Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
Like Tree385Likes

Thread: Movie Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    It also helped that Emily Ratjakowski was the lead female role 555
    She is very​ easy on the eye!
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

These are all worth a watch:

The Asian Connection (Bit cheesy but good locations)
    When two American robbers, Jack and Sam, embark on a series of heists in Southeast Asia, they run into more trouble than they bargained for when they steal money from a ruthless drug lord. A fight for riches turns into a fight for survival as Jack and Sam become the target of the drug lord and his g
    ang's vengeance.

The London Firm
    British crime thriller. After a job goes wrong, two hitmen wake up drugged in the back of a truck along with the body of their employer who has been brutally murdered. The pair are forced to work together to figure out who set them up while being pursued by a deadly female assassin.

London Has Fallen
    After the death of the British prime minister, the world's most powerful leaders gather in London to pay their respects. Without warning, terrorists unleash a devastating attack that leaves the city in chaos and ruins. Secret Service agent Mike Banning (Gerard Butler) springs into action to bring U.S. President Benjamin Asher (Aaron Eckhart) to safety. When Asher falls into the hands of the sinister organization, it's up to Banning to save his commander in chief from a horrible fate.

Triple 9
    Bullets fly on the Atlanta freeway as armed thieves make their getaway following a bank robbery in broad daylight. Unhappy with the results, ruthless gangster Irina Vlaslov orders the men to pull off another job. One member of the team is Marcus Belmont (Anthony Mackie), a crooked cop who gets saddled with Chris Allen (Casey Affleck), his new but incorruptible police partner. As Belmont and his cohorts lay the groundwork for the heist, they come up with a devious plan to use Allen as their pawn

Waharoa likes this.

The only one I know is London has Fallen which was pretty ordinary... will look out for the others though...
    LivinLOS likes this.

I wasn't going to post about this but I can't help myself.
    About ten days ago I went to see the new Captain America movie.
    I wasn't even going to see it, but I thought 'what the heck'.
    Anyway, I hated it....not just didn't like it, I hated it. Almost walked out 2-3 times.
    How anyone can really watch this crap amazes me. These guys smashing each other (while supposedly being nearly indestructible)...just ludicrous and oh so boring. When is enough 'enough'?
    Biggest wast of time ever
    The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Xmen Apocalypse... it was decent without being great. The Avengers flicks are higher quality these days than the Xmen flicks, imo.

I absolutely preferred this version of Storm. So much better than the American accented Hale Berry. She's African FFS!

Psylocke... mmm... it was good to see the character, but she was always rendered as fairly skinny in the comics, whereas the live action version was a bit big in the hips. Also, the psych knife wasnt a sword or sword-like in length... it was a dagger, like an off-hand weapon. I know I'm nit picking here, just saying that there was no need to make it into a sword.

I absolutely disliked the new Nightcrawler. He was never skinny or nerdy... he was a circus acrobat... ever seen a gymnast with wimpy spaghetti arms? Nope. It takes muscle to do that shit, so although he was never overtly big, he was always shown as physically quite strong for his size. Anorexic Nightcrawler is total fail.

Apocalypse himself was played neither bad nor great... a fair job was done, but I would've liked to see someone with some gravitas play him. Also, he can be nearly any size he wants to be and he usually manifests himself as being much larger than normal humans/mutants so that he stands above them. For the vast majority of this film, he was no taller than any other cast member except Xavier, and that's because Charles was sitting down the whole time. Just sayin... size matters.

Just like last time, Quicksilver has the best sequence of the film. I laughed almost the whole time. I genuinely prefer this version of him over the Avengers version, even though the Avengers one looks more like the comic rendering of him. Not sure why, but the actor playing him in the Xmen series just seems more human, more genuine, multi-layered somehow... where as the other one was kinda flat.

James McAvoy did decent as Charles Xavier, as per usual. Beast had some fun sequences as well. I preferred Rebecca Romain as Mystique, but I'm probably just showing my age there. So glad that by the end of the film she made it back to her proper normal attire.

The story line was OK overall... felt comic-ish, which was fine.

As one would expect, the SFX were where the big money went and it showed. The action sequences definitely looked fantastic. 10 of 10.

Overall, I'd give the film a 6.5 out of 10... it had potential for more, but the whole Xmen franchise is starting to feel a bit worn for me.
    Last edited by WarProfiteer; 25th May 2016 at 11:08.

I've recently become obsessed with Horror Films. And for some reason they help me sleep better..555

Last weekend I watch the The Visit and Insidious 3. I haven't jumped so many times while laying on my couch in a long time watching I3. I'm going to rent I1 this weekend.

The Visit was wacky. 2 kids, who've never met their Grandparents) going to visit their Grandparents for a week. what could go wrong? 555

Waharoa likes this.
    ôVote for Trump and grab them by the poosy "

Just saw "The Nice Guys" and enjoyed it...its quite a PI romp and the chemistry between Gosling and Big Rusty (and I mean BIG...as in who ate all the pies big) is evident with Crowe the strong still one to Gosling's the "killer bee" buzzing around...Gosling's on screen daughter is quite the scene stealer as well...and there is a good cast of cameos from accomplished character actors who keep the movie rolling along at a decent clip

well worth a look if you are interested in some light hearted slightly twisted comedic 70's nostalgia story telling off a Private Investigator base

The Conjuring 2... one normally expects any part 2 to suck, then doubly so for a horror flick. Glad to say in this case my expectations were wrong... this was easily the best horror flick I've watched in many years. The she-wok spent 75% of the film with her scarf over her face. Serious efforts were put into that film. Not even on just a "horror movie scale", I mean on a normal scale, I'd give a strong 7.5... definitely worth taking a date to if ya want to scare the bejeezus out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by WarProfiteer View Post
    The Conjuring 2... one normally expects any part 2 to suck, then doubly so for a horror flick. Glad to say in this case my expectations were wrong... this was easily the best horror flick I've watched in many years. The she-wok spent 75% of the film with her scarf over her face. Serious efforts were put into that film. Not even on just a "horror movie scale", I mean on a normal scale, I'd give a strong 7.5... definitely worth taking a date to if ya want to scare the bejeezus out of them.
    Oh goodie!. I've been watching the trailer. I haven't seen C1. But I guess it wouldn't matter. I notice Patrick Wilson plays lead in Insidious as well.
    ôVote for Trump and grab them by the poosy "

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    Just saw "The Nice Guys" and enjoyed it...its quite a PI romp and the chemistry between Gosling and Big Rusty (and I mean BIG...as in who ate all the pies big) is evident with Crowe the strong still one to Gosling's the "killer bee" buzzing around...Gosling's on screen daughter is quite the scene stealer as well...and there is a good cast of cameos from accomplished character actors who keep the movie rolling along at a decent clip

well worth a look if you are interested in some light hearted slightly twisted comedic 70's nostalgia story telling off a Private Investigator base
    Is this out with a non cam rip now ??

Must have DLed 3 or 4 fakes so far.

Quote Originally Posted by WarProfiteer View Post
    Cheers for the review. I noticed this flicking through the Kodi box last night. I'll take a look now.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Is this out with a non cam rip now ??

Must have DLed 3 or 4 fakes so far.
    Not that I know of...I D/L'ed a cam rip and thought fuck this its on in Chaweng...I'll just go to the cinema...glad I did
    LivinLOS likes this.

Eye in the Sky. A solid 7/10 in my opinion.
    Good cast led by Dame Helen Mirren and Alan Rickman RIP, showing a British government dawdling on making a decision and an American serviceman defying an order from his superior.
    Well filmed, acted and written, its a good way to spend a couple of hours on a decent political drama set in East Africa.

Suicide Squad... it's Xmen level good... not Batman V Superman bad, but not Avengers level great... just... average. Which is highly disappointing considering it's potential.

Margot Robbie steals the show. Deadshot aint really bad at all. Joker takes a good swing, but totally misses. Everyone else, including the antagonist, is boring wallpaper on the plot.

Spoiler: 
    There was a greatly missed opportunity with Jared Leto as the joker. Rather than allowing him a grand entrance when he first appears on screen, they just short of shuffle him into frame with no fanfare. It made zero sense. All this hype about the Joker's big comeback after Ledger... about Leto being so deep into character... but then you basically treat Joker like a weak & unwanted sidekick to the plot? Stupid-stupid-stupid. Such a badly missed opportunity to really re-set the stage.

The villain was just awful. No gettin around it. Flat and undeveloped and as weak as an Adam Sandler character.

Killer Croc... Jesus H, first some 5'10 guy plays the 6'7 Bane, now a 6 footer plays the 7+ foot Croc??? With that budget they should have at least used CGI to make him look bigger than everyone else. But no, he's just an average sized guy bad skin here. Hell, he looked no bigger than Harley fuckin Quinn.

Boomerang guy... umm... why is he even in this film? He plays no part in the plot and has no lines that are even worthy of being paid attention to.

Now on to the good things...

Diablo was done very well. From the actor playing him (looks-wise) to the actual acting within character, he did an amazing job that will be overlooked here by most as Margot Robbie stole the show. I even enjoyed the SFX around this character. Definitely a high point to the film.

Deadshot was done well, but I like an occasional hint of badguy in my badguys. Wil Smith played him like a hero at every turn. The guy's an assassin FFS... he cant be the heart of gold leader AND a cold hard-hearted killer at the same time. The character was sugar coated and basically turned into a good guy. Smith was great in the role, so I blame the writing more than anything. At no point is Deadshot ever really portrayed as the murderous villain he is and therein lies the problem.

Lastly, Margot Robbie was fuckin phenomenal... as in, this is something she should point to and say "Ledger-like performance". She didnt play Harley Quinn, she WAS Harley Quinn. And despite mostly using a baseball bat, she kicked more ass in that film that any of the gun wielding, fire breathing or soul-stealing teammates. Her look was nothing short of absolutely perfect. And her facial expressions, even when in ludicrous situations, were so half-crazy/half-sharp... so spot on to the character... she just mesmerized in her performance. I would (and will) sit through everything bad about that film again, just to see her shine like a badass one more time.

In the end, this should have been a rated R film that really showed how bad the bad guys can be. How ya gonna have a whole crew of evil doers and no one hardly curses? Much less doing anything actually evil or even just mean-spirited...

If you're not into the characters and dont know the backstory, you're probably better off saving your money and waiting for the free download. Nothing wrong with seeing it cheaply in Thailand, but if I paid western prices to see this I would definitely be pissed.

6 of 10 on it's very best day. This should have been a 8 or 9 considering the talent and budget that went into this effort.
    Last edited by WarProfiteer; 6th August 2016 at 01:02.

^I absolutely hated it. My fault....I swore I would not go any any of these again, but did anyway. Just tried to do too many things. All over the place.
    I actually left after about an hour.
    The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

^It wasn't what it could have been, but I still had fun watching it. I would give it 7/10.

Still shovin that shit back to next month..

Fingers crossed it hasnt in any way gone soft or that this is all the good bits.
    junkhouse likes this.

Goldstone (2016) - IMDb
    Worth a look not only for the spectacular Aussie outback scenes but the half decent crime story- 7/10

Couple of good ones I have watched this week (available on extratorrent.cc)

Waharoa likes this.

ok today gene wilder died,list the movies you loved him in ,,,,,stir crazy and the much loved epic blazzing saddles for 2 as well as young frankenstein etc,will be missed
    LivinLOS, tnlawyer and sundancekid like this.

Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast