Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Yangon shots

Paulf1, PadMC and Happy like this.

Great pics; love the one with the girl in the pink dress looking over her shoulder.

Thanks Steve. Just a cross section of Yangon. Some good pics and some crap ones as well but at least they will give people an idea of whats there. My trip was a year ago at the threshold of hotel prices sky rocketing. I stayed in the Yoma Hotel for 28 dollars a night and ten dollar joiner fees. I got HBO, Nat geo in Burmese and Burmese news and a Greek station on an old TV. AC had no controls and basically on and off. Figure it must have been a ten dollar room in its day and have heard its up to 45 dollars now. K2 Mentioned Thamada in one of his post for 23 and I imagine that was 2010. They wanted 55 dollars May 2012. I would like to go back but not until they get the room thing figured out.

Took a trip across the river and got caught in the rain. Turned out to be a good day and good photo ops.

K2
    Photographic style is different to mine (in a good way I hasten to add) and you have captured some of the essence/atmosphere really well.

NB: Thamada is indeed >$50/night now and way overpriced. Very had to find what would be 1000/1500 Baht/night in Thailand for less than this ($50) in Yangon. In February prices had at least stopped going up and hopefully as more supply comes on line prices will return to more reasonable levels. I posted somewhere a recent article that real estate prices are on a par with NYC!!
    Its My Life .....!

K2
    Quote Originally Posted by ub2yoo View Post
    I haven't been there myself yet, so I better hurry up before I can't afford the trip anymore
    As the money pours in the local attitudes will change ... sadly not for the better I fear.

Pace of change is phenomenal - so yep, get your self there soon.
    Its My Life .....!

Sef, went thru the folder and pulled out this stuff. More street stuff you wanted to see. The last stuff is from the trip over the Yangon River to Dala. That was a great little excursion despite the rain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast