Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tnlawyer

Thread: MLB playoffs

MLB playoffs

Man......I fxuking love the baseball playoffs!!

Toronto-Texas game 5 was unreal
    Jose Bautista with the bat flip of a century!

Only thing is Canadians are such frauds......they don't follow the Blue Jays at all during the year.....then act like they die hard fans
    I've probably watched more Blue Jays games than most( I like the announcer)

Playoffs are the only time I can stand to watch. Season is just WAY too long for me.
    slampay likes this.

Love baseball. A great game.....some much strategy on just about every single pitch.
    I wish that I was a rabid fan....of some team, but never grew up in that atmosphere.
    Now I'm rooting for the Cubs since Kris Bryant is a Vegas guy. The Cubs are a great story this year.
    The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by billpay View Post
    Love baseball. A great game.....some much strategy on just about every single pitch.
    I wish that I was a rabid fan....of some team, but never grew up in that atmosphere.
    Now I'm rooting for the Cubs since Kris Bryant is a Vegas guy. The Cubs are a great story this year.
    I thought you adopted the Nationals? I think if the cubs make the WS, the whole baseball loving world will be routing for them...except the team they will be playing..
    A woman won The Nobel Peace Prize? Must have been a pretty good sandwich.

The Cubs are going to be scary good
    All those guys are young and they always have money to add stud pitching

I am rooting for Cubs too.

I actually like the Jays......just these fairweather Canadians make me root against them.
    Funny.....the other day they are all cheering in work when I never heard them speak about the Jays in 10 years.
    I make a remark that they are only good because their GM is from Boston.....not one of them knew that.
    Great fans.....555

Quote Originally Posted by slampay View Post
    I thought you adopted the Nationals? I think if the cubs make the WS, the whole baseball loving world will be routing for them...except the team they will be playing..
    Yeah, I like the Nationals, but I'm not a die hard fan. I picked them because they have Harper, who is also from Vegas. He and Bryant played on the same team a number of times.

Yeah, I like the Nationals, but I'm not a die hard fan. I picked them because they have Harper, who is also from Vegas. He and Bryant played on the same team a number of times.
    Boy, Harper had a big boy season huh?

Boy, Harper had a big boy season huh?
    Yes, I remember posting about him in PI just around the time he was drafted. pretty much knew he was going to be a monster.
    He skipped his last TWO years of HS to play in JC.

Yes, I remember posting about him in PI just around the time he was drafted. pretty much knew he was going to be a monster.
    You did
    But man does drama follow him, it seems
    He definitely ruffles a lot of feathers but no denying his talent.......he outdid Trout this year

Didn't anyone tell him that he'll "never get anywhere, without an education?" 555

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    You did
    But man does drama follow him, it seems
    He definitely ruffles a lot of feathers but no denying his talent.......he outdid Trout this year
    He is a bit aggressive. That said, the press has followed him EVERYWHERE since he was on the cover of SI at 16.
    I can't tell you how many jackoff things I did between my 16th and 22nd bdays. Most of the shit is so blown out of proportion, just because it is him.
    Sure, he's a bit cocky, but he NEVER gets into to trouble, always says the right thing (nearly always), and is a great team mate despite the haters.
    He put up monster numbers with zero protection around him, and was thrown the least amount of strikes in MLB.

That whole Papelbon thing.....what a bunch of crap THAT was. Papelbon was looking for something because Harper was pissed he threw at Machado.

That whole Papelbon thing.....what a bunch of crap THAT was. Papelbon was looking for something because Harper was pissed he threw at Machado.
    That being said, Papelbon scared the shit out of him! BH has never been in a fight, lifetime. He's like a lot of prodigies that have been surrounded by their boys and look tough. But never, ever, have to 'put up'

That being said, Papelbon scared the shit out of him! BH has never been in a fight, lifetime. He's like a lot of prodigies that have been surrounded by their boys and look tough. But never, ever, have to 'put up'
    I think Papelbon would scare the shit out of anyone. I don't think Harpers has ever been in a fight either, but he is a strong fckr and maybe could take care of himself.
    but Papelbon REALLY fcked up there. I could imagine if Harper doesn't want him there, he will be gone for sure. Harpers said all the right things after, but who knows how he really feels.

Pablepon is the biggest douche in baseball......for a guy to be that good and not one Red Sox fan care he left says something.
    But he wasn't entirely wrong either
    Bryce doesn't run out fly balls a lot and if he is the best player on the team he has.
    Although in that instance it wasn't like he just stood there...... Pablepon was looking for a fight

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    Pablepon is the biggest douche in baseball......for a guy to be that good and not one Red Sox fan care he left says something.
    But he wasn't entirely wrong either
    Bryce doesn't run out fly balls a lot and if he is the best player on the team he has.
    Although in that instance it wasn't like he just stood there...... Pablepon was looking for a fight
    Every player in baseball probably would have run at that same speed on that popup. That is statistically caught 100% of the time. He was disgusted, hesitated and jogged to first. If it was dropped, he would have been on first, and NO WAY he could have made second. Papelbon just wanted to find something because Harper humiliated him on the Machado thing. Harper probably should not have spoken to the press on that one, but he wasn't wrong about it.
    Also, Harper has had some leg issues. How about pulling a hammy on running out a pop fly.5555 I know, extreme case, but not unheard of.

Also, what right does a RELIEF pitcher have to say anything to a position player about hustling?? He really did screw himself.

Also, what right does a RELIEF pitcher have to say anything to a position player about hustling?? He really did screw himself.
    Well......Harper did basically call him out in the media.......it isn't like he was Mr Innocent in all of it

^Yeah, true. But he sure didn't do himself any favors.