Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Black open carry

Black open carry

Black Open Carry Protesters Are Marching Against Police Brutality, and the Media Is Silent

Interesting.. However you feel about what gun rights should be in America v what they are.. And however anyone sees of reducing the sheer quantity of guns out there.. this has a very different slant..

Anti gun people will so often say how ridiculous it is in the modern time to use the idea that gun rights restrict government.. The "yeah whats you gun going to do against a jet fighter" type argument.. But in the wake of Newton and so many other issues where white police depts have shot unarmed black kids.. Theres now starting a black open carry movement.

Yet somehow I cant help think this is going to make a lot of pro gun people more nervous ??

^ I like guns.

The thought of anyone and everyone walking around with one scares me a lot and I don't want to be in that area.

^^ I like black people, but thought of a bunch of them scares me alot.

P.s.: this is stupid thread.
    A woman won The Nobel Peace Prize? Must have been a pretty good sandwich.

You focused on the gun part of it but I think the most important issue they touched on was community policing .
    I have a lot of experience in some of the most dangerous ghettos in the US and they need to police themselves better.
    They are absolutely hell holes with more than half the population not having respect for anyone.
    The parents need to learn to raise their kids properly and to act properly in public.

This is not a racist rant that all blacks act like this, far from it.
    But it is shocking how a lot of blacks act in the ghetto.

I remember when I was living in Patong for that year. I flew home with no winter clothes so had to go to the mall in Jersey City to buy some things and not being around these ghetto blacks for so long I forgot how disrespectful they are.

Now don't take this as support for some of these asshole cops but I'd rather bus tables than be a cop in the hood.
    The whole thing is a viscious circle and the cops and the residents all need to do a better job

PS- I am sure it would be the same if we were talking about the southern red neck hoods

Quote Originally Posted by slampay View Post

P.s.: this is stupid thread.
    Sorry why is this stupid ??

I think the part of the constitutional right to own guns to protect against a government or police state gets mocked a lot.. And often semi fairly.. Yet its very clear the race issues surrounding policing is putting many people in these communities as living in a kind of police state and under a kind of oppression.. And hence this kind of open carry, by people who are being harshly policed is in many ways the poster child for that clause.

Yet I have a gut feeling the NRA wont be picking up on this story..

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    Now don't take this as support for some of these asshole cops but I'd rather bus tables than be a cop in the hood.
    The whole thing is a viscious circle and the cops and the residents all need to do a better job

PS- I am sure it would be the same if we were talking about the southern red neck hoods
    But then you come back to much more social issues which get confused into race issues.. Poverty, education, opportunity, crime, etc..

Really? Not the same analogy at all.. having lots of people going around with guns will (more than likely) lead to more shootings and deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Sorry why is this stupid ??

I think the part of the constitutional right to own guns to protect against a government or police state gets mocked a lot.. And often semi fairly.. Yet its very clear the race issues surrounding policing is putting many people in these communities as living in a kind of police state and under a kind of oppression.. And hence this kind of open carry, by people who are being harshly policed is in many ways the poster child for that clause.

Yet I have a gut feeling the NRA wont be picking up on this story..
    You haven't been in these neighborhoods, I wouldn't even come close to saying they areliving under a kind of oppression.
    If anything, they get away with more things than any person would in any other neighborhoods

Quote Originally Posted by PadMC View Post
    Really? Not the same analogy at all.. having lots of people going around with guns will (more than likely) lead to more shootings and deaths.
    It's just another 'gun' thread mixed with race bro, not a chance this ends without miles of bickering and ultimately yank bashing.

Not having a go at you.

Have fun y'all ! 55
    Last edited by slampay; 22nd October 2014 at 07:18.
    PadMC likes this.
    A woman won The Nobel Peace Prize? Must have been a pretty good sandwich.

It's just another 'gun' thread mixed with race bro, not a chance this ends without miles of bickering and ultimately yank bashing.

Not having a go at you.

Have fun y'all ! 55
    If it does I will close it..

But as adults, would be better if we could talk about issues without sounding like idiots, bigots, racists etc.. These are real issues..

I just thought it interesting that whats happening there is one of the main tenets of NRA campaigning.. But I think its also not likely to be as well picked up than say a Clive Bundy militia..
    Waharoa and Dkdude like this.

If we're are talking about guns. I think it should be a lot harder for people to have them.

I would lean strongly to the a lot harder.. And including ongoing proficiency, training, storage etc

But not outright bans..

The bigger issue in the states is the genie is out of the bottle.. Getting rid of them legally simply means honest people cant have them.. Debating the right and wrong of that without seeing the reality of the now, misses the point.
    PadMC and Dkdude like this.

As long as they're obeying the law, I'm all for it.

I'm sure that shocks the shit out of everyone 555
    Last edited by tnlawyer; 22nd October 2014 at 09:11.

Quote Originally Posted by PadMC View Post
    Fucking waste of ammo...
    TLandHim likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tnlawyer View Post
    Fucking waste of ammo...
    And stupid. What goes up, must come down.

At the Parumph, Nevada, fair the other day and admiring the snug fit of the jeans on an attractive 30 year old lady in front of me when TL pointed out she had a Glock on her hip in a holster. Spotted several people with guns on hip.
    Great county fair, full of all the old attractions. Lots of teenagers being teenagers, just how we used to be but no one getting out of control.

If only they had the same standard of behaviour in some of the areas we have mistakenly gone into in Los Angeles, but of course no guns allowed so no one can defend themselves so the scum behave and intimidate as they like.

Black people carrying guns? Why is this even a subject? If they are licensed of course they have the right to self protection, same as white, yellow, brown or freckled.

Quote Originally Posted by TLandHim View Post
    Black people carrying guns? Why is this even a subject? If they are licensed of course they have the right to self protection, same as white, yellow, brown or freckled.
    Maybe I didnt make it clear..

It was the idea that our rights to own guns (american sense) is enshrined partly to protect against government.. And many of the hardest proponents of this who spend big bucks lobbying and campaigning etc would be all over why this is a good thing, if it was a New Mexico farmer.. But somehow I dont see Fox news picking up on this story, or the NRA using it as an example any time soon.

And of course, it goes without saying (it should) that any law abiding responsible person should have precisely the same right..

Quote Originally Posted by TLandHim View Post
    At the Parumph, Nevada, fair the other day and admiring the snug fit of the jeans on an attractive 30 year old lady in front of me when TL pointed out she had a Glock on her hip in a holster. Spotted several people with guns on hip.

And with all those gun toting citizens around, this nut case couldn't find anyone to shoot him. 5555

Nye County officer, suspect swap cars during wild chase | Las Vegas Review-Journal

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Maybe I didnt make it clear..

It was the idea that our rights to own guns (american sense) is enshrined partly to protect against government.. And many of the hardest proponents of this who spend big bucks lobbying and campaigning etc would be all over why this is a good thing, if it was a New Mexico farmer.. But somehow I dont see Fox news picking up on this story, or the NRA using it as an example any time soon.

And of course, it goes without saying (it should) that any law abiding responsible person should have precisely the same right..
    I think that when you'll see FOX news and the NRA become agitated and involved, is when the rights under the 2nd amendment are denied or challenged.

The last "open carry" story that I remember seeing, was about someone in Arizona NOT being allowed (or being discouraged) from openly carrying a firearm.

If arms are carried legally, I don't see it being a story either?

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    The last "open carry" story that I remember seeing, was about someone in Arizona NOT being allowed (or being discouraged) from openly carrying a firearm.
    But how much global play did Clive Bundy get at the start ??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast