Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 78
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: End of the road for some farangs in Thailand?

  1. #21
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    ^whenever you talk about the good ole days, yours or your predecessors, you always mention shagging girls in pools or swimming holes as great pinnacles of decadence...55
    What can I say.. Those great outdoor orgy type events have a special place in my heart.. Caligula wasnt all bad..

    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite911 View Post
    Seem to remember some Chiang Mai pool party pics on PI, lot of tonnage, but very few girls in the water..........
    Yeah times have changed.. Used to be 10 gogo girls to a couple of guys.. That one was the other way round..

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Frithco
    Posts
    3,282
    Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    What can I say.. Those great outdoor orgy type events have a special place in my heart.. Caligula wasnt all bad..



    Yeah times have changed.. Used to be 10 gogo girls to a couple of guys.. That one was the other way round..
    But you recall the pool shagging as maybe gone now? Surely it is still going on now within a youinger demographic. ;-)

    And yes that CM incident was very "round"..55

  3. #23
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    But you recall the pool shagging as maybe gone now? Surely it is still going on now within a youinger demographic. ;-)
    No while I think while the odd hotel pool gets sullied late at night.. theres nothing like the old valhallas daytime wet t shirt comp heydays.. Or the shit we used to regularly pull back with me and a few of my buddies.. Or even like the kickoff we did in wet willies.. these days..

    The wilder times have moved to patts / AC / etc.. At least the sheer public out there madness of it.. Even then for the kind of crazy back then you need to head to the private house bars on the darkside in Patts..

    Hotels would get closed if pics surfaced, the shark club owner had to run from his bail leaving 40m (back then) investment.. Jan did a stint in nick for public decency offences.. There just isnt the venue..

  4. #24
    Senior Member geir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ranong
    Posts
    4,168
    Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    No while I think while the odd hotel pool gets sullied late at night.. theres nothing like the old valhallas daytime wet t shirt comp heydays.. Or the shit we used to regularly pull back with me and a few of my buddies.. Or even like the kickoff we did in wet willies.. these days..

    The wilder times have moved to patts / AC / etc.. At least the sheer public out there madness of it.. Even then for the kind of crazy back then you need to head to the private house bars on the darkside in Patts..

    Hotels would get closed if pics surfaced, the shark club owner had to run from his bail leaving 40m (back then) investment.. Jan did a stint in nick for public decency offences.. There just isnt the venue..
    5555 that's what I talk about...good old days ;-)

  5. #25
    Senior Member Thin White Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Afrique du Sud
    Posts
    2,891
    So you will be opening it in Cambodia/Phillipines surely

    C'mon Sef

  6. #26
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Thin White Duke View Post
    So you will be opening it in Cambodia/Phillipines surely

    C'mon Sef
    Many things I may be. But pimp I struggle with...

    Even now.. having 5 sisters working in a bar I enabled troubles me.. The fact their mum thinks its great doesnt make it any less of an issue.. But poverty is no more friendly either..

    Of all the things that I would enjoy running (and god knows Gee and I talked this over again and again) a cool 'pool bar' daytime spot... With DJ choons.. Chilled house music.. Bikini girls.. a good bar.. etc etc etc.. Ibiza style.. Its something Phuket has really lacked (I dont think famous location works) and even now Nikki beach on Samui is only doing well (but added pretentious eurotrash)... Could have been done at a much lower barrier of entry before.

    Maybe Sihanoukville.. If it didnt have such an on off season and cheap customer base.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Thin White Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Afrique du Sud
    Posts
    2,891
    I hear ya

    But at the end the day it's all entertainment.

    Everyone knows the borderline.......lets not get too boring either

  8. #28
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Thin White Duke View Post
    Everyone knows the borderline.......lets not get too boring either
    I find it s much easier to mentally justify, as the giver of money, than the taker of money..

    It maintains the illusion of free will so much better..

    Stop me if I get too deep (or dark )

  9. #29
    Senior Member Thin White Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Afrique du Sud
    Posts
    2,891
    No black and white......lot's of grey areas tho'

    Interesting that grey area.

    I find that what I was bought up to believe was all black and white....and turned out to be false.

    So I err on the grey side...within reason

  10. #30
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,632
    Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Many things I may be. But pimp I struggle with...

    Even now.. having 5 sisters working in a bar I enabled troubles me.. The fact their mum thinks its great doesnt make it any less of an issue.. But poverty is no more friendly either..
    to be honest, i've seen way more good come out of girl's working in the bar than bad

    but 2 reasons i couldn't own a bar with girls working there:
    1) i'd punch someone out every single day who was rude to the girls
    2) the biggest one, what would i say to my family and friends back home?

  11. #31
    Senior Member Dodger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,161
    Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    No while I think while the odd hotel pool gets sullied late at night.. theres nothing like the old valhallas daytime wet t shirt comp heydays.. Or the shit we used to regularly pull back with me and a few of my buddies.. Or even like the kickoff we did in wet willies.. these days..

    The wilder times have moved to patts / AC / etc.. At least the sheer public out there madness of it.. Even then for the kind of crazy back then you need to head to the private house bars on the darkside in Patts..

    Hotels would get closed if pics surfaced, the shark club owner had to run from his bail leaving 40m (back then) investment.. Jan did a stint in nick for public decency offences.. There just isnt the venue..
    It isn't exactly the same, but do you think its all stopped? or possibly you have stopped?

    Don't you think things are better because they have changed, 15 years of going to Valhalla wet tee shirt parties would get a little stale maybe?

    The people that tell me the good old days were the best because, are just living in the past and have not adjusted to the now (no you are not personally included in my last statement)

    I enjoyed my first times of coming here, my early days, a lot of my better memories of events or occasions I could repeat? but choose not to, but in my mind it wasn't better, it was different and I enjoy the now, the time I'm in. If I didn't I'd change it.

  12. #32
    Senior Member geir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ranong
    Posts
    4,168
    When I came first time back in 99, every little bar had loads of good looking girls. It was maybe 3-4 stunners in every bar, these day you are lucky to find one. I've seen pictures from my first trips so I know it's true. If it's any places today similar to what Valhalla was, please let me know where.
    Things have changed, we have changed. Back then we was a bunch of more or less single guys, we were younger and ready for non stop party.

    In my mind Patong was much better before, that's why I've moved on.
    I agree that the newbies today are having a blast, and what they don't know doesn't hurt them. I still enjoy Thailand, but in different ways. I honestly miss the old days, my friends and the madness.
    Would be fun to meet up some day in a different place.....if we met in Patong we would just discuss old days vs today 555

  13. #33
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    It isn't exactly the same, but do you think its all stopped? or possibly you have stopped?
    So where is there anything like the Valhalla glory days before Jan went to jail ??

    50 to 100 of the town's go go and bar girls.. drunkenly competing in strip shows and dance contests.. all in the pool with us..

    The back room with the rising floor and the sex swing contraption.. the whole of Valhalla was just insane back then..

    From what I have seen of the pics ac has these kind of pool parties.. but in Thailand it simply has been stopped.

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    781
    That's what I love about here, non stop booze, sex and shagging and we are only in the relationships area...555

  15. #35
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,153
    I should also point out. I am told that there's some bars in big houses in patts, country club rd and dark side area which had a bit of this style.. just much lower key.

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Frithco
    Posts
    3,282
    I think I'll pass on the jizzy pools thank you

  17. #37
    Senior Member geir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ranong
    Posts
    4,168
    It was always something in the Valhalla pool that stick to your teeth 55555

  18. #38
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,153
    I remember it had extra extra filtration and chems..

    Also the floor of the sauna made you want to wear flip flops..

  19. #39
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,632
    while the forum was down I read Thai Visa a bit, i never had before
    just too big for me

    but i noticed a difference on there, maybe just because of the size

    on PI forum, the expats seemed to be guys that had done well early or older guys retired
    maybe not rich, but have a good savings behind them
    on Thai Visa, seemed you have a lot more guys over in LOS on not very much funds
    honestly, i never really gave it a though other than the few dregs i see around, but there is a lot of farangs in Thailand either not making much money even if working or not saved that much for a safety net

  20. #40
    Senior Member geir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ranong
    Posts
    4,168
    Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    while the forum was down I read Thai Visa a bit, i never had before
    just too big for me

    but i noticed a difference on there, maybe just because of the size

    on PI forum, the expats seemed to be guys that had done well early or older guys retired
    maybe not rich, but have a good savings behind them
    on Thai Visa, seemed you have a lot more guys over in LOS on not very much funds
    honestly, i never really gave it a though other than the few dregs i see around, but there is a lot of farangs in Thailand either not making much money even if working or not saved that much for a safety net
    I'm one of them (sort of). I rather build myself up here than in Norway. At lest I feel free here and the government let me keep the small money I make. I have no safety net in Norway, but at least I make sure I have good insurances for the Mrs and me. Otherwise I've worked for 20 years in Norway that entitles me to a pension when/if I get 67 (todays rate would give me about 65K Baht a month).
    I've probably tripled my money during my 10 years in Thailand, and I doubt I could do the same in Norway with todays tax system and living costs.

    Talking about people with limited money and no safety net. Here in Ranong we have 30+ odd school teachers, some of them been here for years. Salaries about 30K baht, no work permits, no insurance, no money for ticket home.
    I could never do that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •