Thread: MP3 Player Recommendations

MP3 Player Recommendations

So I have an iphone 4 (16GB) that I will probably not upgrade for another year or so. Problem is that it doesn't hold much in the way of music with all the apps, pictures, etc that I have on my iphone. Should I buy the 64GB ipod touch to use strictly for storing/listening to music or is there a better product out there? Right now Costco has the 64GB version for $285...by far the cheapest I can find anywhere. Thoughts?

I always liked Creative for MP3 (and many other products).

MP3 Players - Creative Labs (Asia)

Thanks will check those out. The difficult thing for me is now that I've been on Apple products (with the exception of my laptop) and set everything up on iTunes, it's tough to switch.

Quote Originally Posted by tnlawyer View Post
    Thanks will check those out. The difficult thing for me is now that I've been on Apple products (with the exception of my laptop) and set everything up on iTunes, it's tough to switch.
    Actually one of the reasons I liked Creative was I didn't have to use itunes (not an apple fan, I like the option to do what I want not what the software wants me to do 5555). Anyway Creative say this about their players...
    supports audio formats like Free Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC) and iTunes Plus.
    You would have to check if that means they are Apple compatable.

Just to add a little tidbit, Creative sued Apple for IIRC $100 million over patent issues for the ipod.
    Last edited by soupdragon; 28th August 2014 at 05:38.

I agree with going w/ something besides Apple.

OP, You have an iPhone 4? Have u upgraded the O/S to OS 7??? I did, and my iPhone became a brick.... I read on the net that it was common for this to happen... just wondering if you experienced same? Or anyone else for that matter....

I am now the proud owner of an Android Phone, (NEVER used 'em before) and an iPhone 3g (which is still working really well). I have to say, this Android phone puts the 4s to shame... so much faster than the iPhone EVER was, only 8 gig onboard memory, but expandable to 32 gig and it is 4G.... all for the princely sum of 250 AUD.... it has the same warranty as an iPhone as well.

I have had Creative MP3 players in the past, and IMHO, the iPod is streets ahead... The only thing I HATE about iPods, and iPhones for that matter, is iTunes.... it is truly horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    OP, You have an iPhone 4? Have u upgraded the O/S to OS 7??? I did, and my iPhone became a brick.... I read on the net that it was common for this to happen... just wondering if you experienced same? Or anyone else for that matter....

I am now the proud owner of an Android Phone, (NEVER used 'em before) and an iPhone 3g (which is still working really well). I have to say, this Android phone puts the 4s to shame... so much faster than the iPhone EVER was, only 8 gig onboard memory, but expandable to 32 gig and it is 4G.... all for the princely sum of 250 AUD.... it has the same warranty as an iPhone as well.

I have had Creative MP3 players in the past, and IMHO, the iPod is streets ahead... The only thing I HATE about iPods, and iPhones for that matter, is iTunes.... it is truly horrible.
    Yes I have an iPhone 4, and yes I experienced the same problems upgrading to OS 7. It got much better when I deleted a few apps I never use and deleted all of my music....which is why I'm now in the market for an mp3 player.

If I do end up going with the iPod, the next time I upgrade my phone, I may go ahead and make the switch to Android.

depend where u store your music,if using apple for ripping and storing,common sense say IPOD,then uou can transfer your music on the fly and set witch quality you want on your player,would say use 256 acc
    Nobody is a social drinker. Everybody drinks to get drunk. I mean, nobody drinks 10 pints of coke in a night