Page 46 of 82 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
Like Tree389Likes

Thread: TV Series

Anyone watch 24 hours in A&E? Man, every episode is a tear jerker, gets me everytime

Amazing TV though.

Anyone watch this?

Master of None, Master of None (TV Series 2015? ) - IMDb

Downloading now.

Started on Hannibal.. Interesting reboot, love the Lechter elegance in clothing, furnishing, dining etc... And the Actor playing him has a great cold calculating psycho aspect..

The 'empath' guy mildly annoying in being such a sap, like he hasnt got the acting chops to add much other than moody pouting.. But will see where it goes.. Seems like quite smart TV balancing the pair of them. Could have some legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    Anyone watch this?

Master of None, Master of None (TV Series 2015? ) - IMDb

Downloading now.
    Yeah......it's OK
    I get a fee chuckles every epiosde
    Easy watch

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Started on Hannibal.. Interesting reboot, love the Lechter elegance in clothing, furnishing, dining etc... And the Actor playing him has a great cold calculating psycho aspect..

The 'empath' guy mildly annoying in being such a sap, like he hasnt got the acting chops to add much other than moody pouting.. But will see where it goes.. Seems like quite smart TV balancing the pair of them. Could have some legs.
    The first 2 Seasons are very good and stylish, the third kinda lost the plot for me, but still enjoyed all three. Happy viewing LOS.

Anyone who's seen Evil Dead... Ash v. the Evil Dead is a great spinoff show... catches the vibes of the movies and has Bruce Campbell reprising his role of Ash.

Also The Leftovers season 2 blows season 1 out of the water... worth a second look, if you need another show to watch.
    LivinLOS likes this.

Out with a friend last night who is into TV shows like we all are........watches all the current ones, etc..
    And he tells me he never watched Sopranos..............it was one of the weirdest things I ever heard someone say

I was having a beer 2 nights ago with Irish Johny and JIMCA2 in Patts....we were discussing the best ever TV shows...The Wire, Soprano's, Deadwood etc etc and Jim started to talk about Breaking Bad...both IJ and me said we couldn't get into it..its the first time I have ever been in the majority on that show ever....555

The Sopranos hands down best TV show ever. The episode where Adriana gets killed off when Silvio goes picks her up and says hes taking her to see Christopher, the stark snowy scenery when they driving and the slow realisation of what's happening to her... damn best TV ever produced. The Wire is good too, Deadwood so so and Breaking Bad is Meh. Everything else is a disappointment after the Sopranos.

Anyone see or heard about Toast of London? With Matt Berry, the Boss in the IT crowd. A bit of a silly surreal Channel 4 comedy. Is pretty funny but I feel you probably need British sense of humour.

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    Out with a friend last night who is into TV shows like we all are........watches all the current ones, etc..
    And he tells me he never watched Sopranos..............it was one of the weirdest things I ever heard someone say
    Look hugely dated now though.. At the time I watched it (already when it was ending) I dont remember that..

Look hugely dated now though.. At the time I watched it (already when it was ending) I dont remember that..
    Really, how?
    I don't see that at all.

Being from that area(or lived there for 10yrs) the attention to detail is astounding to me .

I still watch it every time it is on

Really, how?
    I don't see that at all.
    Clothing, cars, mobiles, etc etc..

Its a product of the time it was made.. shell suits and guido chains.. etc etc.. Just looks, dunno, dated now to me..

Its a product of the time it was made.. shell suits and guido chains.. etc etc.. Just looks, dunno, dated now to me..
    So that dissaudes you to watch because of that?
    I just look at it as authentic to the time......so don't really think about it
    kris-one likes this.

The Wire and Breaking Bad are tied at the top for me. Next is Sopranos.
    The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

So that dissaudes you to watch because of that?
    I just look at it as authentic to the time......so don't really think about it
    No.. I just mean it looks really dated.. Like its that time.. But first viewings (only 5 or so years ago maybe) I dont remember noticing it.. But put s01 on a few months ago and it was like.. Ohh its the 90s..

The West Wing is also good.

Fargo Season 2 is getting REALLY good! some great characters and superb acting from an eclectic cast.
    nelsonone and Dupree like this.
    I'm gonna make my own thread, with Blackjack and Hookers!

Quote Originally Posted by junkhouse View Post
    The Man in the High Castle (TV Series 2015? ) - IMDb Just seen first episode so far but looks promising.
    Started watching this. I like the premise... but the acting and general editing is a bit b-grade so far...

Last edited by Waharoa; 21st November 2015 at 19:22.

They still dress like that in New Jersey...555
    “Vote for Trump and grab them by the poosy "

PTG
    Started watching Gomorra, really enjoying it even though the subtitles I found are a bit lacking. Pretty gritty Southern Italian crime/mafia stuff. Gomorra - La serie (TV Series 2014? ) - IMDb

Page 46 of 82 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast