Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2868767778
Results 1,541 to 1,548 of 1548
Like Tree363Likes

Thread: TV Series

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    I hated the name..McMafia....still do...but it was a standout series with a well thought out (if a little cliched) storyline, complex(-ish for a TV crime show) dialogue, interesting interplay/intertwined characters nicely developed, snappy (enough) plot and pacing, and it is well cast/acted...as DP says it comes alive in locations...especially (for me) outside of deary old London...the Israel, Mumbai, Mediterranean and Russian scenes in particular gave it a depth and gravitas (I am talking international Bond like here) which it would have lacked without them...I hope it gets a new season..its certainly sets itself up for one with the crowning of the new "king"...
    Like I said before, I am an absolute sucker for any movie/show that takes place all over the globe

Quote Originally Posted by dawsey View Post
    Whenever that [Castle] comes on my TV I make an excuse to go out. Awful programme.
    I have no problems with that 555. But sometimes we all do crave silly, goofy stuff that is dumbed down. Part of my guity pleasure list that I'm sure we all have. I still enjoy the A-Team and MacGyver. The original of course...
    Waharoa likes this.

Really enjoyed McMafia. There is a new show on the way The Crossing (TV Series 2018? ) - IMDb "The Crossing", just seen the pilot which is very promising, looking forward to it continuing.

The Detour (TV Series 2016? ) - IMDb "The Detour", great show, proper laugh out loud funny at times. Not new but that just means 2.5 seasons to binge

Quote Originally Posted by tnlawyer View Post
    I find the bi-polar stuff fascinating. Probably because my first wife had it. Claire nails it though.
    Homeland is getting interesting again now we are past that silly redneck stuff. It's almost like it's been written in the last few weeks... the plot is uncanny... is the world of politics so predictable? ..55

Just hope the fascinating plot is not detracted from by focusing too much on Carrie's personal/family issues... in recent shows the balance has been about right...

Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post
    Homeland is getting interesting again now we are past that silly redneck stuff. It's almost like it's been written in the last few weeks... the plot is uncanny... is the world of politics so predictable? ..55

Just hope the fascinating plot is not detracted from by focusing too much on Carrie's personal/family issues... in recent shows the balance has been about right...
    It's a pity that they killed Alex Jones......

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by andmel View Post
    It's a pity that they killed Alex Jones......

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    He's ok, but I thought the whole plot line with him was a waste of space... lazy.

The Terror: about a British expedition to navigate the North West Passage in the 1850's that all goes awry....starring Ciaran Hinds, Jarret Harris, Tobias Menzies and a stellar cast of supporting actors...all brilliant in their individual roles...

its an AMC production and I am pretty sure only 2 of 10 episodes have been aired so far...it really is a beauty thus far
    dawsey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post

Yes those pesky Russians are back in the middle of everything 55.
    Waharoa likes this.
    Get out there in the game, don't sit up in the bleachers. That is the philosophy of pimps and preachers.

Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2868767778