Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Chance to move to Makati

best of luck with it mate....will be interested in your thoughts on it

I arrived in Manila a couple of hours ago after a long long journey from Panama, through Amsterdam with a short stop in Taipei and then onto Manila. Haven't got the energy to go out and explore this evening, so will save that for tomorrow.

First impressions - It looks good, nice and lively and there's some great looking women around, lots of big skyscrapers and seems clean, not seen too much so far as it was dark when I arrived, will have a better look around tomorrow.
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they're genuine"

Winston Churchill 1944

I've been here 2 days now, looks like a great place, Makati reminds me of Singapore, lots of big shopping Malls, not as clean as SG but greener than I expected, some very nice areas. I also went into Manila yesterday to a huge Mall, Manila reminds me a little of Bangkok.

Didn't have the energy to go out last night, so can't report on the nightlife but I hear it's good, will have to save that for next time as I leave tomorrow evening.

In short, I reckon I could definitely live here so some big decisions to be made, I'm happy and settled in Panama so will have to give it some thought before deciding what to do.
    nelsonone likes this.
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they're genuine"

Winston Churchill 1944

Did it feel as "international" there as it does in Panama City?

It felt much more "International" to be honest, Ex-Pats everywhere, I guess most of them work there, a lot of the UK banks are moving there Call Centre's there and Makati is full of International Banks so there seems to be a much bigger Ex-Pat community than here in Panama.

I met quite a few of the Guys at the Office, again, mainly Ex-Pats, seemed like a decent bunch.

I had 7 interviews, passed them all but have one more Guy to speak to in the next week or two, I'm off to Cancun for a week on Friday so will be after that, gives me chance to think it over, at least.

Winston Churchill 1944

Quote Originally Posted by ub2yoo View Post
    Sorry to dive into that one, but you had 7 interviews? I thought you got that one job offered there at Makati? What are those 7 interviews about?
    seems crazy to fly a guy across the world to put him through 7 interviews

i got my job over a beer 555

I had 2 telephone interviews before going, the 7 on Monday weren't exactly interviews as such, more of a meet and greet with the team, no questions or technical stuff.

Winston Churchill 1944

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12