Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Crab Stixs
  • 1 Post By nelsonone
  • 2 Post By Yes
  • 1 Post By dawsey
  • 1 Post By dawsey

Thread: Leicester City

Leicester City

How's this amazing story of Leicester top of the table and having a real chance of winning the premier league playing out in LOS? For those who don't know the team is owned by the duty free people... King Power.

Apart from the helicopter landing in the centre circle of the stadium to pick up the owners after home games they seem a grounded stable bunch. Unlike other Asian owners.. Taksin before at City, Tan at Cardiff and Yeung at Birmingham (who i think is in prison in HK!)

I have to say I really do enjoying watching Leicester City play this season... They hardly ever have more than 40% of possession during each game, yet still win because they play attacking football. I know some people might disagree with me, but I do think some of the success is owed to Nigel Pearson... Just a shame his son was a cock.
    jackal likes this.

Leicester City

He seemed a pretty big cock himself! His weird outbursts at journalists and that time where he grabbed that Palace player around the throat. Some of his ex team mates called him out on Twitter too... Stuff like 'Once a bully always a bully' etc. Can't help but love Ranieri tho.

Quote Originally Posted by kris-one View Post
    He seemed a pretty big cock himself! His weird outbursts at journalists and that time where he grabbed that Palace player around the throat. Some of his ex team mates called him out on Twitter too... Stuff like 'Once a bully always a bully' etc. Can't help but love Ranieri tho.
    Who does not love the Tinkerman? I bet Mr Abramovich might come calling in the summer... But I don't think he would ever go back.

Leicester just seem liked a real united team, all players seemed together and fighting for the manager, their team mates and the fans.. Will be interesting to see what happens this weekend.

As a neutral I love watching them play....I usually go into their games hoping they will just do well and they pretty much always get me onside wanting them to win...they made City look very ordinary last weekend

For my money they are the best "team" in the Premiership atm...and fully deserving of their place at the top...good to see Arsenal and Spurs up there and they are also playing as "teams"...but the likes of City, Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea still look very much like directionless individuals...

if you picked a best team out of the Premiership players this season half of them may well be from Leicester..Morgan, Fuchs, Huth, Kante, Vardy, Mahrez and Schmeichel have all been brilliant this year imo
    jackal likes this.

Yes
    Yea what a fairy tale I am totally enjoying watching them this season,
    i think the tinker an deserves a lot of credit,for thier style,and to do that on a shoestring compared to the others.

i hope they win it.
    nelsonone and jackal like this.

A refreshing change to the usual suspects. I hope Ranieri and his side go on to win it. Nobody expected their run to last, but it has and they have beaten the other top sides on their way.
    Crab Stixs likes this.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

Leicester City

Thai chairman's bday this weekend and he's buying all fans at the game a bday singha beer and Krispy Kreme donut. Another pretty cool gesture from the Thai owners.

Will be in the UK for the last 3 weekends of the season, and have managed to get a ticket to the Chelsea v Leicester game. Will watch the game and then straight off to the airport and fly, to Phuket via Kuala Lumpar. Do not really care who wins the league this year, but just hope it is not Spurs.
    We play them 3rd May and would make our crap season all worthwhile if we beat them and stopped them winning it.

Has been a weird season with a lot of teams that you would not have had in the top 10 performing above what would have been thought, and a lot who should have done a lot lot better under performing. As well as Leicester, I would look at West Ham as a big achiever this year. Bilic has been very slick in the transfer market and got some really good players and gelled them as a team.
    I think that the signing of Payet has probably been one of the seasons best signings and his goals have been very important in the improvement of the team

Quote Originally Posted by greenwood View Post
    Will be in the UK for the last 3 weekends of the season, and have managed to get a ticket to the Chelsea v Leicester game. Will watch the game and then straight off to the airport and fly, to Phuket via Kuala Lumpar. Do not really care who wins the league this year, but just hope it is not Spurs.
    We play them 3rd May and would make our crap season all worthwhile if we beat them and stopped them winning it.

Has been a weird season with a lot of teams that you would not have had in the top 10 performing above what would have been thought, and a lot who should have done a lot lot better under performing. As well as Leicester, I would look at West Ham as a big achiever this year. Bilic has been very slick in the transfer market and got some really good players and gelled them as a team.
    I think that the signing of Payet has probably been one of the seasons best signings and his goals have been very important in the improvement of the team
    If you are going to slag off my beloved tottenham at least get the date right. Spurs play chelsea on the 2nd of May, not the 3rd....5555....been a bizarre season....if i was an england supporter (which i am obviously not but will support them if they play anyone else) i would have thought you would have want spurs to win the league seeing as we have (from back to front england starters) Rose, walker, dier, dell alli and kane....with dell allii and kane being your best players since owen was!

If Leicester weren't in the position their in and Man U not challenging I would definitely be wanting Spurs to win. But really Spurs have spent a shit load of money in the last few years, sold a player for a world record and been through a string of expensive management changes.

Quote Originally Posted by kris-one View Post
    If Leicester weren't in the position their in and Man U not challenging I would definitely be wanting Spurs to win. But really Spurs have spent a shit load of money in the last few years, sold a player for a world record and been through a string of expensive management changes.
    If Levy gets a good enough offer, Spurs will sell Kane too. They will always be a selling club whilst he is chairman. It would break my heart to be a Spurs supporter. I wouldn't bank on the manager staying if he is sold either.
    nelsonone likes this.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.