Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Boxing

Boxing

Did anyone catch the Eubank Jr v Blackwell bout on Friday? It was hard to watch from about 6th round on. And not just saying this with hindsight but I was saying at the time I couldn't believe the ref hadn't stopped it. Those uppercuts were fcuking brutal and repeated. Blackwell was returning nothing for long swathes whilst Eubank unleashed combos. Now he's in an induced coma with bleeding on the brain

Referee and Blackwell's corner have to look at themselves.

Whilst Ufc often looks way more brutal I find the refs a lot better and decisive.

Yeah even with Eubank Snr coming in and telling Jnr to take him out via body blows because he could see the damage being done..

BTW I didnt see the fight, only the various news around it afterwards.

I think that interpretation is wrong. It's going about a bit saying old man Eubank was looking out for his safety etc but IMO he was saying to attack the body to win the fight as all the sustained head shots hadn't dropped him so to try a new tactic. Few pros on radio saying the same today. But I guess since he was the one who fought Watson all those years ago there was a bit of genuine amazement from Eubank snr the ref hadn't stopped it.

Quote Originally Posted by kris-one View Post
    I think that interpretation is wrong. It's going about a bit saying old man Eubank was looking out for his safety etc but IMO he was saying to attack the body to win the fight as all the sustained head shots hadn't dropped him so to try a new tactic. Few pros on radio saying the same today. But I guess since he was the one who fought Watson all those years ago there was a bit of genuine amazement from Eubank snr the ref hadn't stopped it.
    Bit of both I think... he did say he was getting hurt...

He said: "If he doesn't stop it and we keep beating him like this, one, he is getting hurt, and two, if it goes to a decision why didn't the referee stop the fight? I don't get why.

"So maybe you shouldn't leave it to the referee.

"You're not going to take him out to the face, you're going to take him out to the body."

I agree , although Eubank Snr was expressing surprise it hadn't been stopped, he was telling Jnr the best way he thought of ending it rather than trying to spare Blackwell ... I did enjoy watching it and thought Blackwell was amazing that he kept coming back for more , his corner as well as the ref should be asking themselves questions though , hope he recovers soon Nick Blackwell 'not deteriorating' in hospital, says trainer - BBC Sport
    'If it floats, flies or fcuks , it's cheaper to rent"

Fury getting a bit over complacent....

Will be interesting to see who comes out on top this time......and with Tyson Fury......anything's possible !!

Waharoa likes this.

I'm really getting excited about Khan and Alvarez next weekend.

If Khan can avoid being hit on the chin... he has a chance. Though my head can't see how Canelo can lose...

I'm looking forward to it although I don't think Khan gives himnmuch of a match

Be a good fight later but they both dont seem to fancy the mandatory defence against GG! great fighter......

Waharoa likes this.

Was a good 6 rounds of boxing and a devastating punch to finish. I had Kahn at 12/1.. I thought was great odds.. Doh! I guess next for Kahn is back to the UK for a fight with Brook.. A war of the roses kinda thing. And GGG next for Alvarez. Watching this reinforced just how good Mayweather really is.
    Waharoa likes this.

So Canelo vacates the WBC title......obviously doesnt fancy triple G right now!!!!

Canelo vacates WBC title to have more time to negotiate Golovkin fight

Shannon Briggs looked surprisingly good last night, pretty fast for an old guy. Him and Haye will fight in September now, the build up should be entertaining.

I wouldn't be surprised if he fails a drug test! Guy just looked in too good a shape for an old dude.

Vargas-Salido is an absolute war!!

Just pounding each other

Not a word about the passing of the greatest sportsman the world has seen?
    RIP Muhammed Ali.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

GGG v's Kell Brook September 10 in London!.....should be interesting Brook moving up from welterweight to make the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by davis121 View Post
    GGG v's Kell Brook September 10 in London!.....should be interesting Brook moving up from welterweight to make the fight.
    I don't know who Brook is but he will get destroyed.
    Moving up a class to fight GGG?

Absolute death wish

36-0 IBF welterweight.....I cant see he has any real chance either but at least he had the balls to take the fight.....unlike quite a few others in his own weight class

Quote Originally Posted by davis121 View Post
    36-0 IBF welterweight.....I cant see he has any real chance either but at least he had the balls to take the fight.....unlike quite a few others in his own weight class
    And that's the great thing about UFC
    No one hides from each other unlike boxing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast