Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Films that suck... but you watch anyway!

Films that suck... but you watch anyway!

Self explanatory for the most part... movies that are widely considered crap, but for some reason you've seen them multiple times.

For me, the top of the list has to be The 13th Warrior. There are so many reasons to dislike this movie that it doesnt even bear explaining (see whut I did thur?). This is a film that really sucks in all areas of good film making... and yet, I find myself watching it at least once every 3-4 months. Probably seen it no less than 20 times now. It's difficult to make the Conan series look good by comparison, but somehow this movie does just that. Yet somehow, I find myself watching it time and time again. Read the Crichton book several times, which was a simpleton's novel. The movie sucked, but was still better than the book.

Roadhouse... Patrick Swayze could be beat up by an anemic ballet dancer (which is where he got his start), yet somehow I find it difficult to turn this horrid film off when I find it on Tv somewhere. Sam Elliot gives it a little credibility, and it's got Kelly Lynch's rack... but still, this movie would be hard pressed to suck worse. Maybe a dancing number... or a great one-liner like "nobody puts Kelly's tits in a corner".

Red Dawn... film from my youth... I guess I too dreamed of killing Russians and having a purpose to my teenage years. Drama, death and bad acting on all sides... a perfect fit for this thread.

Lastly, it's not what I'd call a bad film, but I find it literally impossible to turn off the film The Breakfast Club. John Hughes film... and all that entails. Still it was a Hallmark film for me. Teenage years encapsulated. Judd Nelson was me, only no paint in the garage.

Anyway, surely I'm not the only one who sometimes likes shit movies... tell me about some of yours...
    Last edited by WarProfiteer; 9th June 2013 at 21:18.

Funny things is, when I read the thread title the first movie that came to mind was Roadhouse. And when you mentioned Red Dawn, yes. Actually watched it again not too long ago, and sad to say it's better than a lot of the other crap released today. Scenes like the prison camp with the dad was painfully bad though.

For some reason I have no problems watching those terrible and extremely goofy 80s movies. Even truly awful ones like Hot Pursuit or Gotcha! And of course the slightly better ones like Spies Like Us. Basically all the Landis, Hughes movies as well as the spin-offs.

Roadhouse
    Starship Troopers
    Wild Things
    The Mummy
    'If it floats, flies or fcuks , it's cheaper to rent"

Oh, good call w/ Starship Troopers...

Team America sprung to mind!!

Lake Placid - about a giant croc ....

Quote Originally Posted by Masterwoodsman View Post
    Team America sprung to mind!!
    The sex scenes were hot ....

Basic Instinct ...

"The Piano"

I love the terribly done flying Piranha movies...55

Star Wars
    Star Trek
    Anything with Star in it.

pretty much every Hollywood blockbuster franchise movie that's shown here..its all we get

I love the cinema and need my weekly (or in this case weakly) fix...so that's my movie diet these days...but I would never have seen anywhere near as many blockbusters at home as i see here...it was mostly european and foreign language films back at home....and I would see just about every movie at the annual film festivals in both Sydney and Wellington

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    pretty much every Hollywood blockbuster franchise movie that's shown here..its all we get

I love the cinema and need my weekly (or in this case weakly) fix...so that's my movie diet these days...but I would never have seen anywhere near as many blockbusters at home as i see here...it was mostly european and foreign language films back at home....and I would see just about every movie at the annual film festivals in both Sydney and Wellington
    Did you happen to watch those Before Sunrise, Before Sunset films with Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy? I though they were entertaining. I just saw the 3rd one, Before Midnight and I think they continued in step with the first two quite well.

The Rock and Con Air
    Stillearly and soupdragon like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    Did you happen to watch those Before Sunrise, Before Sunset films with Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy? I though they were entertaining. I just saw the 3rd one, Before Midnight and I think they continued in step with the first two quite well.
    i saw Before Sunrise maybe 15 years ago? ....a solid romance allegory..well shot...beautiful backdrops of Vienna..more than a few nods to classic 60's French cinema in there

K2
    Anaconda
    Catwoman

Without the leading ladies - would be unwatchable!
    Its My Life .....!

Have just realised I have a Kevin Costner fetish !! Mine are; Waterworld, The Postman, and Tin Cup ! 555
    Pattaya Pattaya - Phuuying love u mak mak

Fast&furious 6
    Riddick

Quote Originally Posted by WarProfiteer View Post
    Oh, good call w/ Starship Troopers...
    I always assumed it was intentionally bad ?? Like b movie schlock..
    soupdragon likes this.

One for me that doesn't suck, but I watch it every time I see it on, is 'Ferris Buehler's Day Off'....never get sick of it.

...oh and of course 'Groundhog Day'

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast