Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: the ashes

the ashes

games do not get bigger than this,eng v aus for the biggest prize,who is gonna win

england have a superb bowling 4

aus have clarke

cook ,root,pieterson bell,

siddle is good in english conditions,aus have not got a good spinner (lyons 5555)
    i reckon 2-1 to england

Looking forward to this and expecting a comfortable English victory!
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they're genuine"

Winston Churchill 1944

anderson is no 1 after steyn in the world,and with all the left handers in the aus team swann is going to play a big part,broad is good if he can get his length right and finn can be nasty fast

I feel too over confident, but this is the weakest Ozzie squad to tour in the last 25 years or so IMO. Weather permitting I can see a 3-0 or 3-1 result for England. Got my tickets for Old Trafford, can't wait....
    Pattaya Pattaya - Phuuying love u mak mak

I think 3-1 England.

Clarke is also struggling again with his back...I don't expect him to play the full series

Although England are one seamer injury away from trouble themselves....bring it on!

2-1 Aussies...... gotta stick solid...... I can see an English choke somewhere

K2
    Being over confident against the Aussies not a good idea - if England screw up - better sooner than later, but hope its an entertaining battle of a series. Certainly would cap another great summer for British sport to retain the Ashes.
    soupdragon likes this.
    Its My Life .....!

Quite an unexpected 1st days play. England's batted terribly, but recovered with some very decent bowling. Anderson was looking superb.
    I did quite like the look of the surprise choice Agar for the Ozzies, looked quite promising and fairly dangerous, and think Siddle will take a load of wickets throughout the series.

Don't think we'll see a 5th day....555

If I could know what sport it was you guys are talking about? Might help, but it sounds super-gay no matters!555

i said siddle would be good in english conditions.but clake,watson and co look fragile up top,its the truth!
    slampay likes this.

Oookkk! Makes more sense now!55

Quote Originally Posted by slampay View Post
    Oookkk! Makes more sense now!55
    They're using a bat to hit a bowling ball in the ashes. I hope the Brits win because...you know...Aussies?

Watson threw his wicket away. We need he and Clarke to be in top form as they are really the only 2 international class batsmen we have.

Poms came out in front today as expected. I'm a little surprised at how easily we rolled them but we do have a competent bowling attack...we just can't bat 555.

England are on a bit of a sporting roll...well done to them in the other victory's...but piss orf and give our ashes back to where they rightly belong OK?

What a day of cricket! A very evenly poised and interesting game...this could be the one in the three - one prediction 555

Mid afternoon and England 174 -5 and a lead of only 109. Once Bell or Prior are gone, its a long tail. Aus definate favourites right now unless England can reach 250+ on a turning wicket. Australia have played well when fielding, but apart from Agar, nobody looks much good with the bat. Well played the youngster Agar BTW. He deserved to get a century and I doubt any England supporter would have begrudged him.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

Looking a bit better now with a lead of 261, hope Bell gets his century, won't do him any harm for the rest of the series.
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they're genuine"

Winston Churchill 1944

I think the Ozzie mentality for years and years has bit them right on the arse today. If this game was played 10 years a go I have no doubt that Broad would have walked. However, years of Ozzies not doing so when they were clearly out, has now become the norm in world cricket and the 'if you can't beat em' join em' attitude is what we have now...
    Geespot and Podders like this.

300 lead now and Cook has to decide when to put the Aussies in to save the match. 350 should be more than enough but have the Australians got anyone who can occupy the crease with Swann and Anderson bowling.

K2
    Not the best of English wins, but a win is a win and as expected the Aussie's are no 'walk in the park' - no doubt Lord's will see a real battle. In these days of high tech and instant replays - umpiring has a lot of room for improvement.
    Its My Life .....!

Very close win and Australia made England work very hard for that one.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast