Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree8Likes
  • 6 Post By dontpanic
  • 1 Post By BroTiger
  • 1 Post By kris-one

Thread: Facebook down ??

  1. #1
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,153

    Facebook down ??

    Cant get facebook to load on TOT adl.. Or AIS mobile..

    Are they playing with the switches again ??

  2. #2
    Senior Member Geespot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    UK & Khon Kaen
    Posts
    1,610
    Dunno but its down for me AIS & 3BB

    Just tried via my VPN, still down so doubt its a local issue
    Last edited by Geespot; 27th January 2015 at 14:09.

  3. #3
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,153

  4. #4
    Senior Member Waharoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    6,159
    Up here....

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,490
    Up here too

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,059
    Sipping from the Fountain of Youth that is Thailand.

  7. #7
    Senior Member dontpanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,823
    Quite proud to say I never noticed.

  8. #8
    Senior Member BroTiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Seattle WA, USA
    Posts
    658

    Facebook down ??

    What is this Facebook you speak of? ;-)
    Honestly, I've never seen enough value in it to justify having my personal data collected and sold to their customers.
    Last edited by BroTiger; 27th January 2015 at 21:19.
    tnlawyer likes this.

  9. #9
    Senior Member NeedHoliday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,105
    Quote Originally Posted by BroTiger View Post
    What is this Facebook you speak of? ;-)
    Honestly, I've never seen enough value in it to justify having my personal data collected and sold to their customers.
    Not sure you understand what they're doing if you seriously think they sell your personal data.

  10. #10
    Senior Member kris-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,803
    I used to to use and occasionally log back into my account to see if I am being an anti social codger for shunning it. Last about 5 minutes and I have had enough of the selfies, food pics, motivational quotes and attention seeking status updates to last me a life time. I have in last 6 months began using Twitter and find it much more fun and useful.
    tnlawyer likes this.




  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,238
    Quote Originally Posted by kris-one View Post
    I have in last 6 months began using Twitter and find it much more fun and useful.
    +1, Twitter is far more succinct.

  12. #12
    Senior Member tnlawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    2,645
    Quote Originally Posted by kris-one View Post
    I used to to use and occasionally log back into my account to see if I am being an anti social codger for shunning it. Last about 5 minutes and I have had enough of the selfies, food pics, motivational quotes and attention seeking status updates to last me a life time. I have in last 6 months began using Twitter and find it much more fun and useful.
    I ditched FB a few years ago for the same reasons. I haven't the time nor the inclination to wade thru all that shit. Agree that Twitter is much more useful.

  13. #13
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,153
    I dont get the social aspect of twiiter.. I do think its useful for crowdsourcing news..

    Facebook is OK to keep up on mates, pics, people travelling about.. I also have most of my feed filled with motorsport, groups, half naked hottie pics etc.. I notice lately theres a whole ot more 'list spam' those clickbait sites..

  14. #14
    Senior Member soupdragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Bang Tao
    Posts
    2,367
    Just filter the content to only get posts from interesting or funny people.

  15. #15
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,153
    Quote Originally Posted by soupdragon View Post
    Just filter the content to only get posts from interesting or funny people.
    I do sorta... when in a hurry.. But I also like the randomness of interests being shown.. One thing a photography article on petapixel.. The next a car bit by jalopnik or road and track..

    I assume you mean to filter using lists ??

  16. #16
    Senior Member soupdragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Bang Tao
    Posts
    2,367
    I have strict filtering selected, only allows through stuff from friends, I then edit friends strictly.

    I do have a certain amount of randomness thrown in but people who post mostly selfies get a red card.

  17. #17
    Senior Member soupdragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Bang Tao
    Posts
    2,367
    I see both the Facebook and Messenger apps have updates available this morning. I wonder if that is related.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •