Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Bagan Shots

K2 and Stillearly like this.

IMG_0754.jpgIMG_0773.jpgIMG_0615.jpgIMG_0643.jpgIMG_0647.jpg
    the last shot has got to be the best one of the whole trip.
    Steve@thaib, Paulf1 and Happy like this.

LivinLOS, after, Happy and 1 others like this.

Shot a shitload of shots on that trip. All of these right out of the camera and none processed. I do like shooting pretty girls in settings other than bars. the wide angle shots with the 16-35 and that one shot on top of the brick temple with the bricks coming in from the left side is the one I mentioned in the other thread.

K2
    Very nice ...
    Its My Life .....!

Love this sort of stuff, for me it's the people that make a place. Sneaky shots are fine but I think there's nothing better than getting close up and engaging with people in their own environment, the shots that come out of those encounters are what it's all about. That and temples
    JimCA2 likes this.

IMG_0956.jpg
    You are right about that Steve. My best day there was the second. The first day I had a guide, but the second day I meandered into peoples neighborhoods and livelyhoods. It was great. This pic I sat with the vendors about 100 meters back. I wasnt interested in any of the stuff they were selling, especially when I can get most of the same stuff in Cambodia. I pointed to the dust covered laminated picture hanging on a nail above the display of goods. Some copy of a watercolor laminated from a magazine. I said I would give her 2.50 for it. She said it was her lucky pic. 10 dollars. Too much and besides, I really wouldn't want to take your luck away from you. I put it back on the nail and said thank you. Well they chased me down the street and made the sale on my terms. Best souvenir of the trip.

On this trip I took a 5d mark 2 and a 50d which is not full frame. I got a little more out of my telephoto shots with it and it gave me various ranges with the various 4 lenses I took. The stuff prior to this post is the 5d stuff, the following stuff is the 50 d.

Another great shot. For me, this and the other portraits say 'Burma' every bit as much as Shewaydagon.

Paulf1 likes this.

Paulf1 likes this.

Ha ha, love the guy with the cigar. They will sleep anywhere won't they? I've always been envious of that ability to sleep, Asian people generally seem to have it down to an art form.

The balloon wasnt running. That was from the top of a pagoda. I remember before the sky train getting on a Thai bus and the Thais had the sleep thing down to science. Never missed a stop and plenty of sleep in that traffic.

Okay Okay, I'll stay out of this thread, sorry but its like being shown someones holiday snaps!!! I know, better I go off and watch some paint dry???55555
    Custard should be a colour...cos I could then paint over the mess I've just made!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Okay Okay, I'll stay out of this thread, sorry but its like being shown someones holiday snaps!!! I know, better I go off and watch some paint dry???55555
    Out of focus with a bunch of drunken fcukwits gurning at a camera phone?

Seriously though, I think still images either speak to you or they don't. I can look at a well executed set of images all day long. Buildings mostly leave me cold so I'm rarely moved by temple shots etc., they are more of a cataloguing exercise for me, but a good portrait has real soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    I was thinking the exact opposite... 555

Like looking at photos of the year in the Telegraph... some outstanding quality in this thread...
    JimCA2, LivinLOS and Stillearly like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post
    I was thinking the exact opposite... 555

Like looking at photos of the year in the Telegraph... some outstanding quality in this thread...
    Same here... I was really impressed with so many of these shots. Took quite a while just to get down to where anyone was talking about them...

great shots as always Jim....I visited Bagan more than 35 years ago...really blew me away...I just wonder how much it has changed from then (it was a small village/township and the temples were out in the "fields" behind it)..In one way I imagine not much but then in another I feel that it must have just to accommodate the amount of visitors it is getting these days

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast