Thread: Burmese language......

Burmese language......

Anyone else find the Burmese/Myanmar language hard to handle. For me is one of the rougher and unsexy languages I've heard. We got loads of Myanmar workers on Phayam, some young and sexy..............but when they open their mouth the attraction is gone....Some of them got almost manly voices and you get the feeling they are having an argument every time they are having a chat.

I know Kev doesn't agree on this 5555

Too me they sound almost Portuguese??? why I say Portuguese, is I used to speak Spanish and it sounds like I almost should understand it but just slightly cannot???

Okay just re-read this and yep its me thing!!!5555
    Custard should be a colour...cos I could then paint over the mess I've just made!!!

Very far from Spanish me thinks........hobbelygobbelygibberish

Ming galaba

K2
    Quote Originally Posted by geir View Post
    I know Kev doesn't agree on this 5555
    I prefer Burmese to Thai (as you kinow .... hummm thinking about it these days prefer nearly every other SEA to Thai 5555).

Perhaps because of my younger days being immersed in Punjabi/Hindi of my Indian friends - I find Burmese (now officially called Myanmar language btw) quite pleasing on the ears if not downright sexy (from the right girl).

Each to their own I guess and looks like I need to come back to Phayam to help you out with the annoying 'young and sexy Myanmar workers'.
    Its My Life .....!

Spelling of this sub-forum contains an extra 'a' in Myanmar ... typo or alternate naming?
    Cheers, Rob.

Sort of a typo.. I had seen it double a in the past but noticed it was wrong with a spell checker..

Not had time or a pc to change it..