Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: Grammy's

  1. #1
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,467

    Grammy's

    What is funny, is i have begun to hate the movie award shows, even though i love movies. They all just seem like blowhards

    But i really love the Grammy's, they always seem to have a good sense of new acts, great older acts and what is relevant

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The cold Wong
    Posts
    1,591
    Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    But i really love the Grammy's,
    Whens it on ? Coz I think I'll need to go and watch some grass grow - or, I'm sure there'll be paint drying somewhere !

  3. #3
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,467
    Quote Originally Posted by obes View Post
    Whens it on ? Coz I think I'll need to go and watch some grass grow - or, I'm sure there'll be paint drying somewhere !
    maybe someday when your daughter is on the Grammy's, you won't think so!!
    let's hope

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The cold Wong
    Posts
    1,591
    Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    maybe someday when your daughter is on the Grammy's, you won't think so!!
    let's hope
    Haha - yeah, lets hope so

    I guess I look at all those types of shows a bit like neighbours and tend to stay well clear - enough drama in the world without having it wrapped in ham !

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    639
    I wonder what have been written in the news if this was Miley


  6. #6
    Senior Member tnlawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    2,629
    I thought the winners were mostly crap. Did enjoy some of the performances though. That Musgraves girl was hot!

  7. #7
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,467
    Quote Originally Posted by tnlawyer View Post
    I thought the winners were mostly crap. Did enjoy some of the performances though. That Musgraves girl was hot!
    she is incredible
    i thought the winners were pretty representative of what went on
    Lordes and Daft Punk were pretty up there all year

  8. #8
    Senior Member nelsonone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,862
    Quote Originally Posted by andmel View Post
    I wonder what have been written in the news if this was Miley
    probably...shit...she's black...she's beautiful....and she's got talent.....555


    meanwhile....Stevie Wonder with Daft Punk, Niles and Pharrel stole the show


  9. #9
    Senior Member tnlawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    2,629
    Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    she is incredible
    i thought the winners were pretty representative of what went on
    Lordes and Daft Punk were pretty up there all year
    That song she performed "Follow Your Arrow" was just awesome. Bucks the Nashville establishment in a way that isn't often successful.

    I don't listen to much new music so was unfamiliar with Lordes and Daft Punk until last night. Wasn't impressed with either. Daft Punk just looked like dorks in Star Wars outfits who pretend to press buttons. I guess I'm turning into the old fart I swore I'd never be. 55

  10. #10
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,153
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    probably...shit...she's black...she's beautiful....and she's got talent.....555


    meanwhile....Stevie Wonder with Daft Punk, Niles and Pharrel stole the show

    Stevies voice broke a few times as he started but just WOW.. He still has such an incredible sound.

    Will be hitting the ipod today for hit greatest hits in the car I think !!

  11. #11
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,153
    Quote Originally Posted by tnlawyer View Post
    I don't listen to much new music so was unfamiliar with Lordes and Daft Punk until last night. Wasn't impressed with either. Daft Punk just looked like dorks in Star Wars outfits who pretend to press buttons. I guess I'm turning into the old fart I swore I'd never be. 55
    The masks has been their schitck since they started years ago.. They are stuck with it now.. If you saw the movie 'tron' (the new one) they were in that as the DJs in the masks (they did the soundtrack) and its inevitable for them now.

    I also get that as producers, they dont make a stage presence.. Much like most EDM now which has really lost its way since jumping the shark and becoming stadium fillers with pre mixed one button sets.

    That said.. Daft Punk really did pioneer a certain flavor and have made some great digital music over the years.

  12. #12
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,467
    Quote Originally Posted by tnlawyer View Post
    I don't listen to much new music so was unfamiliar with Lordes and Daft Punk until last night. Wasn't impressed with either. Daft Punk just looked like dorks in Star Wars outfits who pretend to press buttons. I guess I'm turning into the old fart I swore I'd never be. 55
    it's funny, Ao was asking me who everyone is
    i told her she is now almost 31yrs old and getting up there and if she wanted we could have a weekly sit down so i can keep her up on who is new and hot, this way she can go on Facebook and act like she knows the new stuff and seem younger 555

  13. #13
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,467
    Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Stevies voice broke a few times as he started but just WOW.. He still has such an incredible sound.

    Will be hitting the ipod today for hit greatest hits in the car I think !!
    Stevie in the 70's...yowser
    so fcuking good

  14. #14
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,467
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    probably...shit...she's black...she's beautiful....and she's got talent.....555


    meanwhile....Stevie Wonder with Daft Punk, Niles and Pharrel stole the show

    1st off....i don't think Pharrell gets enough credit at how fcuking good he is. the guy is involved in some major things
    2nd....i love Get Lucky and it is a funny song, because everyone loves it, it makes you want to dance but as you can see by the crowd of seemingly people who have some rhythm.....it is not an easy song to dance to!! 555

  15. #15
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,467
    I though Kendrick Lamar was very good also, although i didn't love his album as much as everyone else did
    i also like McKlemore, although i shut it off when gross out Madonna appeared, she repulses me

  16. #16
    Senior Member nelsonone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,862
    Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    i love Get Lucky and it is a funny song, because everyone loves it, it makes you want to dance but as you can see by the crowd of seemingly people who have some rhythm.....it is not an easy song to dance to!! 555
    it is if you grew up listening to Chic and dancing in the disco era......those are all just old rock turds and country nerds in the audience...watching Steven Tyler giving it a jam roll is totally cringe worthy 555

  17. #17
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,467
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    it is if you grew up listening to Chic and dancing in the disco era......those are all just old rock turds and country nerds in the audience...watching Steven Tyler giving it a jam roll is totally cringe worthy 555
    no, even the younger people weren't exactly balling out!
    it is the best song to vibe out at your table, standing by the bar
    but full out dancing to it is not easy
    well, Matty Damon did a good job 555

    but yes, Paul Mccartney was cringe worthy 555

  18. #18
    Senior Member Hobbsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Phuket
    Posts
    111
    Pharrel wearing that hat for a bet you think?
    I'm gonna make my own thread, with Blackjack and Hookers!

  19. #19
    Senior Member nelsonone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,862
    ^ referencing Malcolm McLaren's Buffalo Girls era iirc....hats by Vivienne Westwood

  20. #20
    Senior Member tnlawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    2,629
    Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    I though Kendrick Lamar was very good also, although i didn't love his album as much as everyone else did
    i also like McKlemore, although i shut it off when gross out Madonna appeared, she repulses me
    There is nothing sexy about a woman old enough to be a grandma walking out on stage in what look like panties. Grody.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •