Thread: 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' trailer

'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' trailer

Watch the 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' trailer
    By Jonathon Dornbush on Nov 28, 2014 at 10:26AM @jmdornbush

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/11/28/star...wakens-trailer/

'Star Wars' trailer: 7 things we just learned
    By James Hibberd on Nov 28, 2014 at 12:27PM @james_hibberd

'Star Wars' trailer: 7 things we just learned | Inside Movies | EW.com

Here's how the Internet is reacting to the 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' trailer
    By Jonathon Dornbush on Nov 28, 2014 at 12:06PM @jmdornbush

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/11/28/star-war...ailer-reaction/
    K2 likes this.

Put me down as a childhood fan that Lucas lost by making the prequels too cutsey and insisting on dicking about with the originals so much..

I guess franchises get like that.. But Nolan kept the Dark Knight stuff coherent all the way through..
    PadMC likes this.

Ohh and when I saw the ball / droid thing my instant feeling was "oh look.. heres the next jar jar binks"..

I grandfathered in Star Wars and watched all of the prequels and liked them but I am afraid JJ Abrams is going to make these too blockbuster-ish

Sounds stupid because they all were but this will be too dumbed down

Loved the first two Star Wars movies, hated the Ewoks and everything that happened afterward. Never paid to see any of the prequels, but eventually saw them on TV. Every aspect of the later three was terrible, but the direction was especially egregious. Natalie Portman in particular was a profound disappointment due to poor direction. Lucas clearly developed a swelled head and surrounded himself with professional sycophants, so must have believed he could do no wrong.

I have low expectations for the next sequels, but doubt they could be much worse than Episodes I - III.
    Waharoa likes this.

I am certain I will go see it, even if it is as bad as certain parts of the more recent trilogy. Too much of a fan not to give it a try.
    PadMC likes this.

I'm kinda like Paul, except for movies that "can't happen", I refuse to go see a movie where people dress up like the characters.
    LivinLOS and WarProfiteer like this.
    A woman won The Nobel Peace Prize? Must have been a pretty good sandwich.

No doubt about it, the first 3 are masterpieces of cinema and that's where they are to be experienced, in the cinema. One of my earliest and lasting memories of the cinema was seeing The Empire Strikes back I'm happy to say. These new films are watchable and try their best but pale in comparison to the impact of the first 3. Still... I'll go watch this new one in the cinema when it comes out.
    Last edited by PadMC; 30th November 2014 at 08:56.

I agree that the 3 prequals were desperately disappointing, I think Lucas tried to fit in too much into the battle scenes there's just so much going on whereas in the classic Death Star attack you've a handful of x-wings and y-wings I'm sure we could all recognise Red 2 from Gold leader. Same with the Hoth planet battle, a few At-At walkers and they caused mayhem. The prequels seemed aimed at making as much money as possible from buildup and franchising as many toy models as possible.