Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1757656667
Results 1,321 to 1,334 of 1334
Like Tree279Likes

Thread: TV Series

Quote Originally Posted by dawsey View Post
    Final episode in series 4 airs on Sunday evening. I'm holding back two episodes and will gorge on 3 hrs worth in one go 555
    Very satisfctory end to Series 4 that tied up many loose ends and leaves a few questions to answer for the next series.
    I'm going to miss Line of Duty until it returns.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

Quote Originally Posted by dawsey View Post
    Very satisfctory end to Series 4 that tied up many loose ends and leaves a few questions to answer for the next series.
    I'm going to miss Line of Duty until it returns.
    Do you not find it too far-fetched though? What I like about some of the Scandi TV series... they are more realistic.. you can imagine them actually happening... whereas Line of Duty is like a fantasy show... lacks believability for me... it's like they have to have as many twists as possible to make it dramatic.. when actually, you don't...

^ Maybe I'm just shallow 555

I like a plot where you are continually guessing whodunnit. Line of Duty ticks the boxes for me, far fetched or not.

I see the writer Jed Mercurio (there's a name for you 55) has been commissioned to deliver two more series. I can't wait.
    Waharoa and sundancekid like this.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

dara and eds road to mandaly on bbc 2,they did not like bangla much 555

Anyone else seen the first episode of Twin Peaks 2017?

That 25 years between series is intoxicating... and so far... reassuringly surreal...

Quote Originally Posted by steve w View Post
    better call saul started today on netflix,
    Finding this a bit slow and don't like the fact they are only releasing one episode a week, isn't the point of Netflix that it's on demand and you can binge or watch back to back episodes if you want. I think had I not watched Breaking Bad I'd have stopped watching Better call Saul by now. Only watched Breaking Bad from January of this year and loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by steve w View Post
    dara and eds road to mandaly on bbc 2,they did not like bangla much 555
    Turned it off, far too many rehearsed lines made to look like on the spot comments, that and they kept pronouncing places wrong. Bad idea bringing up the prostitution scene at that dinner with a lot of upper class Thai's at it including a police colonel!

Binged Season 3 of Bloodline over the weekend. Thought it was just OK. Episode 9 was bizarre.
    nelsonone likes this.
    Get out there in the game, don't sit up in the bleachers. That is the philosophy of pimps and preachers.

^ I've been in two minds as to whether to watch it...I was pretty disappointed in S2 after the wonderful swampy broodiness of S1...it just went over to daytime soapie for me

I'll probably give it a try at some stage...but it might just be with an arched eyebrow
    tnlawyer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    ^ I've been in two minds as to whether to watch it...I was pretty disappointed in S2 after the wonderful swampy broodiness of S1...it just went over to daytime soapie for me

I'll probably give it a try at some stage...but it might just be with an arched eyebrow
    Daytime soapie is probably a good term for it. The direction that some of the characters went in this season was just weird. And not sure if it's just me, but I thought from the beginning that Sally Rayburn (the mom) was the biggest cunt ever. Season 3 just solidified my opinion of her.
    nelsonone likes this.
    Get out there in the game, don't sit up in the bleachers. That is the philosophy of pimps and preachers.

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post

I actually loved Season 2.....I was exhausted watching it, but I thought they portrayed the angst perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by tnlawyer View Post
    Daytime soapie is probably a good term for it. The direction that some of the characters went in this season was just weird. And not sure if it's just me, but I thought from the beginning that Sally Rayburn (the mom) was the biggest cunt ever. Season 3 just solidified my opinion of her.
    Well wouldn't that mean they did a good job then? Because that was what her character was supposed to be

I may start Season 3 tonight

By the way.....

I can never remember what the hell happened in previous seasons and I have to go back and watch a recap before starting a new season.

I think it's the way we watch TV nowadays that it doesn't stay with you as much.

I mean I was like 8 years old when JR got shot in a season cliffhanger and I still remember those seasons but I couldn't tell you a damn thing about what happened in Bloodlines Season 2 555

I think Netflix and PVR's is the reason

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    I actually loved Season 2.....I was exhausted watching it, but I thought they portrayed the angst perfectly
    Said this before, but loved the second season as well. Exhausted is exactly the correct term.

But... I do think you need to be in the "correct" state of mind when watching various series, or movies, or reading books. I tried watching the new Twin Peaks, but just shut it down early. From what I've read, I'm sure I will turn it on again whenever my brain is ready 555. I grew up with the original Twin Peaks and it's up there as one of the greatest series ever made for sure. Right now I've been watching re-runs of the Big Bang Theory before the finale 555. And absolutely love Silicon Valley... There's actually a hot dog not hot dog app available... That's my state of mind these days...
    Last edited by sundancekid; Today at 09:02.

Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1757656667