Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3272808182
Results 1,621 to 1,633 of 1633
Like Tree387Likes

Thread: TV Series

  1. #1621
    Senior Member Dupree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Frithco
    Posts
    3,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post
    Yes I do. Fuck off back to the anti-Trump thread... 55

    There is nothing contrary about what I wrote. I just have a different perspective on things to you guys... then again I bet there are other BMs on here that probably like similar stuff to me, but don't post about it... not everybody has to love Narcos... it's ok... not sure what you guys like so much about it.. apart from the guy who plays Escobar the acting is pretty ropey.... and even real life has humour now and then.. 55
    So they're ashamed of having similar tastes as you? 555
    Waharoa likes this.
    “Vote for Trump and grab them by the poosy "

  2. #1622
    Senior Member Waharoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    So they're ashamed of having similar tastes as you? 555
    I like humour like that.... 55
    Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. It is the opium of the people.

  3. #1623
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post
    Nah... I'm just not as easily pleased as you.... 55
    Wait, did you just call me an idiot???

    I'm telling DK!!

  4. #1624
    Senior Member Waharoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,923
    Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    Wait, did you just call me an idiot???

    I'm telling DK!!
    Idiot is too harsh... gormless... yeah I like gormless.. 55

    What about SDK? He is bit more discerning.... I bet he could take or leave Narcos... 55
    Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. It is the opium of the people.

  5. #1625
    Senior Member slampay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post
    Idiot is too harsh... gormless... yeah I like gormless.. 55

    What about SDK? He is bit more discerning.... I bet he could take or leave Narcos... 55
    Maybe because that storylines have actually effected us as a country? We have read and watched the news about the cartels daily, going back to our youth. At least in my lifetime.

    And btw, if I was around a person who used the word 'gormless' in the same room as me, I was in the wrong room. 55
    Last edited by slampay; 29th November 2018 at 03:23.
    A woman won The Nobel Peace Prize? Must have been a pretty good sandwich.

  6. #1626
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,104
    Quote Originally Posted by slampay View Post
    And btw, if I was around a person who used the word 'gormless' in the same room as me, I was in the wrong room. 55
    We would just give the nerd wedgies 5555

  7. #1627
    Senior Member Waharoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,923
    Quote Originally Posted by slampay View Post
    Maybe because that storylines have actually effected us as a country? We have read and watched the news about the cartels daily, going back to our youth. At least in my lifetime.

    And btw, if I was around a person who used the word 'gormless' in the same room as me, I was in the wrong room. 55
    I love the word gormless... 55

    The only reason I am still watching is because it is based on the life of a real person I have an interest in... otherwise I would have stopped after 10 minutes...

    Though yeah I can see how the topic would be of greater interest to you. I've watched some awful shows because I like the subject matter.. so fair dues...

    Think this guy sees Narcos the same way I do. Though I disagree with the subtitles part.. I don't mind that, but the show itself is very dry....
    Last edited by Waharoa; 30th November 2018 at 00:53.
    Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. It is the opium of the people.

  8. #1628
    Super Moderator dawsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,159
    Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    The only thing that sucks about a show like Narcos Mexico is that it's so fxuking good it's hard to find another series that can keep my interest for some time after finishing Narcos
    Finished Narcos Mexico today and have to agree. This was television at its best. This show could run and run its that good.
    I'm guessing El Chapo will come to the fore in the next series.

    I can hardly own up to this, but I watched another series to one episode from the end.
    Manifest. It had all the makings of a decent watch but it was shite. But I stuck with it and it wouldn't surprise me if another series is made.
    For some reason, got to wait until Jan 7th for the finale of season 1.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

    AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

  9. #1629
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,051
    "Scandi humour" - an oxymoron!
    Last edited by Evilbaz; 7th December 2018 at 09:53.
    Sipping from the Fountain of Youth that is Thailand.

  10. #1630
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,104
    I mentioned before but now 6 episodes in....

    The Good Girls Revolt is really good

    Follows female researchers at a national magazine
    The characters are fantastic and the stories are pretty good

    And I can't stress enough how awesome they portray the error
    As goos ad Mad Men in that aspect

    That alone is worth watching it, IMO

  11. #1631
    Senior Member Waharoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,923
    Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    Ray Donovan wasn't that great last season

    The 1st episode of this season was laughably bad last week

    I'm giving it one more chance tonight and if it suxks I am out

    I don't see it getting better though
    Not sure why you have gone off Ray. Doesn't seem any worse or better in the sixth season compared to others... I am glad Abby is dead though she annoyed the fuck out of me.. 55

    Is it because Ray is vulnerable now that you have gone off it? You preferred him when he was unflappable...
    Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. It is the opium of the people.

  12. #1632
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,465
    Would highly recommend “The Last Kingdom” on Netflix. Historical drama set around Alfred the Great and Anglo Saxon dealings with the Danes (Vikings).

    Sort of a Game of Thrones vibe minus the dragons and with some actual historical context, with a lot of fictional license taken.

    3 seasons up on Netflix and kept me interested enough to finish them all in a few weeks.
    dawsey, sundancekid and tnlawyer like this.

  13. #1633
    Senior Member tnlawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    2,558
    Quote Originally Posted by kuhio View Post
    Would highly recommend “The Last Kingdom” on Netflix. Historical drama set around Alfred the Great and Anglo Saxon dealings with the Danes (Vikings).

    Sort of a Game of Thrones vibe minus the dragons and with some actual historical context, with a lot of fictional license taken.

    3 seasons up on Netflix and kept me interested enough to finish them all in a few weeks.
    I’ll have to check it out. I just watched The Outlaw King on Netflix and thought it was good.
    Get out there in the game, don't sit up in the bleachers. That is the philosophy of pimps and preachers.

Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3272808182

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •