Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By marc26
  • 1 Post By Homer

Thread: Headphone Recommendations?

Headphone Recommendations?

6 Great New Wireless Headphones That Deliver Huge Sound | Rolling Stone

What are you guys using for noise cancelling headphones on your plane rides? RS lists their high end recommendations. Kinda expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    6 Great New Wireless Headphones That Deliver Huge Sound | Rolling Stone

What are you guys using for noise cancelling headphones on your plane rides? RS lists their high end recommendations. Kinda expensive.
    I use the Bose headphones. My son has Sennheiser. We like both of them.
    Get out there in the game, don't sit up in the bleachers. That is the philosophy of pimps and preachers.

I use Sennheiser too. A good headphone for small money.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

I use Bose

I use Sennheiser. Bose is overpriced for what they deliver in performance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've had the same set of Bose for about 18 years now...they still do the job well but I am sure there would be better ones on the market by now

Bose QC20 in-ear and very happy with them..

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    Bose QC20 in-ear and very happy with them..
    Finally. Someone included a Model number..55

I've been undecided whether to go wireless or not. Wire is good for the plane as you can plug into the Flight Movies. But wires can be a nuisance in a confining space. Your model's not inexpensive either. But you do get what you pay for.

I've been undecided whether to go wireless or not. Wire is good for the plane as you can plug into the Flight Movies. But wires can be a nuisance in a confining space. Your model's not inexpensive either. But you do get what you pay for.
    I choose the in-ear model because if the battery runs out, you can still listen to music. With on-ear you cant... That, and that i cant stand the feeling of wearing something over my ears for too long. Makes my ears feel swampy...
    Not the cheapest, but well worth it..

I thought I already wrote in this?
    Maybe on TD

I have the QC25 Bose
    Love them

My only complaint is the plug-ins cords(the metal part) are fragile and broke off and bent twice on plane with very little movement
    So I might be the new QC ones that are wireless and give Ao the old ones

They

Sennheiser HD 201's.

I dont bother with noise cancelling as it's not worth it and often doesn't work.

The 201's are cheap, have good sound and a 3 metre cord.

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    My only complaint is the plug-ins cords(the metal part) are fragile and broke off and bent twice on plane with very little movement
    So I might be the new QC ones that are wireless and give Ao the old ones
    This has happened with every set of headphones I've owned bar one, the 201's I've had are extremely reliable. I had my first pair for almost 4 years before the plastic coating on the ears started to peel off, that's pretty much the only reason I replaced them and I really couldn't find anything better than another pair of Sennheiser HD 201's for under A$100.
    This post is known by the state of California to potentially contain more than the maximum daily allowance of awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by mjwx View Post
    Sennheiser HD 201's.

I dont bother with noise cancelling as it's not worth it and often doesn't work.

'
    You are outside your mind 555

The NC work incredibly
    Ao absolutely loves them
    My buddy Jim could never sleep on planes until I suggested the QC25, now he does

I can't imagine not having them. It quiets everything down. And that makes things seem calmer
    Robaht likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mjwx View Post
    Sennheiser HD 201's.

The 201's are cheap, have good sound and a 3 metre cord.

This has happened with every set of headphones I've owned bar one, the 201's I've had are extremely reliable. I had my first pair for almost 4 years before the plastic coating on the ears started to peel off, that's pretty much the only reason I replaced them and I really couldn't find anything better than another pair of Sennheiser HD 201's for under A$100.
    I have the Sennheiser HD205's. Comfortable and cheap (Under 30)
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

Whoops...tried to edit to add a link but duplicated the post

I just bought Sennheiser PXC450 Premium headphones.
    Pros: Pretty much blows away anything I've ever used. Comfortable enough to wear for 8 hours no problems, plane noise is completely gone...like 100% gone and as far as sound quality is concerned, while not being an expert, I honestly don't know how they could be improved on.

Cons: Expensive and quite large. I bought them online and didn't realise their size. In saying that, they aren't mega huge, just larger than many other similar headphones although they fold up quite small and flat. The slight size compromise is worth every bit for the quality...

Another bonus was I had frequent flyer points running out, so didn't actually cost me anything.
    Last edited by Homer; 19th June 2016 at 04:40.

I just bought Sennheiser PXC450 Premium headphones.
    Pros: Pretty much blows away anything I've ever used. Comfortable enough to wear for 8 hours no problems, plane noise is completely gone...like 100% gone and as far as sound quality is concerned, while not being an expert, I honestly don't know how they could be improved on.

Cons: Expensive and quite large. I bought them online and didn't realise their size. In saying that, they aren't mega huge, just larger than many other similar headphones although they fold up quite small and flat. The slight size compromise is worth every bit for the quality...

Another bonus was I had frequent flyer points running out, so didn't actually cost me anything.

Review of Sennheiser PXC 450 Headphones - 2016
    tnlawyer likes this.

I have several different pairs of noise canceling, the Bose QC or NC25, the Harmon Kardon's, the Sony something or others, totally recommend getting the NC feature for anybody that travels, it's quite a game changer. Problem seems to be they are a bit fragile, start a minor buzz as they fade which is almost as irritating as the background noise. The Bose are a bit suffocating, the Harmon Kardons were the easiest to sleep with since a bit flatter but a bit heavier, the in-ear noise canceling options such as Bose that I've tried feel a bit too inner ear - but I have a pair of the Bose not noise-cancelling that are awesome, just so old they don't have a microphone for phones etc.

I still haven't found the best solution but am at the moment happy with the Bose25's, just can't lay your head on a pillow which is annoying, no way to just use one earpiece. (Bose25 by the way don't require a battery anymore, a few times I've just forgotten to turn on the feature for whatever reason and they are still good -- but i'm listening mostly to audio books lol).

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    You are outside your mind 555
    Quite Probably, but my hearing is top notch.

Never encountered a pair of NC headphones that cancelled vibration noise.
    This post is known by the state of California to potentially contain more than the maximum daily allowance of awesome.