Thread: London 1927

London 1927

Love this colour footage

and there's a load more

BFI Films - YouTube
    'If it floats, flies or fcuks , it's cheaper to rent"

Brilliant ! Thanks for posting the link .

Yes
    Good little vid thanks for posting.

I like the old buses..and the scene where every man has a cap or hat on,the fashion of the day.

It really captures an era gone by.

Wow, brilliant. Reminds me of a time I brought a load of friends over from Florida, most had never been out of America before. Took no notice of potential jet lag, tiredness from travelling 9 hours plus, had arranged for all their luggage to be transported from Heathrow direct to their hotels/accommodation in Cambridgeshire. Took them straight from the airport for a complete tour of London, day and nightlife.

London basically from a buildings perspective has not changed much from the clip shown from 1927, all the buildings are just about as they were then. Yes the vehicles on the road have changed, the peoples clothing has changed due to fashion. I noticed after a while, they all kept touching stuff???? so as I was showing them the tower of London and noticed they were all stroking the walls, I just had to ask why?

Their answer has always stuck with me ' Man, had to touch it, looks exactly the same as in Disney Land, but its real stone!!!!, it is actually hundreds of years old, older than our own country'

Although I was the one who organised that trip it was my best ever. Full on first day in London, couple of days in Cambridgeshire, off to Ireland, Dublin for 3 days golf and fun. 3 days in Aberdeen,Edinburgh and then Glasgow, golf more fun, big fight was a major laugh, my mates picked on some Columbian mafia drug guys!! back to Cambridge then on to Amsterdam for 3 days, last day in London before heading back to Florida and strip searches because of the smell of the coffee shops of Amsterdam!!! oh well now I live here!!!!
    Custard should be a colour...cos I could then paint over the mess I've just made!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Wow, brilliant. Reminds me of a time I brought a load of friends over from Florida, most had never been out of America before. Took no notice of potential jet lag, tiredness from travelling 9 hours plus, had arranged for all their luggage to be transported from Heathrow direct to their hotels/accommodation in Cambridgeshire. Took them straight from the airport for a complete tour of London, day and nightlife.

!!!!
    i actually think London is more hectic than NYC
    not in a bad way, just more hectic