Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2565737475
Results 1,481 to 1,499 of 1499
Like Tree345Likes

Thread: TV Series

Finished watching all the episodes of The Vietnam War by Ken Burns.

It's "must see" tv. Not only a history lesson, it helps understand how the USA got involved, the decisions taken and how badly LBJ and Nixon came out of it.
    Henry Kissinger may have brokered peace deals, but he was as crooked as Nixon.
    I never realised the amount of demonstrations that took place, not just in the US. Never knew the National Guard opened fire and killed protestors at a university, so much that passed me by as a teenager in the UK.
    Had I been born in the US, I would have been called up too. Id have been 17 in 1967. I tip my hat to those who served, it must have been hell and I'd like to see that Vietnam memorial with the 50,000 names of those who lost their lives.

Catch it if you can...........you won't regret it.
    Last edited by dawsey; 16th October 2017 at 03:39. Reason: corrected shite spelling
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post
    The first few episodes of The Deuce are quite promising...
    Yeah, really enjoying that show.

Mindhunter (TV Series 2017? ) - IMDb Only one episode in but very good so far.

Quote Originally Posted by junkhouse View Post

Mindhunter (TV Series 2017? ) - IMDb Only one episode in but very good so far.
    Quite possibly the tv-show of the year for me, slow paced and thoughtful with a great cast and storyline.

How can we get ahead of crazy if we don't know how crazy thinks?

If you're looking for a show to binge, this is it.
    Waharoa likes this.

Bloodlines last few episodes and end of the series were horrendous

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    Bloodlines last few episodes and end of the series were horrendous
    Agree. They were rapidly just trying to get it over with and fill the time with whatever. Disappointing.

I have finished Season 1 of Gomorrah and am into Season 2. Pretty good series.
    nelsonone likes this.
    Get out there in the game, don't sit up in the bleachers. That is the philosophy of pimps and preachers.

I just finished Goliath, and give it about 4 or 4.5 out of 5. Big plus on filming of location. Know that area well,.....lived near there many years ago. Thought most of it quite believable.....just one or two things left me scratching my head. Overall, highly recommended. Watches the final 4 episodes in one day.
    Thanks Nels.
    nelsonone likes this.
    The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by billpay View Post
    I just finished Goliath, and give it about 4 or 4.5 out of 5. Big plus on filming of location. Know that area well,.....lived near there many years ago. Thought most of it quite believable.....just one or two things left me scratching my head. Overall, highly recommended. Watches the final 4 episodes in one day.
    Thanks Nels.
    Goliath was freaking awesome.
    Get out there in the game, don't sit up in the bleachers. That is the philosophy of pimps and preachers.

Think I'll do Goliath and Mindhunter next then. Thanks for the recommendations.

Just did a rerun of Person of Interest... and it still holds up. Massively so. From Jonathan Nolan who was also involved in Westworld, Interstellar, The Dark Knight Rises, The Dark Knight, The Prestige and Memento. Checks all my boxes easily. Of course I'm a sucker for anything AI and futuristic. And since I'm also an IMDB score whore... the 5 season finales all had a rating between 9.7 and 9.9. Might possibly have been manipulated by an AI though 555.

Looking mostly forward Stranger Things season 2 on Oct 27. Most certainly a rehash of season 1 next week...
    Last edited by sundancekid; 19th October 2017 at 23:26.
    Waharoa likes this.

The two girls kept me interested in Person of Interest... but as for the show itself... I thought it became a bit ho-hum after the first few seasons which were excellent...

Quote Originally Posted by tnlawyer View Post
    Agree. They were rapidly just trying to get it over with and fill the time with whatever. Disappointing.

I have finished Season 1 of Gomorrah and am into Season 2. Pretty good series.
    So I just finished Season 2 of Gomorrah. Really, really good. I thought that might be the end, but looks like season 3 is coming soon. Hopefully it's out on Netflix soon as well.
    nelsonone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post
    The first few episodes of The Deuce are quite promising...
    It just didn't compel me to watch any more
    I liked the visual of old times Times Square but the 2 twins things was too hoxy for me
    And I just don't like Maggie Gyllenhal in most things she does

I stopped watching

I like Maggie... which helps. Ever since she played "The Secretary" I've been hooked... 55

Plus I like that Ukrainian girl who plays Franco's girlfriend...

It just didn't compel me to watch any more
    I liked the visual of old times Times Square but the 2 twins things was too hoxy for me
    And I just don't like Maggie Gyllenhal in most things she does

I stopped watching
    At first I didn't like the twin concept, but quickly got over it.....and I'm glad I did. Just finished the series last night and really enjoyed it.
    Give it another try, you won't be disappointed.
    Waharoa likes this.
    The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Finished the first season of The Punisher on Netflix. Lots of blood and some scenes were pretty gory. I thought it was well done.
    billpay likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sundancekid View Post

Looking mostly forward Stranger Things season 2 on Oct 27. Most certainly a rehash of season 1 next week...
    Watched both seasons now... it's not bad. Would have loved it as a teenager... must be one of the best kids series ever made... sort of a vanilla Twin Peaks...

Quote Originally Posted by tnlawyer View Post
    Finished the first season of The Punisher on Netflix. Lots of blood and some scenes were pretty gory. I thought it was well done.
    I've heard it's really good and I really like that actor in everything he does

Will watch a bit over the weekend

I've heard it's really good and I really like that actor in everything he does

Will watch a bit over the weekend
    I thought he played the role perfectly.

^ John Bernthal...he has a small but pivotal role in "Wind River" as well...

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    OK so the much anticpated (by me...555) TV Series of Suburra from Netflix has just been released...all 10 eps all at once...it is marketed as a "prequel" to the movie but follows similar plotlines, themes (the power play between mafia, politics and religion...set in Rome) and characters...only played by different people in many instances

I have only watched the first 2 eps but it is very good so far...I'd advise watching the TV Series before the Movie as it unravels at a much slower pace, is more complex and would make more sense...

a lot of the seeds available are in Italian so be careful when downloading...unfortunately a lot are dubbed into english rather than subtitled too but I have been watching streams and searching for the eps with subs..I like it way better than the dubbed ones

Suburra: la serie (TV Series 2017) - IMDb
    The Netflix version is dubbed mostly
    Totally ruins it for me

Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2565737475