Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By billpay
  • 1 Post By billpay

Thread: Recomend me a hotel in Angeles City

Recomend me a hotel in Angeles City

Its been a while since I last ventured to AC, planning a trip back but I'm not sure about where to stay.

I used to stay at the Pacific Breeze hotel but I wasn't too impressed with the PBH last time I went a few years back. I like the general area the PBH is in so something around there would be great. Sub 2000 Peso a night would be fantastic.
    This post is known by the state of California to potentially contain more than the maximum daily allowance of awesome.

Wild Orchid, ABC and Lewis Grande are 3 of the better hotels but they will run you up to (and over) the $US100 mark mostly

There is a reason PBH is so popular...its excellent value for money at $US57 for a deluxe room

I stayed in Walkabout a couple of times. Good hotel at sub 2K. On fields avenue.

I have stayed in the Walkabout as well...but for me the standard was way below PBH

Quote Originally Posted by MajorTom View Post
    I stayed in Walkabout a couple of times. Good hotel at sub 2K. On fields avenue.
    I've stayed at the Walkabout as well, not a fan of it.

I might end up back at the PBH.

Thanks for everyone's input.
    This post is known by the state of California to potentially contain more than the maximum daily allowance of awesome.

K2
    Swiss Chalet is was really good (mid-'00's) - so was the restaurant.

Hotel - Restaurant Swiss Chalet - your airport hotel and business venue in Angeles City, Philippines

PBH the staff just got too friendly in the end ... have also stayed at Walkabout just after it opened and was happy enough ... basic and no food then (not that it mattered).
    Its My Life .....!

Quote Originally Posted by K2 View Post
    Swiss Chalet is was really good (mid-'00's) - so was the restaurant.

Hotel - Restaurant Swiss Chalet - your airport hotel and business venue in Angeles City, Philippines

PBH the staff just got too friendly in the end ... have also stayed at Walkabout just after it opened and was happy enough ... basic and no food then (not that it mattered).
    Swiss Chalet is a top restaurant. Not cheap for AC but the food is consistently good. Due to it's proximity to the PBH I ate there a lot.

Just was there and stayed at Valentinos. I used to stay at PB, and was a huge fan of this hotel. But after the first few years, they let everything deteriorate. The towels were thin and frayed, the sheets old and yellow, and most important were the beds being the hardest I've ever been in in Asia. I do believe they could double as billiard tables.
    Valentinos is 2350 pesos for theirt regular room. But, with a 15% discount for cash, it comes at under 2000 pesos, about $45 US. And the beds a great.
    They do not have a restaurant, but very close to Swiss Chalet and Tequila Reef, which has the best breakfast by far.

I also heard to Devera was good for the price, but did not check it out. You won't find anything else of value under 2000 pesos in AC.
    Last edited by billpay; 19th April 2014 at 19:39.
    K2 and mjwx like this.
    The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Thanks Bill,

Valentinos and Devera look good.

Lack of a restaurant isn't a problem as I normally eat at the Swiss Chalet.

I like the Clarkton Hotel on Perimeter. It meets your price and they have a shuttle back and forth to Fields til 3am.

Quote Originally Posted by Snideybowl View Post
    I like the Clarkton Hotel on Perimeter. It meets your price and they have a shuttle back and forth to Fields til 3am.
    Cheers Snidey... However I prefer to stay on Fields and dont really mind paying a bit more.

I'm booked into a balcony room at Valentino's for 9 days.

Tune Hotel and Queens are decent enough. Clean, accessible and within your price range IMO.

^You could be a little late on this recommendation.
    quiksilva likes this.
    The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Just a little late... But thanks anyway.