Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By LivinLOS
  • 1 Post By Waharoa
  • 1 Post By BroTiger

Thread: VR.. Occulus

VR.. Occulus

Anyone had a demo on a high end system yet ??

Dont mean like the google cardboard or any of the phone holder systems.. but an Occulus or other demo system ??

The Inside Story of How Oculus Cracked the Impossible Design of VR | WIRED

Have to admit getting very keen to have a try and see what kind of content there is.. What kind of opportunities and profits will these interfaces lead to.

HTC Vive review: This is VR the way we always imagined it

Seriously itching for a go on these.. Of course now we have not only PS4 v xbox one v mega game pc we also have the vive / occulus / PSVR incompatibilities !!!

I have used them and some other ones that are coming down the road. It is moving to a whole new level.

But without a cuff for your unit, how are you going to properly run the Kate Hudson program?

Japan.. Stahp !!

Considering this is baby steps and system 1.0..

Give this 5 - 10 years and it will be INSANE..

I can feel a splurge coming on.. Is there places you can go to test trial the different systems in the UK ??
    Waharoa likes this.

Even more scary is that the girl playing with the dog is an AI herself!

As every day goes past, I become more convinced that we MUST be living in a virtual reality already.... it does't make sense that we are not? Surely if you worked out the odds ... virtual reality or reality... given that there is only one reality yet possibly billions of virtual realities... then what are the chances we live in a reality now?
    Last edited by Waharoa; 9th April 2016 at 17:39.
    LivinLOS likes this.

Fairly impressive tech for a starter system. Graphics and sound still have a (long) ways to go for a more immersive experience. What about smell and taste? Much farther out.

I think I'll stick with actual reality. I've been mountain climbing on 14,000 ft peaks as well as scuba diving in some amazingly beautiful places, and nothing beats the real thing. VR for the time being is best suited to fantasy gaming.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post
    Even more scary is that the girl playing with the dog is an AI herself!

As every day goes past, I become more convinced that we MUST be living in a virtual reality already.... it does't make sense that we are not? Surely if you worked out the odds ... virtual reality or reality... given that there is only one reality yet possibly billions of virtual realities... then what are the chances we live in a reality now?
    As an adjunct to this.... is there even a reality at all? Are ALL realities virtual? Multi-verses or embedded parallel universes... could virtual reality be a natural reality? Just because it is organic doesn't mean it couldn't have been re-created... and those virtual realities full of AIs (us) making virtual realities within virtual realities.... like Inception... but without dreams...

As an adjunct to this.... is there even a reality at all? Are ALL realities virtual? Multi-verses or embedded parallel universes... could virtual reality be a natural reality? Just because it is organic doesn't mean it couldn't have been re-created... and those virtual realities full of AIs (us) making virtual realities within virtual realities.... like Inception... but without dreams...
    lay off the brown acid..

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    lay off the brown acid..
    But it's ok when Hawking says it... 55

55... Then put down the crack pipe.

Ahhh, the idea of a multiverse can be compelling. My favorite take on this is by Michael Moorcock, known for his stories of the Eternal Champion as well as musical collaboration with Hawkwind and Blue Öyster Cult. And there shall my notions of parallel universes remain – the stuff of imaginative fantasy.
    When Steven Hawking speaks of these things, he is referring to mathematical constructs that are some of many different ways of trying to understand the origins of the physical universe that we inhabit. Generally speaking, at the macro level our space is orthogonal (as in dot product of zero) to other possible universes. Or in lay terms, there's no way of getting there from here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Waharoa likes this.

Well timed..

Are We Living in a Computer Simulation? - Scientific American

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    A brown acid convention.... 55. Though I think it's likely AIs doing the simulating rather than any sentient being...

Yet proving the opposite—that the universe is real—might be harder. “You’re not going to get proof that we’re not in a simulation, because any evidence that we get could be simulated,” Chalmers said.