Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By PTG
  • 1 Post By Geespot

Thread: Watching Sports etc at Home in Thailand and anywhere !

Watching Sports etc at Home in Thailand and anywhere !

Well I have 365Sports.tv and am pretty happy with it, buffers nicely on Windows, doesn't buffer on Android,
    10 channels, 4-5 HD, the other SD including the Golf matches so you cant see the ball !

But not much Rugby of the Friendly Internationals, UFC comes on some times a day or two later.

I've tried my Brother's Sky Go account over a VPN but due to 1.4Mb bandwidth resolution was pants....

I've tried wiziwig and CrickTV on Android, didn't like the Malware (I think) it wanted to install on Windows ......but still prefer to pay for 365Sports

Are there any better alternatives, what I'd like is some Sky Sports available here at good resolution.
    I think there are paid alternatives to 365Sports with servers in BKK that show loads of content but dont know how to get hold of 'em !

Regards
    SL

Ps I'll start looking again myself actually !
    Last edited by SLeesy; 24th November 2014 at 18:20.

I had a tinker with acestream recently and it was crystal clear..

Its a case of you install the player, then need to find a stream before the event.. Searching acestream and ufc or acestream motogp has found them for me when I was tinkering (in fact it was the other way round, I found the stream link then tested the player).. If your sport has a stream is the question but I would think it may.

Gee was using expatthaitv or something.. seemed happy with it..

I watch rugby live on wiziwig here on Samui...no problem with the streams...I even have simultaneous streams happening and switch between matches when two games are on at once...like the past few weeks

it'll do me...

I've tinkered too with ACEstream in the past will give it another shot !

ThaiExpat is the sister company of 365Sports but mainly has the UK Terestrials channels eg BBC, ITV etc but not sports....

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Gee was using expatthaitv or something.. seemed happy with it..
    365Sport Stuart has is the same company

My m8 has a box hooked up to internet and Wifi to his TV, he has all the Sky Sport anf BT Sports, all the films etc etc the full shebang. He is running it off a communal condo wifi connection and still works brilliant. There is a monthly subscription about 30 from memory

I will find out which one it is and update tomorrow

I'm gonna get the same myself

Quote Originally Posted by Geespot View Post
    365Sport Stuart has is the same company

My m8 has a box hooked up to internet and Wifi to his TV, he has all the Sky Sport anf BT Sports, all the films etc etc the full shebang. He is running it off a communal condo wifi connection and still works brilliant. There is a monthly subscription about 30 from memory

I will find out which one it is and update tomorrow

I'm gonna get the same myself
    Stuart I will send you a PM regarding this as its ermmmmmmm done on the fly

Forgot to mention I also used Hola Chrome Extension for a while which allowed BBC and ITV iplayers ...for a while !

Can also watch Sky News live at Watch Sky News Live

PTG
    ilikehd.com 350/mo, but supposedly only works in TH. I've seen plenty of rugby and cricket when going through the sports channels. Sports channels include Astro, True, BT sports, US NBC and US Fox, Setanta and more. Usually doesn't buffer as stream comes out of BKK.
    SLeesy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SLeesy View Post
    Forgot to mention I also used Hola Chrome Extension for a while which allowed BBC and ITV iplayers ...for a while !
    You're better with Zenmate plug in for Chrome and now also on Firefox. Works for all UK terrestrial catch ups and Netflix too. If you have Amazon Prime it wont work you need a good VPN for that

I scramble by on a combination at the moment

Zenmate
    VPN
    ThaiExpat TV

I'm going to switch over to the IPTV Service my m8 has; I've seen enough of his streaming and full content
    SLeesy likes this.

One of the things I like about ThaiExpat and 365Sport is you login anywhere to watch it, not tied to one box/one TV ....
    But yes agreed maybe nice to have your mates Box in the Living Room ! Now thats maybe an Xmas present to me !

Quote Originally Posted by Geespot View Post
    You're better with Zenmate plug in for Chrome and now also on Firefox. Works for all UK terrestrial catch ups and Netflix too. If you have Amazon Prime it wont work you need a good VPN for that

I scramble by on a combination at the moment

Zenmate
    VPN
    ThaiExpat TV

I'm going to switch over to the IPTV Service my m8 has; I've seen enough of his streaming and full content

Thanks GSpot, just tried Zenmate, Watched ITV live to see Darts, Emmerdale and Jeremy Kyle show !
    BBC wasn't having it though ....

I watched BBC iPlayer using Zenmate in Thailand and NZ over the last year...

Same no problem for me, I watch it all the time with Zenmate

Note sure which browser Sleez used but I use Chrome with Zenmate. The Firefox Zenmate plugin is just a recent introduction

Tried it again and now BBC iPlayer Working fine thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post
    I watched BBC iPlayer using Zenmate in Thailand and NZ over the last year...

BBC and ITV working fine for me with Zenmate and chrome..

Yup me too now....(Thanks)

UFC anyone !

Just FYI ....

Watch UFC 181: Early Prelims free online live video stream
    But ....Low resolution

Acestream had Hi Res streams but in Russian !
    I tried watching one, listening to the other but 30 second difference in broadcasting, guess there maybe a delay option somewhere ...
    I used ACEplayer to watch ...where as VLC had issues although I believe they might be the same code ?!!!?

PS Just don't believe the ads that say you need to install any media players or Java upgrades etc, cos just Malware ...
    Last edited by SLeesy; 7th December 2014 at 10:59.