Page 53 of 82 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1638
Like Tree389Likes

Thread: TV Series

New Line of Duty starts in 3 mins!
    Yes, nelsonone and sundancekid like this.

First couple of seasons of the original British Shameless some of the best TV ever.
    LivinLOS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    ^ House of Cards has been a little disappointing for me this season...I'm all but done...just 3 eps to go...it is just getting so ridiculously unbelievable and soapy..and it keeps turning back in on itself...I hope it finishes with a bang as much of this season has been a whimper
    Agreed.. The spark seems to be burning a bit dim there..

Hard to put my finger on exactly whats gone weak.. but it isnt a strong season.

Quote Originally Posted by march 26 View Post
    You know what is funny about Shameless? Frank is supposed to be the star and I fast forward through most of his scenes.........I just think the character is so stupid

But I love everyone else..........especially Kev and his wife and the Russian girl
    Absolutely love Kev, the wifey and the Russian rent-a-vagina chick as well. Soon to be married? But, but... Frank is the weakest, most spineless, most cowardly BS character around. And his faux outrages about political correctness kind of exposes the sham for what it is. So let's just disagree on that...

Have deliberately avoided the UK series so far, and waiting for --- and kind of expected --- the US version to wane. Not so much. Currently at 8.7 on IMDB and deservedly so IMO. Looks like a new 2017 season as well.

Funniest show on the planet these days... Oh, and Emmy Rossum beats Olivia Wilde in any conceivable match-up 555...

Quote Originally Posted by sundancekid View Post
    Absolutely love Kev, the wifey and the Russian rent-a-vagina chick as well. Soon to be married? But, but... Frank is the weakest, most spineless, most cowardly BS character around. And his faux outrages about political correctness kind of exposes the sham for what it is. So let's just disagree on that...

Have deliberately avoided the UK series so far, and waiting for --- and kind of expected --- the US version to wane. Not so much. Currently at 8.7 on IMDB and deservedly so IMO. Looks like a new 2017 season as well.

Funniest show on the planet these days... Oh, and Emmy Rossum beats Olivia Wilde in any conceivable match-up 555...
    I take V over either of them!

Re Vinyl.

A bit over the top... with Richie overacting a touch imo

The David Bowie sketch I also found a bit wanting.Attention to detail they should have had the actor shave another 10 kg's and they may have nailed it.

The Ernst character kinda interesting and creepy.....deffo the best so far as reality and music industry goes.

Amazon Renews Bosch for Season 3 Bosch Renewed for Season 3 at Amazon - TV.com

I've just watched the first two episodes of "Follow the Money" an excellent, intelligent Danish financial scandal/conspiracy/crime drama..its very promising...enjoying it mak mak
    sundancekid likes this.

...enjoying it mak mak
    i see you've been to the kamala thai language school 55555555555

I've just watched the first two episodes of "Follow the Money" an excellent, intelligent Danish financial scandal/conspiracy/crime drama..its very promising...enjoying it mak mak
    Agree, a really good series. For some reason, the Brits, Danes and the Swedes are really good at these types crime dramas.
    nelsonone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sundancekid View Post
    Agree, a really good series. For some reason, the Brits, Danes and the Swedes are really good at these types crime dramas.
    yeah..half way though now (5 eps of 10) and its good solid stuff...well paced, good character development and story lines becoming more complex and exciting...

I give it a Chob mak mak...for you Kamala Boy...555

Yes, it's something about the pace... Not too rushed, not too loaded with low-hanging fruits. But not too slow moving either.

Question though: I want to recommend it to another English-speaking friend... but there are two torrents available with two different sets of subtitles. Can I ask which one you watched? Think there's one up to ep 6 right now, whereas the other one (Bedrag) has the full 10. And the subtitles are very different. And I need them as well as Danish mostly sounds like a drunk Norwegian to me 555.

yeah...I'm watching Bedrag...same as you Tom...it has all 10 eps now...but the other one i am assuming has been subtitled for english TV..so I'd say that is the better one..but I think that is only up to ep 6 as you say

This is mine..I am streaming from this site

Watch Bedrag online - Watch Series

So, 15 years after it was first shown on British TV I've re -watched all 10 episodes of Band of Brothers over the past 3 days.
    What a fabulous series it was that stands the test of time. Some great acting performances and SFX that captured the horror so well.
    Clever to see the surviving guys portrayed in the film prefacing each episode, then naming them and showing their closing thoughts right at the end of the final episode.
    Another of Spielberg's finest hours.
    Waharoa, steve w, LivinLOS and 2 others like this.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

i actually prefer z nation(syfi series last year )more than the walking dead,its more real 5555 i mean the characters are more likeable deffo
    Last edited by steve w; 11th April 2016 at 04:33.

Quote Originally Posted by dawsey View Post
    So, 15 years after it was first shown on British TV I've re -watched all 10 episodes of Band of Brothers over the past 3 days.
    What a fabulous series it was that stands the test of time. Some great acting performances and SFX that captured the horror so well.
    Clever to see the surviving guys portrayed in the film prefacing each episode, then naming them and showing their closing thoughts right at the end of the final episode.
    Another of Spielberg's finest hours.
    hell yeah !!!

Absolutely one of the best TV mini series ever made.. hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by steve w View Post
    i actually prefer z nation(syfi series last year )more than the walking dead,its more real 5555 i mean the characters are more likeable deffo
    Watched a fair bit of junk TV this last week or so..

Walking Dead.. Probably one of the west seasons so far and only just managed to force myself through the end of it.. Theres only so many times you can see Rick looking wild eyed desperate and still care..

Spoiler: 
    Plus they got way too happy with the 'fake' deaths making it seem like someone was killed off.. then 2 eps later show it differently and make the miraculous escape.. Cheap tricks dont make for good viewing

Another one which is a bit of pulp brain off fun is black sails.. Best season so far, gone is the cheap exploitative nudity and lower quality writing of the early season 1.. much expanded is the politiking and side swapping, the machiavellian power games.. New additions include Edward Teech, as blackbeard but never called it and a whole new 'team' of a slave island.. Great sets, scenery, ship battles, etc.. And a few hints of a nice dark story ark for old Long John Silver.. Really quite like this even as a bit of silly swashbuckling fare..

Also the writers manage to have the season story, and each episode story, each with a good timing and ark.. Each episode leaving you on a good cliff hanger to immediately fire another one up.. Where I could barely care about walking dead I zipped through this.

Absolutely love WWII series and movies. And agree on Band of Brothers of course. Actually quite enjoyed the X Company series. Season 2 just ended, and half-way through it now. It starts a bit slow in terms of development... and even clicheish in the first season... but some excellent story telling in the later episodes.

Agree on Black Sails as well. The latest season turned out even better than the previous. The build-up in the season finale was just masterful. With that simple dialog... and that intertwining action...

Never ever cared for zombie fiction... and hope I never will.
    dawsey likes this.

^ Hmm I'll give X Company a look over the next few days. Thanks for the heads up.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post

Another one which is a bit of pulp brain off fun is black sails.. Best season so far, gone is the cheap exploitative nudity and lower quality writing of the early season 1.. much expanded is the politiking and side swapping, the machiavellian power games.. New additions include Edward Teech, as blackbeard but never called it and a whole new 'team' of a slave island.. Great sets, scenery, ship battles, etc.. And a few hints of a nice dark story ark for old Long John Silver.. Really quite like this even as a bit of silly swashbuckling fare..

Also the writers manage to have the season story, and each episode story, each with a good timing and ark.. Each episode leaving you on a good cliff hanger to immediately fire another one up.. Where I could barely care about walking dead I zipped through this.
    I kind of liked the cheap nudity 555, but agree that the storylines are much improved. I thought the "trial" of Charles Vain was especially good. "Get on with it motherfucker" was one of the best lines of the season. Is it just me or did they switch Elizabeths?
    Get out there in the game, don't sit up in the bleachers. That is the philosophy of pimps and preachers.

Page 53 of 82 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast