Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: BBC 3 Now. 'Thailand's Drug Craze'

BBC 3 Now. 'Thailand's Drug Craze'

Just started... about yaba pills and shit.

Stacey dooley though fucking annoying bitch.

K2
    Saw her in Puru last week and meant to watch this one ... yep, likewise wonder how the BBC let her loose in front of the camera!
    Its My Life .....!

Is she that ginger that was in the t shirts etc show ??

Voice like nails on a chalk board.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Is she that ginger that was in the t shirts etc show ??

Voice like nails on a chalk board.
    Yes , her first major break was in "Blood , Sweat and T-Shirts" in 2008 , since then she has done approx. 12 other 'shows' including one about Cambodia.

Also one about tourism in Thailand .

maybe she'd be of more service investigating drug use and homelessness in the major cities of the UK than sensationalising other countries woes

I think she is one of the worst presenters ever for these kind of programs, everything truly shocks her and she asks stupid questions about everything.

That doc should be good for getting new members for the forum...

I would happily boot her in the hole if I ever saw her here

Your typical fkin gobby British cont excuse for a female

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    maybe she'd be of more service investigating drug use and homelessness in the major cities of the UK than sensationalising other countries woes
    She's from Luton as well ... All on her doorstep
    'If it floats, flies or fcuks , it's cheaper to rent"

Surely they should of gone to Patts and interviewed some BGs and LBs would of been much more interesting then.

Must just be me then, but I would....
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they're genuine"

Winston Churchill 1944

Yeah i would, as long as she didn't talk and ask questions 555

It was the usual sensationalist nonsense, I loved the bit where she got turned away from the Bangkok Hilton prison even though she had a letter giving her access - Someone really should have introduced her to the concept of tea money.

I think they do this so people think well it's crap in this country but at least I don't live in Peru/Thailand etc. Hardly a headline - you can get mind altering drugs in Thailand, be still my beating heart.

Quote Originally Posted by dontpanic View Post
    I think they do this so people think well it's crap in this country but at least I don't live in Peru/Thailand etc. Hardly a headline - you can get mind altering drugs in Thailand, be still my beating heart.
    i don't understand the fascination either to report about other countrie's problems

but if you don't think Thailand has a meth problem, you are kidding yourself
    and it is a concern when you have family near it
    LivinLOS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    but if you don't think Thailand has a meth problem, you are , kidding yourself
    and it is a concern when you have family near it
    but this kind of reporting isn't about making people exposed to it aware and to help stamp it out...it wouldn't even be shown in Thailand...its aimed to moralise, sensationalise and sneer at other peoples/country's problems so those in their own country can point their finger at it and feel superior and somewhat more comfortable with their own social shortfalls

I'm not standing up for Thailand here...drugs are a huge problem here...just pointing out exactly who these sorts of programs are aimed at and what response it being illicited
    Last edited by nelsonone; 21st August 2013 at 22:44.

but this kind of reporting isn't about making people exposed to it aware and to help stamp it out...it wouldn't even be shown in Thaioland...its aimed to sensationalise and sneer at other peoples/Country's problems so those in their own country can point their finger at it and feel superior and somewhat more comfortable with their own social shortfalls
    But there is a back fire element to this too. If you're a NOMIS or a young Dan Boy. You'd be phoning your mates to plan the trip

but this kind of reporting isn't about making people exposed to it aware and to help stamp it out...it wouldn't even be shown in Thailand...its aimed to moralise, sensationalise and sneer at other peoples/country's problems so those in their own country can point their finger at it and feel superior and somewhat more comfortable with their own social shortfalls

I'm not standing up for Thailand here...drugs are a huge problem here...just pointing out exactly who these sorts of programs are aimed at and what response it being illicited
    I know what your getting at.. But I am not sure shooting the messenger is the way to feel.

Complaint, however much your seen as a moaner.. Is the first step in creating a recognition of the problem. Thats what I dont get about the head in the sand attitude, or denial of real issues.. If you love something, you should highlight its weaknesses and defend its strengths.. Not the other way around.

Thats how to improve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    But there is a back fire element to this too. If you're a NOMIS or a young Dan Boy. You'd be phoning your mates to plan the trip
    I am sure everyones found themselves buying a chocolate just for the foil wrapper.. But still..

50% !!! Of a School !!!! In the last 3 days !!! I really think that just has to be wrong.

exactly why i wrote that you didn't quote
    don't understand why a Brit or Yank could care that Thailand has a drug problem, unless that would make it dangerous to travel there but their drug problem doesn't really effect the tourists
    Last edited by marc26; 21st August 2013 at 23:08.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast