Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: MotoGP and WSB 2016

MotoGP and WSB 2016

New thread to start the season and a calendar of the 2016 events. Testing in Sepang Malaysia starting Friday29th Jan.

Date Event
    Mar 20 Grand Prix of Qatar
    Apr 03 Argentinian Grand Prix
    Apr 10 Americas Grand Prix
    Apr 24 Spanish Grand Prix
    May 08 French Grand Prix
    May 22 Italian Grand Prix
    Jun 05 Grand Prix of Catalunya
    Jun 26 TT Assen Grand Prix
    Jul 17 German Grand Prix
    Aug 14 Austria Grand Prix
    Aug 21 Czech Republic Grand Prix
    Sep 04 British Grand Prix
    Sep 11 San Marino Grand Prix
    Sep 25 Grand Prix of Aragon
    Oct 16 Grand Prix of Japan
    Oct 23 Australian Grand Prix
    Oct 30 Malaysian Grand Prix
    Nov 13 Grand Prix of Valencia
    soupdragon likes this.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

Stoner: ?I was able to get back up to speed right away?

Shame he is still adamant he won't race again. It would add a little more spice to the competition.

Going on the Sepang testing, Lorenzo way ahead of his rivals after 3 days using the new hard compound Michelin tyres.

Into the 3rd round already and seemingly no interest in MotoGP anymore?

Marquez looks like the guy to beat this year and he has just easily won in Texas. Rossi off on Lap 2 and a nasty one for Pedrosa taking out Doviziosa.

I am still following it but not having a race that I can watch live yet due to timings am reduced to watching downloads a few days later.

Marc looking strong and back on form.

Those Ducatis are quick again, they will get some podiums this year.

Quote Originally Posted by soupdragon View Post

Those Ducatis are quick again, they will get some podiums this year.
    Iannone got a podium yesterday

I hear Rossi is blaming Marquez for his crash on the weekend. Saying Marquez was riding to fast for him 55

on a more serious note,ducati riders have almost ruined their season already at argentina. bikes are really up to speed and a threat this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Loop View Post
    I hear Rossi is blaming Marquez for his crash on the weekend. Saying Marquez was riding to fast for him 55

on a more serious note,ducati riders have almost ruined their season already at argentina. bikes are really up to speed and a threat this year.
    555 Rossi should have quit at the end of last season on a high. He has nothing to prove, and is only going to go backwards from now on. I don't see him winning another race while Lorenzo and MM are on track unless it rains.

Ducati.555 yeah they have the bike but two riders not prepared to ride for the team but themselves. Lorenzo going there next year should shake things up if the strong rumours are true..
    Vinales expected to go to Yamaha, Smith off to KTM and I don't think Pedrosa will be retained at Honda and Suzuki looks his best chance of a seat. Where that will leave Dovi I don't know, but I'd think he will go before Iannone.

Great sportsmanship from Pedrosa on Sunday too. That was nice to see.
    Last edited by dawsey; 15th April 2016 at 22:23.

Quote Originally Posted by dawsey View Post
    555 Rossi should have quit at the end of last season on a high. He has nothing to prove, and is only going to go backwards from now on. I don't see him winning another race while Lorenzo and MM are on track unless it rains.
    if anyone was ever born to race it is him.
    i think he's still got wins left in him and it will be a sad day when he finally hangs up his helmet and i hope that it will be from his own decision and not like the likes of mick doohan whose last exit from the track was via ambulance....know the feeling.

his win at assen last year (as predicted by yours truly ) was one of his best. a really technical circuit and one of his rare poles that year. the new tyres might make it a little difficult for him to repeat it there this year though. he blamed them for his weekend crash and i believe him.
    and silverstone was a great lesson to all in atrocious conditions.

i'm glad he signed up for another 2 years and who knows how many more as it is not unusual fro former greats to be racing well into their 40's.

legend!!
    soupdragon likes this.

So the worst kept secret in MotoGP is revealed. Lorenzo to Ducati for 2017. Now for the merry go round of seat switching.

MotoGP: Yamaha's Jorge Lorenzo to join Ducati for 2017 campaign - BBC Sport

Quote Originally Posted by dawsey View Post
    Quoting myself here, and Vale proved me totally wrong by dominating qualifying and the race. Led from start to finish with a comfortable 3.5sec win. I don't mind eating humble pie where he is concerned 555 . Still a fantastic competitor at 37 yrs old, and one of the few legends of MotoGP.
    Lorenzo's face when he arrive back at Parc Ferme was a picture. Already blaming the rear tyre for not being able to pass. I hope he fails big time at Ducati.

this has got really interesting now that rossi has done so well at jerez on the new michelins.
    traditionally the round there is seen as the real first hit out. back in europe things can be gauged a bit better for the rest of the season than the prior flyaway rounds.
    most of rossi's titles were won on michelins.
    he seemed really happy with them while lorenzo wasn't. rossi rarely gets pole these days and is more than capable of converting that into a win. 1/10th quicker per lap = 2.5 seconds after 25 laps.

i think we saw a new and more mature MM too. happy to do what he could with an uncompetitive bike and settle for the points rather than chuck it into the kitty litter like he previously would have by over riding it and trying to win anyway he could.

interesting..
    Last edited by Loop; 28th April 2016 at 12:13.

dawsey and soupdragon like this.

^ Very good!

Couldnt understand why the commentators seemed blind to the patch of asphalt bringing Marquez and Divitsioso (sp??) down.. They kept warbling on about other things, then even when it was pointed out from a pit lane comment they didnt follow up or discuss it ?? Track politics ??

Also, did anyone else notice the asian pit girl for P15 ?? I think it was Hernandez, but sure had my attention diverted.. Hot damn !!

Yeah they both glossed over that change in track surface. Always a great line up of pit girls.
    Perfect ride form Lorenzo and nice work from Rossi 7th to 2nd.
    Not a great day for the Brit riders though.

another disaster for ducati. they must be tearing their hair out. i thought pre race that dovi had a chance of winning at odds of 20/1 here. wasn't to be.

commentators nick harris and (??) on the feed here in Oz highlighted immediately and replayed over and over the patched bit of track that MM and dovi crashed on.
    it's not like they hadn't been over it 100's of times over the weekend though? it was right on the racing line so they were all well aware of it. just one of those freakish things that can happen. same as the synchronised crash that doohan and chilli had many years ago.

very dominant weekend for lorenzo and the yammie is clearly the bike to be on this year although lorenzo on the ducati probably would have had a similar result at le mans.

Last edited by Loop; 9th May 2016 at 04:23.

The merry go round has started.
    Lorenzo started it moving to Ducati for 2017.
    Now Pedrosa has re signed with Honda, Vinales moves from Suzuki to partner Rossi at Yamaha. The final move sees Iannone move over to Suzuki.
    I think Vinales and Pedrosa should be the happiest.

http://www.sportrider.com/motogp-vin...none-to-suzuki
    Last edited by dawsey; 17th May 2016 at 22:30. Reason: added link

Nothing posted here for a while, but couldn't miss the opportunity to mention Cal Crutchlow, the first Brit winner of the MotoGP since Barry Sheene 35 years ago.
    To make a good day for the Brits, John McPhee won the Moto3 in horrendous conditions and Sam Lowes was 2nd in Moto2.

The main race was a good one with rain mixing up the positions as some don't seem to cope very well in the wet. Lorenzo is useless in the rain and finished last!
    Nice race from Vale too starting 6th , dropping to 13th then fighting back for a well deserved 2nd place. It seems Marquez is nailed on to win the title unless he has some real bad luck and drops lots of points.

MotoGP Results - MotoGP Brno - Race Results
    soupdragon likes this.

Go Carl !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by soupdragon View Post
    Go Carl !!!!!!
    You can't see a winner outside of the factory bikes in the dry, but in rainy conditions its far more of a lottery. Like Jack Miller, unlikely Cal will win another race unless he gets another factory seat, but its days like these that make the racing so interesting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast