Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 1043
Like Tree385Likes

Thread: Movie Reviews

  1. #41
    Senior Member steve w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    wales
    Posts
    645
    i have now seen the new star trek,it's ok but just like a long tv programme ,nothing special 6/10

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    i went to see Mud last night with Matthew McCaunahy and Reese Witherspoon
    i heard it is tremendous

    when i got to the theatre they had a blackout
    but all i hear is good reviews, may go tonight
    Yea looking forward to Mud, looks like a great storyline.

  3. #43
    Senior Member WarProfiteer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,031
    I saw Fast & Furious 6 last night... the action was non-stop and sfx were decent, but it was as if the makers were all channeling Michael Bay. So much over-the-top impossibility that I was half expecting one of their cars to transform into a talking alien robot. And logical time sequences? Nope. Racing two cars across the entire city of London? 3 minutes. Trying to stop an airplane from taking off??? 30 minutes... must've been the longest goddamn runway ever imagined.

    5.5/10 on a good day... worst one in the franchise, imo, and considering the lineage, that's saying a lot... only recommend if you can watch for free and you're bored, or just gay for Vin Diesel & Dwayne Johnson constantly flexing at each other.






    *footnote... I was there because I was gay for the flexing*

  4. #44
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,376
    Quote Originally Posted by WarProfiteer View Post
    I saw Fast & Furious 6 last night... the action was non-stop and sfx were decent, but it was as if the makers were all channeling Michael Bay. So much over-the-top impossibility that I was half expecting one of their cars to transform into a talking alien robot. And logical time sequences? Nope. Racing two cars across the entire city of London? 3 minutes. Trying to stop an airplane from taking off??? 30 minutes... must've been the longest goddamn runway ever imagined.

    5.5/10 on a good day... worst one in the franchise, imo, and considering the lineage, that's saying a lot... only recommend if you can watch for free and you're bored, or just gay for Vin Diesel & Dwayne Johnson constantly flexing at each other.






    *footnote... I was there because I was gay for the flexing*
    i think once you add the Rock to anything, it just ruins it
    horrible actor, horrible

  5. #45
    Senior Member WarProfiteer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,031
    The problems with the film werent anywhere in the realm of Johnson's control... totally a director's and producer's issues. As I said, all the worst parts of Michael Bay were in abundance... the philosophy seeming to be "big action and expensive sfx can overcome any common sense, reason or thinking on the part of the viewer".

  6. #46
    Senior Member nelsonone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,862
    errm Kev...its a Hollywood action blockbuster movie made to sell popcorn + soda...is assumed yer checked yer brain in when buying tickets 555

  7. #47
    Senior Member Dupree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Frithco
    Posts
    3,235
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    errm Kev...its a Hollywood action blockbuster movie made to sell popcorn + soda...is assumed yer checked yer brain in when buying tickets 555
    Are you challenging The Rock's aesthetic?
    LivinLOS likes this.
    ôVote for Trump and grab them by the poosy "

  8. #48
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    Are you challenging The Rock's aesthetic?
    Well his oeuvre does lend itself to a pastiche of work in a similar vein..

  9. #49
    Senior Member sundancekid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    6,142
    Have long realized that certain movies are best watched when in certain moods. Duh! Someone recommended to me The Station Agent awhile back, but I lasted only about 10 minutes the first time around. Gave it another go today, and for whatever reason this was exactly the kind of movie that suited whatever inexplicable mood I was in this morning.

    Impossible to give a review without sounding like a complete bore, but the movie has stayed with me all day, so obviously touched something. Watching movies do seem more and more like match-dating. More of a reflection than a review I guess.
    Last edited by sundancekid; 29th May 2013 at 22:39.

  10. #50
    Senior Member nelsonone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,862
    ^ starring Peter Dinklage...same guy who slayed it in "In Bruges"....he's a great actor...both films are wonderful IMO

  11. #51
    Senior Member Dupree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Frithco
    Posts
    3,235


    Dead Ringer (1964) - IMDb

    Watched this the other day. Very retro...
    ôVote for Trump and grab them by the poosy "

  12. #52
    Senior Member Waharoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    6,061
    Quote Originally Posted by sundancekid View Post
    Have long realized that certain movies are best watched when in certain moods. Duh! Someone recommended to me The Station Agent awhile back, but I lasted only about 10 minutes the first time around. Gave it another go today, and for whatever reason this was exactly the kind of movie that suited whatever inexplicable mood I was in this morning.

    Impossible to give a review without sounding like a complete bore, but the movie has stayed with me all day, so obviously touched something. Watching movies do seem more and more like match-dating. More of a reflection than a review I guess.
    I agree... I had to be in the right mood to watch Shadow Dancer but was well worth it... and do you find on long haul flights on planes, you end up watching movies (and enjoying them!) that you'd never dream of watching at home....

  13. #53
    Senior Member Robaht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    598
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbsy View Post
    Django Unchained was ace - Tarantino back on form.
    I wasn't intrigued by the 1 sentence summary on the plane, but remembered the Hobbsy thumbs up -- glad I did, awesome movie! Lots of juicy blood lol just splattering everywhere!
    Last edited by Robaht; 21st June 2013 at 20:38.

  14. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    57
    Here is the film review thread from our forum,approaching 15000 views and some excellent write ups and also shows you how to watch online for free,often without the need to download

    Downloaded any good Films ?


    Enjoy

  15. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    57
    This is my fav site to watch films online


    Watch Movies Online for Free - Viooz

    10 from 10

  16. #56
    Senior Member WarProfiteer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,031
    Went to see World War Z with the she-wok. It's pretty much your standard zombie flick, but with decent action and really good acting by Brad (so many ways he could've done it wrong, but he shined in a downplayed kind of way). I'd give it 6... worthy of spending a bored afternoon to see, but I wouldnt break a leg to get there.

    Still no one saw the man of steel?

  17. #57
    Senior Member Hobbsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Phuket
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    ^ starring Peter Dinklage...same guy who slayed it in "In Bruges"....he's a great actor...both films are wonderful IMO
    Peter Dinklage wasn't in 'In Bruges'.

    Dwarfist!
    I'm gonna make my own thread, with Blackjack and Hookers!

  18. #58
    Senior Member billpay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,016
    I saw Man of Steel last week and liked it, but didn't love it. I enjoyed the first half much more than the second.
    Maybe a 7 out of 10 at the most.

  19. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by billpay View Post
    I saw Man of Steel last week and liked it, but didn't love it. I enjoyed the first half much more than the second.
    Maybe a 7 out of 10 at the most.
    Yep same for me, first half way better than second, still had a good time.

  20. #60
    Senior Member nelsonone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,862
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbsy View Post

    Dwarfist!
    ah...they all look the same to me...Tyrion, Jimmy, Bieber...the lot....555

Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •