Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Netflix to take ultrahd mainstream

Netflix to take ultrahd mainstream

Netflix starts 4K TV trial ahead of 2014 rollout- The Inquirer

Been saying for a while, we are going to move to a tv over up distribution method in the next few years, as it becomes less geek and more living room friendly.

K2
    Variety of circumstances have led me to stop watching virtually all broadcast TV - watching what I want, when I want is the way to go, and with net speeds in the UK, no problems with lagginess and drop-outs.

Kinda tempting ...

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/...in-east-london
    Last edited by K2; 5th November 2013 at 12:28.
    Its My Life .....!

Quote Originally Posted by K2 View Post
    Variety of circumstances have led me to stop watching virtually all broadcast TV - watching what I want, when I want is the way to go, and with net speeds in the UK, no problems with lagginess and drop-outs.

Kinda tempting ...

EE switches on 'world's fastest' 300Mbps 4G network in East London- The Inquirer
    for me it's the sports
    that is the only thing keeping me on TV

^ same, the main thing I watch is live football. Other than that it's iplayer, love film, box sets and the odd cheeky download.

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    for me it's the sports
    that is the only thing keeping me on TV
    Quote Originally Posted by kris-one View Post
    ^ same, the main thing I watch is live football. Other than that it's iplayer, love film, box sets and the odd cheeky download.
    I pay for starstreams.. Covers the sports I want to see.. Then again I probably havent used it once in the last month !!

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    I pay for starstreams.. Covers the sports I want to see.. Then again I probably havent used it once in the last month !!
    How did you join?

Unfortunately registration is closed, so please follow us on Twitter/Facebook if you would like a chance to join in the future.

By asking multiple times..

Tho I think you can take their webhost billing dealie and get it.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    i watched about 2 games of different sports a night!!

Saw plenty of 4k and HEVC at IBC this year. Tbh if you are at home watching HD content on a HD TV you are not going to be complaining and yearning for 4k. Not saying it's a gimmick but will not make it's way into the home mass market for a long time yet. Look at 3d that's practically dead in the water.

Yeah I didnt want to get into 3d for the cost, reckon probably good for some gaming but...

Even 1080.. On a screen like 50 inches its hardly a jump.. Its on big screens and projection where that really works great.

I just bought my first flat screen. Samsung 6400. 60" HD and 3D. And wifi , Smart TV and stuff. The 3D is a hoot. I did look at the 4k and it is very expensive and not much product to view to make it worth it. I'll probably be in most of the winter...

That's a hundred ST's in 3D you've missed out on...

It's funny, after about a week the novelty of HD TV wears off... so make sure you switch to SD now and then just to remind yourself why you bought this TV...

Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post

It's funny, after about a week the novelty of HD TV wears off... so make sure you switch to SD now and then just to remind yourself why you bought this TV...
    That's funny. I could say the same thing about BGs. OK 2 weeks..

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    That's funny. I could say the same thing about BGs. OK 2 weeks..
    Told you that you should have rented your tv.... have you got a warrantee? Take it back after a month and say the pic is blurry... they'll upgrade you....

wait
    you mean just regular HD channels or is this some new awesome HD TV?

because you can't compare an HD channel to a non-HD channel
    especially for sports

i'd rather not watch if it is not on HD

wait
    you mean just regular HD channels or is this some new awesome HD TV?

because you can't compare an HD channel to a non-HD channel
    especially for sports

i'd rather not watch if it is not on HD
    Just saying that you take HD for granted when you watch it for a while... its not until you stay somewhere else where there is no HD that you realise how nice it is...

I'm sure the same will happen with Ultra HD.... you watch it enough... and it becomes normal...

Just saying that you take HD for granted when you watch it for a while... its not until you stay somewhere else where there is no HD that you realise how nice it is...

I'm sure the same will happen with Ultra HD.... you watch it enough... and it becomes normal...
    so these guys are talking about something different than the normal HD i have?

so these guys are talking about something different than the normal HD i have?
    Yes.............

What is 4K? Next-generation resolution explained | TV and Home Theater - CNET Reviews

Sort of the same topic, I just bought a new WD TV Live media player. Now the remote control has no volume control which I think is a glaring omission but when I installed the Android App that turns a tablet into a remote control for the box I find that that does have a volume control. WTF for the sake of two more buttons did they not put it on the regular remote ??

But it's a case of diminishing returns and the visual acuity of the eye at the viewing distances commonly used.

Sd to 720 is a huge jump in clarity.. 720 to 1080 is a jump but is most noticeable on a bigger screen sat close.. It's clearly a step up if on projection setups 100 inch or so sat less than 1.5 screen widths away.. But on a 50 inch tv ?? I am guessing on a flat panel tv it's going to be a subtle upgrade. Plus a fair cost for that subtle upgrade.

Told you that you should have rented your tv.... have you got a warrantee? Take it back after a month and say the pic is blurry... they'll upgrade you....
    My eyes are having multiple orgasms....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast