Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Guy Martin's Spitfire

Guy Martin's Spitfire

Just watched this.. Good show.

I read somewhere Martin is retiring from road racing and stumbled on this, I hadn't heard of it before. Good luck to him he's a great character.

He's just done a brilliant series called 'Our Guy in India' about riding a Royal Enfield across, erm, India. Catch that if you can too. You're right about him, he's a really engaging character.
    PadMC likes this.

^ Yeah, I've heard of that one but haven't seen it. Will deffo check it out. It's shows like these that make me miss brit TV.

I hope you're right about him retiring too, such a shame we lost so many great road racers early.

Watching it right now, love that target for the machine gun test !
    (a nice looking BMW 525i from a scrap yard)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve@thaib View Post
    I hope you're right about him retiring too, such a shame we lost so many great road racers early.
    Guy is riding for Suzuki in this years IOM TT.

Really is a watchable character on TV and I enjoy his shows a lot. The sooner he packs in racing the better.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

I am a big fan.. He just comes across as really relatable and no airs and graces.. He is who he is..

I cant help but think hes also a bit 'off' too tho.. Like a teeny bit aspergers or something in his lack of filter, his passions and interests etc..

Top boy tho.. Put the kettle on.. time for a brew.

EDIT India was good, bit brief tho.. Would have been great to see him do more riding and people, the north and the hill stations etc.
    Last edited by LivinLOS; 17th February 2015 at 07:35.

Guy Martin's Spitfire

What a great show! The Spitfire was poetry in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by BroTiger View Post
    What a great show! The Spitfire was poetry in the air.
    I really enjoyed it also. Beautiful aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    EDIT India was good, bit brief tho.. Would have been great to see him do more riding and people, the north and the hill stations etc.
    Yes, only two episodes so agree it's a bit short. A good watch tho, I usually can't abide the people they get to ponce around on that kind of show.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve@thaib View Post
    Yes, only two episodes so agree it's a bit short. A good watch tho, I usually can't abide the people they get to ponce around on that kind of show.
    Aye, I can't stand those knobheads on Top gear. I still end up watching it though.
    LivinLOS likes this.

Can't watch top gear any more, Clarkson is the epitome of the public school snob to me these days; a patronising ponce who never did a day's work in his life and looks at the world from a position of wealth and privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by PadMC View Post
    Aye, I can't stand those knobheads on Top gear. I still end up watching it though.
    I watched the Pategonia / Argie one.. I know all the news and hassle.. I wanted to hate it but..

I laughed my ass off at the idiocy of it.. Its a well worn formula but it does work..

^ Didn't see that one but heard lots about it. They almost got lynched by the argies 55. Must dig it out.

The one where they're in Vietnam was very good also in fairness. Even Clarkson seemed genuinely moved by the place in the end.

Needed to watch TopGear after seeing Walking Dead last night, needed a giggle !

Quote Originally Posted by PadMC View Post
    ^ Didn't see that one but heard lots about it. They almost got lynched by the argies 55. Must dig it out.

The one where they're in Vietnam was very good also in fairness. Even Clarkson seemed genuinely moved by the place in the end.
    Agree with that, the Vietnam one was good. In all other instances Clarkson is a crass asshole

I think the actual show has become such a formula its gone stale.. and its a lads entertainment show around cars rather than a car show that entertains..

The best car reviewer out there works mostly online.. Chris harris has moved from DRIVE+ to Goodwood Racing feeds.. His enthusiasm and insight is great.. Matt Farah on The Smoking Tire.. David and Mike on Roadkill.. Etc etc.. It seems the enthusiast car stuff has really taken to the new format. Aussie Racer a new series thats started and looks like a lot of fun in a real Aussie / Ocker kind of way.

One of the best car / adventure combos is "all cars go to heaven" which looked like so much fun..

^Chris Harris regularly test drives and reports on new cars on Pistonheads. It's a good outlet for petrolheads in the UK.

News | PistonHeads
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

PH is a great classified for higher quality enthusiast owned cars as far as I can tell.. Not the usual ebay lemons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast