Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By quiksilva
  • 1 Post By marc26

Thread: Phone help

Phone help

I got a new LG G3

And i listen to a lot of podcasts and audio on demand
    On my old phone when i hit play it would give me the option to play or download.....which i download

But this new phone just plays without the option to download

Anyone know if there is a setting i can fix?

where are you getting to podcasts ??
    what app are you playing them with ??
    is this he same app as on the other phone ??

Not a podcast listener or watcher.. But those 2 questions are crucial..

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    where are you getting to podcasts ??
    what app are you playing them with ??
    is this he same app as on the other phone ??

Not a podcast listener or watcher.. But those 2 questions are crucial..
    Some are of espn.com

It jusy came up so o guess i need to download a listener app?

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post

• Head into Settings > About phone > Update center > App updates
    • Here you'll find a list of all apps LG shipped on the phone. Scroll down until you find the list of currently "idle apps"
    • Any of the apps you deleted, in this case Downloads should be listed here with a "Download" button next to them
    • Hit "Download" let the phone do its thing and you should be all set.

Hope this helps.

Just btw, why not stream anyhow, saves storage space, of course it depends on data and or wi/fi, but downloading means you store it and kind of keep (until you delete it)

Quote Originally Posted by snowy View Post
    • Head into Settings > About phone > Update center > App updates
    • Here you'll find a list of all apps LG shipped on the phone. Scroll down until you find the list of currently "idle apps"
    • Any of the apps you deleted, in this case Downloads should be listed here with a "Download" button next to them
    • Hit "Download" let the phone do its thing and you should be all set.

Hope this helps.

Just btw, why not stream anyhow, saves storage space, of course it depends on data and or wi/fi, but downloading means you store it and kind of keep (until you delete it)
    I download podcasts to listen to them when i am at the gym

Thanks i will try that today

Been listening to ESPN for a year or so now while working.
    Dan Le Batard, Sedano and Stink, and Freddie Coleman all very good. My lack of NFL knowledge doesn't help though.
    marc26 likes this.

Its more a case of what app were you using to download them and what are you using now.. Must be an app difference rather than a setting is my guess..

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Its more a case of what app were you using to download them and what are you using now.. Must be an app difference rather than a setting is my guess..
    The LG supplied app is probably different from the manufacture supplied app of his previous phone. There are hundreds of other media app players; probably best to google to see if any have a download function within the app. It might actually be the web browser as well the podcast is being downloaded from and how that handles downloads. Same applies as media player, make sure you can download the podcast and save to phone, then you should be able to play it with just about any media player

Quote Originally Posted by Geespot View Post
    The LG supplied app is probably different from the manufacture supplied app of his previous phone. There are hundreds of other media app players; probably best to google to see if any have a download function within the app. It might actually be the web browser as well the podcast is being downloaded from and how that handles downloads. Same applies as media player, make sure you can download the podcast and save to phone, then you should be able to play it with just about any media player
    That is the issue.....i cant find an option to download
    Have tried everything.....
    At this point i am just going to ask every person i sit down with in Japan, Thailand and India to help me.....someone in one of those 3 countries will have to be able to help me!! 555
    tnlawyer likes this.

I got a new LG G3

And i listen to a lot of podcasts and audio on demand
    On my old phone when i hit play it would give me the option to play or download.....which i download

But this new phone just plays without the option to download

What websites were / are you using?

I'm assuming you were just clicking on whatever video / audio on the website? How this is then handled is probably dependent on the web browser you were and are now using, so

What was the web browser you were / are using e.g. I use Dolphin Browser

Also were you using a dedicated app for a particular website e.g. BBC has it's own App, maye ESPN has to. There may be a difference as to how an app works with each phone manufacturer but this is more unlikely other than a change to say the operating system or version of operating system

From what I've said above we can probably narrow down and maybe identify how to get a download function

As gee says.. Its down to what the default app handler is..

That could be because of the browser app (most likely) or a feature of the player app opening the stream.

So focusing in on which was doing this on the old phone and whats doing it on the new phone, will spell the difference.. Failing that invite a 10 year old around to make a video of it and upload it to vine and embed it here ;P

I still have my old phone and it doesnt look like an app.....looks like it was the phone itself.

A box would pop up and say Download File and the i could press download or play.
    Once i hit download it downloaded it onto the download app supplied on both phones.

From there when i went to play it it would then play in the media player.

As for the 10yr old.....i figure it will either be a 10yr old or one of Nel's BG friends in Samui who ends up teaching me 555

Driving me bonkers

I still have my old phone and it doesnt look like an app.....looks like it was the phone itself.

A box would pop up and say Download File and the i could press download or play.
    Once i hit download it downloaded it onto the download app supplied on both phones.

From there when i went to play it it would then play in the media player.

As for the 10yr old.....i figure it will either be a 10yr old or one of Nel's BG friends in Samui who ends up teaching me 555

Driving me bonkers
    what web browser were / are you using when you clicked on the link to download the media?

Also if you have android if you open the programs there is a standard App called downloads, have a look and see if the files are sitting there that are automatically playing (probably not) but this app is where you can see everything that is downloading to your phone

Sorry mate.. But everything running on the OS was / is an app.. Just because an app was bundled with the phone, is the default browser, or default audio player, or something along those lines doesnt make it less of an app..

Do you mean the browser.. if so was it chrome (as it would be an a nexus) or some custom browser.. replacing whatever you used to get to the podcasts on the new phone will almost certainly replicate the functionality..