Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree385Likes

Thread: Movie Reviews

i have now seen the new star trek,it's ok but just like a long tv programme ,nothing special 6/10

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    i went to see Mud last night with Matthew McCaunahy and Reese Witherspoon
    i heard it is tremendous

when i got to the theatre they had a blackout
    but all i hear is good reviews, may go tonight
    Yea looking forward to Mud, looks like a great storyline.

I saw Fast & Furious 6 last night... the action was non-stop and sfx were decent, but it was as if the makers were all channeling Michael Bay. So much over-the-top impossibility that I was half expecting one of their cars to transform into a talking alien robot. And logical time sequences? Nope. Racing two cars across the entire city of London? 3 minutes. Trying to stop an airplane from taking off??? 30 minutes... must've been the longest goddamn runway ever imagined.

5.5/10 on a good day... worst one in the franchise, imo, and considering the lineage, that's saying a lot... only recommend if you can watch for free and you're bored, or just gay for Vin Diesel & Dwayne Johnson constantly flexing at each other.

*footnote... I was there because I was gay for the flexing*

Quote Originally Posted by WarProfiteer View Post
    I saw Fast & Furious 6 last night... the action was non-stop and sfx were decent, but it was as if the makers were all channeling Michael Bay. So much over-the-top impossibility that I was half expecting one of their cars to transform into a talking alien robot. And logical time sequences? Nope. Racing two cars across the entire city of London? 3 minutes. Trying to stop an airplane from taking off??? 30 minutes... must've been the longest goddamn runway ever imagined.

5.5/10 on a good day... worst one in the franchise, imo, and considering the lineage, that's saying a lot... only recommend if you can watch for free and you're bored, or just gay for Vin Diesel & Dwayne Johnson constantly flexing at each other.

*footnote... I was there because I was gay for the flexing*
    i think once you add the Rock to anything, it just ruins it
    horrible actor, horrible

The problems with the film werent anywhere in the realm of Johnson's control... totally a director's and producer's issues. As I said, all the worst parts of Michael Bay were in abundance... the philosophy seeming to be "big action and expensive sfx can overcome any common sense, reason or thinking on the part of the viewer".

errm Kev...its a Hollywood action blockbuster movie made to sell popcorn + soda...is assumed yer checked yer brain in when buying tickets 555

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    errm Kev...its a Hollywood action blockbuster movie made to sell popcorn + soda...is assumed yer checked yer brain in when buying tickets 555
    Are you challenging The Rock's aesthetic?
    LivinLOS likes this.
    ôVote for Trump and grab them by the poosy "

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    Are you challenging The Rock's aesthetic?
    Well his oeuvre does lend itself to a pastiche of work in a similar vein..

Have long realized that certain movies are best watched when in certain moods. Duh! Someone recommended to me The Station Agent awhile back, but I lasted only about 10 minutes the first time around. Gave it another go today, and for whatever reason this was exactly the kind of movie that suited whatever inexplicable mood I was in this morning.

Impossible to give a review without sounding like a complete bore, but the movie has stayed with me all day, so obviously touched something. Watching movies do seem more and more like match-dating. More of a reflection than a review I guess.
    Last edited by sundancekid; 29th May 2013 at 22:39.

^ starring Peter Dinklage...same guy who slayed it in "In Bruges"....he's a great actor...both films are wonderful IMO

Dead Ringer (1964) - IMDb

Watched this the other day. Very retro...
    ôVote for Trump and grab them by the poosy "

Quote Originally Posted by sundancekid View Post
    Have long realized that certain movies are best watched when in certain moods. Duh! Someone recommended to me The Station Agent awhile back, but I lasted only about 10 minutes the first time around. Gave it another go today, and for whatever reason this was exactly the kind of movie that suited whatever inexplicable mood I was in this morning.

Impossible to give a review without sounding like a complete bore, but the movie has stayed with me all day, so obviously touched something. Watching movies do seem more and more like match-dating. More of a reflection than a review I guess.
    I agree... I had to be in the right mood to watch Shadow Dancer but was well worth it... and do you find on long haul flights on planes, you end up watching movies (and enjoying them!) that you'd never dream of watching at home....

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbsy View Post
    Django Unchained was ace - Tarantino back on form.
    I wasn't intrigued by the 1 sentence summary on the plane, but remembered the Hobbsy thumbs up -- glad I did, awesome movie! Lots of juicy blood lol just splattering everywhere!
    Last edited by Robaht; 21st June 2013 at 20:38.

Here is the film review thread from our forum,approaching 15000 views and some excellent write ups and also shows you how to watch online for free,often without the need to download

Downloaded any good Films ?

Enjoy

This is my fav site to watch films online

Watch Movies Online for Free - Viooz

10 from 10

Went to see World War Z with the she-wok. It's pretty much your standard zombie flick, but with decent action and really good acting by Brad (so many ways he could've done it wrong, but he shined in a downplayed kind of way). I'd give it 6... worthy of spending a bored afternoon to see, but I wouldnt break a leg to get there.

Still no one saw the man of steel?

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    ^ starring Peter Dinklage...same guy who slayed it in "In Bruges"....he's a great actor...both films are wonderful IMO
    Peter Dinklage wasn't in 'In Bruges'.

Dwarfist!
    I'm gonna make my own thread, with Blackjack and Hookers!

I saw Man of Steel last week and liked it, but didn't love it. I enjoyed the first half much more than the second.
    Maybe a 7 out of 10 at the most.

Quote Originally Posted by billpay View Post
    I saw Man of Steel last week and liked it, but didn't love it. I enjoyed the first half much more than the second.
    Maybe a 7 out of 10 at the most.
    Yep same for me, first half way better than second, still had a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbsy View Post

Dwarfist!
    ah...they all look the same to me...Tyrion, Jimmy, Bieber...the lot....555

Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast