Thread: great NYT article on hip hop/gentrification

great NYT article on hip hop/gentrification

as a lover of hip hop and also living in Brooklyn and working in all those neighborhoods when i'd be the only white person i saw all day, this is a great article

the New York Times just churns out incredible stuff, especially on Sundays

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...r.html?hp&_r=0

^ great article paulie....really enjoyed that

last time I spent any real time in Brooklyn was in the late 80's and TBQH it scared the shite outta me 555....I have a young cousin working as an architect in a large NYC firm and he has made his home in Clifton Hills....he absolutely loves the joint...one day i will get back over and visit him

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    ^ great article paulie....really enjoyed that

last time I spent any real time in Brooklyn was in the late 80's and TBQH it scared the shite outta me 555....I have a young cousin working as an architect in a large NYC firm and he has made his home in Clifton Hills....he absolutely loves the joint...one day i will get back over and visit him
    but as the article suggests, it is not the same Brooklyn you had seen
    the hipsters do really drive me a bit crazy but the alternative was getting killed 555

funny enough i worked in all those bad neigborhoods and seeing a white guy, they just assume you are a cop and leave you alone 555

about 6 months ago i landed at JFK at 6am, had a rental car and with time to kill and just drove around all the parts of Brooklyn i used to live in, was a nice memory trip

Speaking of gentrification..55

Yeah great article. One of my favourite cities. Its a while since I was over there.