Page 74 of 75 FirstFirst ... 246472737475 LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 1482
Like Tree335Likes

Thread: TV Series

Quote Originally Posted by dawsey View Post
    ^ Not seen either Nick. I'll put them on the list. I've got Liar Liar to start soon.
    Forget Black Lake... it's just getting sillier and sillier. Unusual for a Scandi film as they are usually pretty believable...

another "Bump for Bill" on a TV series I recommended earlier in the year..."Goliath" starrring Billy Bob Thornton as a burnt out corporate lawyer...and he's in excellent form..sorry, can't be arsed to go back and find my review again but pretty sure you will really enjoy this series if you haven't already seen it Bill...

Goliath (TV Series 2016? ) - IMDb
    billpay likes this.

Great. Your reviews are usually spot on, so I always appreciate any recommendation.
    Also, just finished 'Fearless', a British show....too lazy to write a review, but give it a solid 4 or 4.5 out of 5.
    nelsonone likes this.
    The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

^ Fearless is one I enjoyed also....Helen McCrory (Mrs Damian Lewis) is superb

just about to start "13 Reasons Why"....I'll report in if it is as good as the reviews

Liar on UK ITV1.
    A 6 part drama about a man accused of rape after a first date.
    Watched the 1st episode and it looks promising. The guy looks totally innocent, but with another 5 hours of viewing it's obviously not so simple.

Nick......don't bother. Too many twists and turns for you.
    Last edited by dawsey; 3rd October 2017 at 04:53.
    Waharoa likes this.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

Liar on UK ITV1.
    A 6 part drama about a man accused of rape after a first date.
    Watched the 1st episode and it looks promising. The guy looks totally innocent, but with another 5 hours of viewing it's obviously not so simple.

Nick......don't bother. Too many twists and turns for you.
    Not for me either. Far too predictable, far fetched even.

Dr Foster..............nice ending. Didn't see that coming.
    Waharoa likes this.

^I think Relic is getting more interesting each episode. A novel way of telling a story...

Dr Foster felt like a chic flick.. even if a TV series... 55

Going to start this tomorrow. There are 18hrs worth of filming over 10 episodes and if its anywhere near as good as World at War I'll be happy.

The first 4 episodes are already on Youtube

Going to start this tomorrow. There are 18hrs worth of filming over 10 episodes and if its anywhere near as good as World at War I'll be happy.

The first 4 episodes are already on Youtube
    It's very good, of course, because it's Ken Burns

And I am enjoying it but it's like going to school
    You have to be mentally into sitting down and watching it
    You can't just pop it on

^ Its very good, but the annoying intro with the credits for the financial supporters of the film in every episode is a pain. Should have been at the end.
    Apart from that, yes it is a bit of a history lesson for me.

I was a teenager growing up in that period and admit to being totally uniformed around the reasons for that war. It also opened my eyes to the problems L B Johnson had making his decisions and despite being told it was a war they couldn't win, still kept sending US troops there. What a waste of life to ensure communism didn't spread into the whole of SE Asia.

Looks really good. Always been a sucker for those high quality war documentaries. There goes another Sunday...

Interesting that you mention when we as teenagers start being more aware of the world around us. Too young to remember the Vietnam war (although my parents were active). Always been interesting in the history in retrospect though. I may have been the only one liking the Apocalypse Now Redux scenes of the French colonialists 555. But for me I started paying attention around the Iran-Contra affair. For some reason that particular case has continued to intrigue me on several levels. Not to mention that I was still in my teens when the cold war was supposedly won 555. Coming to the realization that the world is not black and white or good vs. evil is most certainly a defining moment...
    Last edited by sundancekid; 8th October 2017 at 00:38.

Quote Originally Posted by sundancekid View Post
    Looks really good. Always been a sucker for those high quality war documentaries. There goes another Sunday...

Interesting that you mention when we as teenagers start being more aware of the world around us. Too young to remember the Vietnam war (although my parents were active). Always been interesting in the history in retrospect though. I may have been the only one liking the Apocalypse Now Redux scenes of the French colonialists 555. But for me I started paying attention around the Iran-Contra affair. For some reason that particular case has continued to intrigue me on several levels. Not to mention that I was still in my teens when the cold war was supposedly won 555. Coming to the realization that the world is not black and white or good vs. evil is most certainly a defining moment...
    1st off..you will need more than a Sunday!!
    This fxuker is long as he'll

But, yes, it is good to revisit all these wars and conflicts in which we were fed such propaganda in the US
    Growing up it was strictly we were the good guys and everyone else was bad
    And being young and not that interested I just assumed it was correct.

Looking back at some of the things the US did in Latin America is humbling
    What they did in Panama was something else

^ Its very good, but the annoying intro with the credits for the financial supporters of the film in every episode is a pain. Should have been at the end.
    Apart from that, yes it is a bit of a history lesson for me.

I was a teenager growing up in that period and admit to being totally uniformed around the reasons for that war. It also opened my eyes to the problems L B Johnson had making his decisions and despite being told it was a war they couldn't win, still kept sending US troops there. What a waste of life to ensure communism didn't spread into the whole of SE Asia.
    My takeaway and I guess surprise, is how far back all the conflict in Vietnam went, even before the war
    And also how much it all blended in from WW2, colonial conflicts, Korean War.
    I just thought all those were quite defined eras and not all blending into each other

Quote Originally Posted by sundancekid View Post

Looking back.....colonialism was obviously a shit thing
    But as LIL always argued....they did bring a lot of the countries alos

But even with all that.......colonialism still fascinates me and I would have loved to be in one of those places back then

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    My takeaway and I guess surprise, is how far back all the conflict in Vietnam went, even before the war
    And also how much it all blended in from WW2, colonial conflicts, Korean War.
    I just thought all those were quite defined eras and not all blending into each other
    Yep, really interesting stuff I knew nothing about. You are never too old to learn. Its a really well put together series.

It would be great to include stuff like this in schools as modern history instead of stuff back in the middle ages nobody is interested in.
    Kids should know what was happening in the 1900's.

@SDK.........There are 10 episodes , all 1hr 40 mins or longer and 18hrs in total. I managed 3 in row but had to quit 555

Yep, really interesting stuff I knew nothing about. You are never too old to learn. Its a really well put together series.

It would be great to include stuff like this in schools as modern history instead of stuff back in the middle ages nobody is interested in.
    Kids should know what was happening in the 1900's.

@SDK.........There are 10 episodes , all 1hr 40 mins or longer and 18hrs in total. I managed 3 in row but had to quit 555
    This series could be a University class in itself

You play an episode them discuss next class

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    This series could be a University class in itself

You play an episode them discuss next class
    Very true, every episode is an education.
    I never realised Nixon was such a cnut to dissuade the S Vietnamese away from the negotiating table to strengthen his election campaign. More unneccessary US lives lost because of him. Lying corrupt bastard.
    The demonstrations were an eye opener, worldwide too.

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post

There is also a movie called Suburra (Samurai in Italian) which is the same genre....if you like it you should like Gomorrah

Suburra (2015) - IMDb
    OK so the much anticpated (by me...555) TV Series of Suburra from Netflix has just been released...all 10 eps all at once...it is marketed as a "prequel" to the movie but follows similar plotlines, themes (the power play between mafia, politics and religion...set in Rome) and characters...only played by different people in many instances

I have only watched the first 2 eps but it is very good so far...I'd advise watching the TV Series before the Movie as it unravels at a much slower pace, is more complex and would make more sense...

a lot of the seeds available are in Italian so be careful when downloading...unfortunately a lot are dubbed into english rather than subtitled too but I have been watching streams and searching for the eps with subs..I like it way better than the dubbed ones

Suburra: la serie (TV Series 2017) - IMDb

The first few episodes of The Deuce are quite promising...

@SDK......I think it was you that put me onto X Camp ?
    Series 3 is now out if you didn't know.

Page 74 of 75 FirstFirst ... 246472737475 LastLast