Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NeedHoliday

Thread: Jobs (and Steve Wozniak actually comments about it!)

Jobs (and Steve Wozniak actually comments about it!)

https://plus.google.com/+CarmsPerez/posts/GnVTvQNgvpf

Interesting reading Steve Wozniak's comments - shed's some light on the differences in the movie.
    Robaht likes this.

Yeah.. The media loves a cult of celebrity.. And damn the facts.

Thats from someone who was clearly as involved as its possible to be.

Quote Originally Posted by ub2yoo View Post
    Reading through his comments, he's desperately claiming a lot of the fame he didn't get. Understandable, but ...

... it's just how it works, geeky genius without any business acumen, relationship or marketing skills don't get into spotlight.
    All very much agreed.. The world loves a (self promoter) tryer..

But its just the cult of Jobs has made him out to be something of a visionary, self handedly coming up with design ideas and products that changed the world, where reality is pretty different.

He was a great marketer tho.. It amazes me how the brand has held that product loyalty against competition tho.

Customer service counts for a lot.. Acer were superb to me over a netbook and toshiba once totally took on, a job that shouldnt have any warranty (couple of year old, no receipt, in another country for local only warranty) fixed it for free and simply said "remember this next time your shopping for one"..

I never took to apple OS myself (also dont like fanboy passions) but admit its a few generations ago since I tried it.

Ditto with Toshiba, they replaced a failed hard drive with a new one no questions asked and said they would honour the 5 year warranty the new one came with.