Android Car Stereo | eBay

Any advice appreciated! Would i get clobbered with import taxes using Ebay ???

I have been trying to pull the trigger on this for a year.. And every time I come to some roadblock and reason to wait..

A lot of the chinese ones you can get are junk quality.

Even the good ones, seem to take a long boot time.. The get in the car and music / media starts is 20 - 30 seconds.. why can my phone hibernate and wake but not my stereo..

The first ones I looked at were dual WinCE and Android to compensate for this.. most sources were on the winCe and the 'android' source booted and then was selected.. That stopped me then.

The last time I looked the USB wasnt a hub, so you could only have one camera (and one media source IIRC) the dealer told me hub USB ones were coming in a short while.. The advantage of multiple USB drive sources and multiple accident cameras wired in seemed worth waiting..

https://www.eonon.com/

Those seem some of the better ones but theres huge discussions on XDA. I personally lean to one without a DVD and without buttons.. Like

https://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Androi...S/GA5153W.html

Cheers Lil, that site doesnt look bad actually....it says shipping to Thailand only $9.90 which is much cheaper than most of those on Ebay!

Would I get clobbered with import tax on that? If so any idea how much?

if from china often not.. If from the USA usually will.. 37%

I usually use shipito remailer for Thailand (from USA).. Have them remove all valuation docs and send it usps value 20 usd.. works 90% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    if from china often not.. If from the USA usually will.. 37%

I usually use shipito remailer for Thailand (from USA).. Have them remove all valuation docs and send it usps value 20 usd.. works 90% of the time.
    Noticed they have a UK site too so was looking at this one Eonon UK -2-DIN Android 4.4.4 Quad-Core 7? Multimedia Car GPS + HD Backup CameraC1501P

Will just get it posted in UK and brought out here in April.....rather that than gamble on a Chinese one!...cheers!