Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: The movie industries napster

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHoliday View Post
    Also seems the MPAA has been dealing with them in the past https://torrentfreak.com/mpaa-pulls-...github-140711/
    Yeah they went at the github.. Who complied without a fight (why would they, they have no motivation) but legally its questionable..

The thing is, as an open source project, with no central server structure, tackling this is not like taking down say TPB or something.. Its very interesting how they have designed it to be 1) just inside the law 2) fault tolerant, serverless, and without a central structure to remove and 3) use external legal sites for the cover art databases, watched flag, etc etc parts..

OK just to update.. So am visiting family and mum has a old school dumb tv system here.. So I want to set up something she has more options, probably will get a FireTV stick, but it has to be really simple..

I grabbed a google chromecast just to bridge the gap while I think about it, I figured I could use one in my office to stream bloomberg to an office wall TV or something, well damn does it make popcorn time easy. Open app, press the watch button, TV opens the stream.. So integrated.

The way access to media is changing so quick, its really a bit mind blowing.

Only caveat with the chromecast, if anyone gets one, for some reason popcorn time doesnt like a space (or punctuation apparently) in the chromecasts name. That had me fighting it for an hour or so.
    NeedHoliday likes this.

Popcorn time users in the UK. Can you still stream movies?

Mine has been down for the last 3 days with an error message " The remote movies API failed to respond,please check Popcorn Time Status and try again later.

Many restarts isn't solving this and I'm about to download the app again to see if that solves the problem.

Got a nasty feeling my ISP (Virginmedia) may have blocked it.

Edit...I see a workaround. On the error message page there is the option to "Search on KAT"
    I entered the name of a movie, up came dozens of streams, pick one, download and select TV, and problem solved. You just need to know which movie you want instead of being able to browse the library.
    Last edited by dawsey; 23rd October 2015 at 19:25. Reason: found a work around
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

Yes it's not just you https://torrentfreak.com/dozens-of-p...klists-151019/

On a side note, has anyone noticed the sound ever so slightly out of sync towards the end of movies on popcorn? not a complaint, it is free after all, more an observation.

Thanks for that.
    Not noticed out of sync speech as yet on movies.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

No longer just down for UK users - https://torrentfreak.com/popcorn-tim...wntime-151023/

The main Popcorn Time fork has been pulled offline permanently. The problem was triggered by an exodus of developers, including the person who registered the application's domain name. A few hours after the operators tried to transfer its ownership, domain registrar Gandi is now refusing to process the changes....
    dawsey likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12