Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Rugby 2016

Rugby 2016

May as well start the year with another rugby thread, an unexpected one to kick things off as Andy Farrell is appointed Ireland's new defensive coach replacing Les Kiss, interesting one with five weeks to go to the start of the six nations.

Watch for his Irish son to appear... 55

^ 55555

Don't have high hopes in the upcoming 6 Nations for England, its rebuild time, but looking forward to it anyway. The squad members should make for interesting reading especially with the current crop of England hopefuls that are injured.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

The Boks are coachless.

No idea.

I think Wales are best placed, I wonder if Scotland can capitalise on a very decent showing in the World cup. Ireland should finish up mid table, France are anyone's guess.

^ I'd agree with that. Scotland should be upbeat about this 6 Nations for a change. Italy look to be going backwards if their RWC showing was anything to go by.

Shame they can't get Georgia and Romania involved... rather than a closed shop...

Same in the south. Great that Argentina are involved... and Japan in super rugby. But Samoa, Tonga and Fiji are still left on their own...

well, the All Blacks will lose Dan Carter, Richie McCaw, Ma'a Nonu, Conrad Smith, Kevin Mealamu, Ben Franks and Liam Messam + Sonny Bill Williams (who are dedicating there next year or more to 7's for the Olymics) amongst others leaving for international contracts this year...That's one hell of a lot of international matches played being lost there..and a whole whack of experience...

With any other team you'd be thinking "well that's them fooked for a long time then" but not really....This is the ABs and if there is one thing they do better than most it is build Dynasty...so in most positions they already have experienced cover...however these players will be missed and the team will once again go on a building and regathering curve..I wonder does any other team really feel that they have a true shot of knocking them off their No1 perch??...most of course are losing experienced test players themselves

^Australia might fancy their chances... as they are losing very few?

Quote Originally Posted by Thin White Duke View Post
    The Boks are coachless.

No idea.
    Nothing new there 555

Start of the Six Nations this weekend and it's been a bit low key given the poor showing of the teams in the world cup. With Scotland and Wales coming out with some pride. Bookies make England slight favorites but that could change if Scotland put it up to them in Edinburgh tomorrow, France V Italy could be a borefest, a big upset or a French walkover. Ireland V Wales is usually a close one but BOD, Keith Wood and Mick Galway all tipped us to lose at home on sunday, very weakened front five, there'll be a new backs line up and Sexton has yet another concussion. Hard to see a Grand Slam but at the outset it looks like a very open championship.

I still fancy Ireland at home... I think all 3 games will be home wins...

^ I think Wales will be too strong for Ireland. Tipuric and Jonathan Davies back for Wales is a big boost for them. Sexton getting concussed far too often for his own good too.
    Scotland need to start winning some home games and build on a decent RWC. England have much to prove and and pretty unchanged 15 from the RWC and Farrell at 12 is uninspiring. Eddie Jones is about to find out whether he has inherited players who are capable of improving under his coaching. I wish he had blooded a couple of the newcomers.
    With France, who knows? Italy appear on a downward slide. Georgia deserve a chance of regular competitive international matches on their RWC showing.

France V Italy turning into a cracker, anyone's game with two minutes to go.
    LivinLOS likes this.

I can't believe Italy let Parisse take a drop goal to win it! France win by two

I wouldn't call it a cracker... two woeful teams... though I thought France were the most woeful... and didn't deserve to win... better game happening in Scotland...
    LivinLOS likes this.

yes..I'd like the time back I invested in that match thanks..

Well a cracker in terms of the tight scoreline and that it went down to the wire made it a lot more exciting than your typical France Italy game. Scotland still lacking that final pass and a desperate inabiity to score a try, England should be miles ahead here.

Scotland look too lightweight against England... you feel it would take a tremendous piece of brilliance or luck for Scotland to score a try... Maybe the weather but Scotland seemed to have lost that spark they had in the world cup...

Two pretty uninspiring games.
    France were woeful. Italy came to play and were a little unlucky to lose that.

Scotland competed well defensively, but showed little in attack although England were fortunate an intercept pass wasn't punished.
    Ford seems to have gone backwards and all to often kicks when he has men outside him. Pity Cipriani isn't considered as he is a game changer and in form. A winning start anyway but much to improve on.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast